2 sets of sextuplets born 10 hours apart

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Angelmom,
I am not talking about Twins or even Triplets. Which occur often enough naturally and are born healthy. Often they even make it very close to full term.

I am talking about 5 or 6 when there is ABSOLUTELY no way they will make it full term. It never occurs naturally. I know of ONE case of naturally occuring sextuplets and that happend back in the earlier 1900's in Canada.
I would think if they wanted the help of the invitro Dr they would agree to whatever terms are set forth if they want the procedure.
Selective reduction may put all babies at risk but so does carrying 6 babies..
I am thinking like this.... That poor baby died because his mother carried SIX all the others are at risk and in critical condition..
Had she had selective reduction ... She would have felt a loss probably to a lesser degree then she does now that she has met him and named him and touched him.
And the chances for the remaining children would have been much greater. Possibly right now they would not be in critical condition and subjected to LIFE long health issues.

All the money that goes toward taking care of these babies!!! It is absurd. There are so many adoptable babies in the world ..... it just isn't right.

These multiple births are getting ridiculouls and out of hand.

I live in AZ where one of the couples lives. She carried the 6 to 30 weeks so hers are a little better off than the MN couople, but I do not agree with what her fertility Dr's did, nor do I agree with their website asking for all sorts of handouts.

He makes good $$$ as a pharma rep, she also worked in the medical field.

She managed to get pregnant not using IVF but injecable fertility drugs. She was obviously over-stimulated.

The AMA needs to look at the the standard of care and find out why these women got pregnant with so many babies. We also have another woman out here in Gilbert, pregnant with 5 thanks to fertility drugs. She already has 2 kids too.

The sextuples in MN are in VERY poor shape and one has already died, which is why these multiple births should not be happening.

An 11 oz baby is just sad. That one had no chance.

I think it was the babies at 22 weeks that were concieved via Ferility drugs...

I just rechecked the article and it the 24YO mom who had them at 22 weeks with fertility drugs who lives in Arizona.
The women who lives in MN Is the one who used IVF and made it to 30 weeks.
Although her babies weigh more and made it further along at 30 weeks there is still great potential for many health issues and the mother who self had a heart Attack upon delivering them and is in ICU.
So those babies could potentially be motherless because of how taxing it is on a womens body to carry that many babies.

OK I was Wrong ... BOTH women only used fertility drugs BUT the babies that made it to 30 weeks DO live in MN It is the very premature ones born to the 24YO mom that are IN AZ

I think it was the babies at 22 weeks that were concieved via Ferility drugs...

I just rechecked the article and it the 24YO mom who had them at 22 weeks with fertility drugs who lives in Arizona.
The women who lives in MN Is the one who used IVF and made it to 30 weeks.
Although her babies weigh more and made it further along at 30 weeks there is still great potential for many health issues and the mother who self had a heart Attack upon delivering them and is in ICU.
So those babies could potentially be motherless because of how taxing it is on a womens body to carry that many babies.

OK I was Wrong ... BOTH women only used fertility drugs BUT the babies that made it to 30 weeks DO live in MN It is the very premature ones born to the 24YO mom that are IN AZ

You got it backwards AZ=IVF=30 weeks all breathing on their own mom had heart failure but she should be OK and out of the ICU today or tomorrow
MN=Drugs=22 weeks all critical 1 boy passed away mom OK

The woman in AZ made it to 30 weeks, all her babies are alive. She also suffered heart failure but is now in stable condition.

Masche managed to carry the babies to 30 weeks.

http://www.maschemiracles.com/

You are correct I apologize... The original article on this thread I thought stated the opposite... I have had an off day .. ignore me:)

On the AZ couple's website, they made a point to say they did not conceive these kids via IVF, therefore 6 embryos were not implanted. It was all fertility drugs and God gave them 6 babies. God did not give them 6 babies, the fertility DR did.

On the AZ couple's website, they made a point to say they did not conceive these kids via IVF, therefore 6 embryos were not implanted. It was all fertility drugs and God gave them 6 babies. God did not give them 6 babies, the fertility DR did.

EXACTLY!!!
Talk to me when those babies are concieved naturally.
Which despite the "multiples" website posted in another post on this thread and its "statistics" I don't believe happens.. You have a better chance of winning the lottery!
Or Getting struck by lighting.
On the multiples website it has many listed dating back to the 1800's and from other countries so I discount much of it simply because they did not keep good birth records back then..

I actually KNOW someone who did win the lottery and I Know several people who have been struck by lighting.. (one did not survive it)
Yet I know no one who has 6 babies at once naturally. (or even with help)

These famous one's were conceived naturally:

http://www.quintland.com/start.html

Carpe!! You read my mind!! I was just going to post this..
First Set To Survive
1934 -
Annette Lillianna Marie, Yvonne Edouilda Marie (d June 23 2001), Cécile Marie Emilda, Marie Rein Alma (d 1970) and Émilie Marie Jeanne (d August 6 1954) Dionne (Ontario, Canada, May 28 1934). They were wards of the province & became a tourist attraction, housed in a hospital with a viewing area.

I had made reference to this set of multiples previously ... Of course I was wrong again!!
They were NOT sextuplets but Quints..

The Dilley Children were the first set of Sextuplets in the US to survive.
(They are 10 this year ... You all know the sextuplets that Diane Sawyer updates us on?)

The AZ couple used an "artificial insemination procedure" per their website. They have pictures of their babies up and they are all very small but breathing on their own and cute.

That's sad news, I don't know why it is, but boy's have the hardest time surviving extreme prematurity.

Carpe it is also said that the majority of miscarriages are boys as well.

I wanted to comment about a comment early on in this thread ..

PeterHamilton posted In post #3
"--Its interesting that doctors keep pushing "selective reduction" to increase the other babies chances but new parents consistently resist this--"

I meant to comment on this earlier but .... I am guessing that we do not hear of those that do go for selective reduction because they do not want the publicity.
It would be asking for harrassment from some fanatical anti-abortionist.

I bet their have been many more instances of multiples of 4 and more then we even imagine, it just goes unreported. (as it should)

Actually we never hear of multiples less then 6 lately.
I am positive that there are numorous multiple births of triplets and quads.. We just don't hear of it because its sensational as 6.

Here is the link to the CA set. If you read all they went through to get these babies I think it's easier to understand why they kept all 6 http://www.brianandgracie.com/

I think it would be even more the reason that you would choose the reduction... so that you increase your chance of having a healthy baby.
The risk involved in carrying 6?
I understand what you all are saying but I would think with all that trying your goal would have to be to ensure the greatest possible success..

It is a very personal decision and I don't want to come across as condeming the couples that go through with it ..
Its an emotional issue no doubt and they cannot look at it clinically.
Its just very sad for these children..
There is little doubt that the babies born at 22 weeks, if any survive, will have severe severe disabilities...
I find that to be a selfish thing as a parent.

I also have a small issue with all of these people requesting donations.
It would be onething if it happend naturally but these people went through medical means to get pregnant ....
To request donations is just tacky.
I think that people want a baby sooo much that they tend to forget the reality of actually raising one (or 6)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620
Back