19 year old male allegedly sexually assaulted by 4 middle age women in downtown Toro

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...g_four_female_suspects_a_bizarre_anomaly.html
Rosie DiManno

"We do instinctively think of sexual assault as something done to women by men because the stats bear that out: 90 per cent of victims are female and 99 per cent of the offenders are male.

These clubbing vamps are a bizarre anomaly, pack hunters in their getaway SUV — Thelma and Louise and Tiffany and Debi, four white chicks who may have gang-groped or otherwise molested a teenager because they didn’t have the balls to pick on, or pick up, a man their own age.

Wanted: Bad girls in black minidresses and stilettos, approach with caution"

from link above:

Of course, one man’s sexual assault is another man’s sexual fantasy come true.
Sexual assault, you say? Lucky guy others say, nudge-nudge, a fivesome and didn’t even have to pay for it.

etc etc etc...horribly written, and if it sex roles were reversed? NO WAY. I am sickened by that article and the belittling of the victim because it was a man. Shouldn't matter who is victim and who is attacker...imo moo etc

oh and this gem:
Some “assaults’’ are merely unwanted touching, annoying for an adult woman but should be slapped down when they occur rather than directed to police

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...sault-of-19-year-old-man-in-downtown-toronto/
"A 2003 report from the Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics showed that men comprised eight per cent of adult victims of sexual assaults that were reported to police. Male victims of sexual assault are just as likely as female victims to report the crime to police, according to the report.

Nicole Pietsch, co-ordinator of the Ontario Coalition of Rape Crisis Centres, said that male victims, like female victims, can encounter stigmas when seeking help"

Terrible crime rape is horrific no matter what the gender of the victim is. I just hope this crime is being treated seriously and everything possible is being done to catch those responsible.

Do we know for certain the 'dress wearers' were actually women. Wonder if this assault will show up on Youtube?

Women rape too. Like the article said, the percentage is low. I would hope that if it was transvestites, they would have stated so, especially if they are asking for the publics help in identifying them.

I am very upset by how this has been reported. They could have worded things differently but they used a great deal or sarcasm which minimizes the offense. This is no laughing matter but there choice of words has most likely contributed to the GP making fun of this crime which would further hinder others from reporting and it revictimized the individual along with any other males that have be sexually assaulted.

I don't think that most males would find four disgusting, possibly diseased females (or whatever) a fantasy. I hope some organizations are speaking out on the behalf of this young man.

Great post BeginnersLuck! I doubt if we could find any threads where a woman was sexually assaulted with the word allegedly in the title.

Women rape too. Like the article said, the percentage is low. I would hope that if it was transvestites, they would have stated so, especially if they are asking for the publics help in identifying them.

I am very upset by how this has been reported. They could have worded things differently but they used a great deal or sarcasm which minimizes the offense. This is no laughing matter but there choice of words has most likely contributed to the GP making fun of this crime which would further hinder others from reporting and it revictimized the individual along with any other males that have be sexually assaulted.

I don't think that most males would find four disgusting, possibly diseased females (or whatever) a fantasy. I hope some organizations are speaking out on the behalf of this young man.

When this thread was started, (clumsily, bm) I hesitated before using the word "allegedly", but followed other news headlines. Also, did not intend for the city to be spelled as Toro either!
If that was my son, I would be horrified and angry if his personal dignity was compromised by any one male or female.

BBM
“It’s very important (that victims come forward) because if they don’t, then there is no record of it ever happening. ... I think he’s very brave,” Toronto Detective Constable Shannon McParland told the QMI Agency.

Male sex-assault victims rarely make complaints because of the stigma attached to the crime, experts say.

In the majority of cases, women are the victims and men are the attackers, said Nicole Pietsch of the Ontario Coalition of Rape Crisis Centres.

“Other men will say for example, ‘Oh, he’s so lucky,’ like that was actually a positive thing when it wasn’t,” Pietsch told the National Post. “I think that that just feeds into the myth that sexual violence is something the victim wants.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-women-police-article-1.1310488#ixzz2Q4ar7WUE

Meant to correct the " middle - age " part of my earlier description, 30-36 is obviously young, but 19 years old seems way younger than that!

hahaha I remember when I turned 30, I thought I was middle aged..but that was almost 20 years ago now so my memory isnt that good. :tears:

Thank god that article and video had some credibility compared to the sarcasm from the other article.

Why is it so hard for society to comprehend that a males are sexually assaulted as well as females. There is nothing wrong with men and women going out on the town to have a few drinks. Just because you have conversation with someone, or get a ride home from them, doesn't give them the "permission" to sexually assault you.

People seem to have a hard time picturing a guy not wanting to get laid by females, so I will give you a visual of what it feels like to be violated by someone that you have no interest in. This visual is not necessarily how the perps looked, but in the mind of the victim it is how you would perceive.

0543631_3362_MC_Tx360%255B1%255D.jpg

I feel like I need to explain myself a little better. I remember standing outside having a smoke with a group at a conference that was held by INCASA (Indiana coalition against sexual assault) he was there because he worked in the field but had a hard time as a man understanding "why" women feel so violated. I wanted to give him this picture and much more of a description so "maybe" he would understand.

Any teen boy who has ever had an unwilling erection in front of his algebra class can attest to the fact that physical arousal does not indicate willing participation.

Any teen boy who has ever had an unwilling erection in front of his algebra class can attest to the fact that physical arousal does not indicate willing participation.

Not at all the same thing. He's not going to have an "unwanted erection" while being accosted. It's a primal directive. Having an erection would hinder your ability to defend yourself, so what could happen in a calm classroom would never happen in combat or any stressful situation. In any case what could happen on it's own in a classroom, doesn't happen on demand. If I hold a gun to your head and demand you to get an erection.......it's not gonna happen.

Not at all the same thing. He's not going to have an "unwanted erection" while being accosted. It's a primal directive. Having an erection would hinder your ability to defend yourself, so what could happen in a calm classroom would never happen in combat or any stressful situation. In any case what could happen on it's own in a classroom, doesn't happen on demand. If I hold a gun to your head and demand you to get an erection.......it's not gonna happen.

He doesnt have to have an erection to be assaulted.

California State University

For Men Only: For Male Survivors Of Sexual Assault

Myth: Erection or ejaculation during a sexual assault means you "really wanted it" or consented to it.

Reality: Erection and ejaculation are physiological responses that may result from mere physical contact or even extreme stress. These responses do not imply that you wanted or enjoyed the assault and do not indicate anything about your sexual orientation. Some rapists are aware how erection and ejaculation can confuse a victim of sexual assault - this motivates them to manipulate their victims to the point of erection or ejaculation to increase their feelings of control and to discourage reporting of the crime.

http://www.csub.edu/counselingcenter/mentalHealth/mensSexualAssault.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member