20/20 Special - The List: Who Killed Jonbenet? on 15 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Ramseys kept the light on in JBR's bathroom normally. They kept the light on in the mudroom illuminating the back hallway and part of the kitchen. They kept a light on inside of the sunroom; although, I can't confirm if it was the light inside of the sunroom or just outdoors of the sunroom (complementing the sidewalk light). There was an outdoor light in the back yard as far as I've learned. They also had the Christmas lights on along the pathway leading to the house (which would have illuminated a little bit of the living room and very little of the sunroom [if that light was out].) The sunroom light was out the night JB was murdered (a mystery). They had Christmas lights on in the back den on the 1st floor. There were enough lights for the kids and the parents to navigate the home at night. BTW: the basement lights were left on the day JBR was kidnapped/murdered.

I'd love to get into the details of the Boulder police. They only wanted to record the telephone for the kidnapping. No other recordings were made to confirm the police's story of what was said. They left the 'B' team for that Christmas. This was the only Boulder homicide that year.

My conclusion was that the best places to commit murder that year were uncharted places in Alaska and the front doorstep of the Boulder police department. Even if you got caught and committed the murder at the entry of the Boulder Police Department, Monty Hall would have pleaded your murder case down to having your videos returned to BlockBuster with no one tracking your ankle bracelet.

Exactly. I have zero faith in the DNA evidence, for the very reason that the Boulder Keystone Cops were the ones who "managed" the crime scene. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if all of this "DNA touch" evidence you guys have been quibbling about, came from one of Boulder's finest. They completely bungled the scene, every step of the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks,

Too many broken quotes are having to be repaired by Moderators. Please preview your post to make sure it appears correctly before submitting it to the thread. When we have too many broken quotes, we end up just removing them because we don't have time to do your homework for you.

Also, do not reply within another member's quoted post or your post will be removed. Not only does it make it difficult to figure out who said what, but when your words get mixed in with theirs, it makes it appear they said things they did not say !!

If you don't know how to quote correctly, please private message a Mod or Admin for help on how to use the quote feature properly.

Exactly. I have zero faith in the DNA evidence, for the very reason that the Boulder Keystone Cops were the ones who "managed" the crime scene. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if all of this "DNA touch" evidence you guys have been quibbling about, came from one of Boulder's finest. They completely bungled the scene, every step of the way.

This is where I'm heartbroken over this case. Linda Arndt was brought in to be an investigator for sexual crimes. Boulder is partly a college town. Police departments in college towns treat college crimes with special gentle attention. Linda Arndt was there to be the one to communicate with women of sex crimes. She had no experience with murder or kidnapping. They treated her as...well...female and a novice. She took orders. Either she was a novice or she was a detective. Her title gave her credibility over a novice when what she focused on was sex crimes. This is where she got confused and her authority was overrated.

She instantly sympathized with Patsy on the morning she entered the crime scene. She immediately suspected the 'man' which was John. After the ransom, note time had come and gone she wanted to help John in his nervousness and told him to look for things out of place (but not to touch them). Everyone says this is Linda's biggest mistake, but it wasn't even close. After JonBenet was found, her instincts told her John was involved. After that, she went back into her victim defense mode and insisted that since John and Patsy were in Boulder and the police could interview them any time--this is equivalent to Officer French's not searching the windowless room or even not closing that one door in Constantinople during an outside attack. What happened is that Patsy drugged-up and the Ramseys layered-up. The case was over and no one could overcome that mistake ever.

Touch DNA exists, but not on a level you understand. We shed about 1 million skin cells every day. Those skin cells travel through the air or attach themselves to surfaces we touch. They get into our clothing. We touch them and transfer them every day. What we confuse about DNA and touch DNA is the possible source. In the past, DNA came from saliva, ripped skin, blood and seamen. Touch DNA can come from as little as 7 skin cells (my source is 3 years old so it may be smaller now). That means you can't see it with the human eye. To add confusion to that, the tDNA process can come from multiple sources. That means more than one person can be attributed to the DNA source. To add insult to injury, tDNA doesn't completely come out of a wash cycle. And the samples used to create tDNA are actually so small that they can come from the wash, from that elevator you just rode in or from that bar you just visited. That changes DNA profiling entirely. If your DNA is found, it means you need to put many more pieces of evidence to put you at the crime scene. If however, they find seamen or blood, then the defendant has a lot of explaining. So tDNA is a completely different critter.

Now let me point out that anyone who lives in the house had DNA or tDNA everywhere. There's always a reason for the source (unless it's blood or seamen).

So now we have to look at tDNA samples that come from multiple sources. One source for JBR's touch DNA is a family member (that includes JonBenet). Okay, scratch that one. So let's now look at the attributes that we think are not specific to her. Hmm... We have these attributes that we know are specific to this race and we have these attributes that are specific to that race and we could have another or another. Hmm... We have multiple possible contributors to this sample. But wait, this sample could have been contaminated at some point along the way. Wait a minute. It's isn't 1 out of 2, but one out of 3 or 4 or what??? What type of DNA evidence is that? Well, it's statistically someone it could possibly...be. Aargh!!!

Now let me introduce you to Mary Lacy. She presents the DNA evidence as a 1 in 1 match. The only reason why we think she did this was to stop the pressure the press and the Ramsey defense was putting on her. She excluded critical information from her findings and wrote a letter to apologize to the Ramseys. Now we come to discover that Mary Lacy left out important information regarding the tDNA evidence in order to...well no one knows her motives, but we know she chose to exclude all the DNA evidence facts. She lied to everyone.

So what do we know? The DNA evidence could have come from 7 different sources. Some of those sources can be contaminated because the corner didn't follow the necessary protocol and used the same clippers for JB's fingernails. We also know that JB's blood was mixed with possible saliva in her panties. From the tDNA we know the sources could have been from 3 or more people. Aargh! And tTNA can come from anywhere. So what do we know?

Nothing. We don't know anything from the DNA. Experts said this was contingent on DNA and it's not. This case demands a solution beyond DNA and, God forbid, circumstantial evidence. This is DNA evidence. This isn't the DNA evidence of my childhood. It should be a one on one match (or at least a one in a family match.) How can it possibly be 2, 3 or more people. Our science should be better than that. Only, it isn't. This is what we have. We need to go back to the evidence and use DNA as a piece, but not a determining factor (especially when it comes to family members because they can't be excluded. If you live there, it doesn't put you at the murder scene, but it doesn't exclude you.)

This is what we have by relying on DNA exclusively. So stop. DNA is only a small part of the solution no matter what anyone tells you. Look at the evidence no matter how confusing it may be.

Last edited:
So what do we know? The DNA evidence could have come from 7 different sources. Some of those sources can be contaminated because the corner didn't follow the necessary protocol and used the same clippers for JB's fingernails. We also know that JB's blood was mixed with possible saliva in her panties. From the tDNA we know the sources could have been from 3 or more people. Aargh! And tTNA can come from anywhere. So what do we know?

How do you conclude anything about the DNA found in the panties from the testing done on the longJohns? Other than the experts at Bode saying a most probable match between the two, where does the idea of 7 different sources for the UM1 profile come from?

The analysts at Bode said they saw no indication of a third party contributing to the UM1 profile and would be willing to testify in Court to that effect. Pg 8, http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/128162457/20071101-HoritaLongMemo.pdf

I think the killer assaulted her with the tip end of the paintbrush that was lubricated with the saliva in his mouth. The tip of the paintbrush wounded JonBenet and deposited the birefringent inside her. After the panties were put on her, she bled some drops onto them, blood and saliva. The tip of the paintbrush is missing.

Interesting, but wouldn't the dna sample from the bloodstains in the underwear have had more markers than it did? Sounds like fresh, non-degraded dna to me.

Interesting, but wouldn't the dna sample from the bloodstains in the underwear have had more markers than it did? Sounds like fresh, non-degraded dna to me.

Scientists can only evaluate what they observe. And that most likely depends upon the equipment used and it’s sensitivity to the DNA in the sample.

Last edited:
I think the killer assaulted her with the tip end of the paintbrush that was lubricated with the saliva in his mouth. The tip of the paintbrush wounded JonBenet and deposited the birefringent inside her. After the panties were put on her, she bled some drops onto them, blood and saliva. The tip of the paintbrush is missing.

searchinGirl,
You might be right.

I tend to agree that the birefringent material comes from the painbrush, its an open question whether the paintbrush was used as an instrument of internal assault, or simply a finger, apparently Coroner Meyer suggests it was a finger:

12-29-1996 Search Warrant for 755 15th Street, Excerpt
Detective Arndt told Your Affiant that she witnessed the autopsy of JonBenet Ramsey which was conducted by Dr. John Meyer on December 27, 1996. Detective Arndt told Your Affiant that she observed Dr. Meyer examine the vaginal area of the victim and heard him state that the victim had received an injury constant with digital penetration of her vagina. Detective Arndt told Your Affiant that Dr. Meyer told her that it was his opinion that the victim had been subjected to sexual contact. For further details on the autopsy see the attached document entitled Addendum To Search Warrant.

If there was saliva deposited inside JonBenet should this not have shown up in the lab tests, presumably there would be more than one cell left internally?

The missing tip of the paintbrush has been a long running mystery, why bother removing it, yet leave the remaining piece behind?

I'm assuming the painbrush was removed from the paint-tote, broken, used on JonBenet then neatly placed back into the paint-tote, so picky, what is all that about?

I'm thinking a sexual assault took place then someone assaulted JonBenet with the paintbrush in an attempt to mask this?

<snip>

The missing tip of the paintbrush has been a long running mystery, why bother removing it, yet leave the remaining piece behind?

I'm assuming the painbrush was removed from the paint-tote, broken, used on JonBenet then neatly placed back into the paint-tote, so picky, what is all that about?
<snip>

I'm wondering if the brush end that was left in the tote for whatever reason might have t-dna on the hairs.

searchinGirl,
You might be right.

I tend to agree that the birefringent material comes from the paintbrush, its an open question whether the paintbrush was used as an instrument of internal assault, or simply a finger, apparently Coroner Meyer suggests it was a finger:

If there was saliva deposited inside JonBenet should this not have shown up in the lab tests, presumably there would be more than one cell left internally?

I'm assuming the paintbrush was removed from the paint-tote, broken, used on JonBenet then neatly placed back into the paint-tote, so picky, what is all that about?

I'm thinking a sexual assault took place then someone assaulted JonBenet with the paintbrush in an attempt to mask this?

Possibly. But I don't think you can say for sure that its absence there negates its presence in the blood drops. I would be interested in the forensic evaluation of the missing tip.

I believe it is his souvenir.

I'm assuming the paintbrush was removed from the paint-tote, broken, used on JonBenet then neatly placed back into the paint-tote, so picky, what is all that about?

I'm assuming he must have broken it first, put the brush part back in the tray, constructed the garotte, assaulted JonBenet, and took the tip with him.

Maybe both. In my opinion, this was a sadistic sexual assault that resulted in JBs death. R.I.P. JonBenet.

Possibly. But I don't think you can say for sure that its absence there negates its presence in the blood drops. I would be interested in the forensic evaluation of the missing tip.

I'm assuming he must have broken it first, put the brush part back in the tray, constructed the garotte, assaulted JonBenet, and took the tip with him.

Maybe both. In my opinion, this was a sadistic sexual assault that resulted in JBs death. R.I.P. JonBenet.

searchinGirl,

Sure, there is the old adage absence of evidence does not represent evidence the artifact does not exist, still if the origin of the saliva is via tranfer from the paintbrush tip to JonBenet internally then back out via blood to her underwear its curious no trace was left or picked up by the lab tests ran on JonBenets internal specimen samples and swabs etc?

Must be to go with the size-6 underwear JonBenet wore to the White's along with her pajama bottoms, her pajama top can be seen on her bed in the following photographs, Patsy acknowledged that the pajama bottoms were missing in her version of events and is the reason JonBenet is said to be wearing Burke Ramsey's long johns.

JonBenet's Bed
002jonbenetbed.jpg

JonBenet's Bed Sheet
003jonbenetbed.jpg

JonBenet's Black Velvet Pants Worn to the White's Xmas Party
005jonbenetbed.jpg

Something like that order?

What do you think the motive is for the intrruder to stage JonBenet's sexual assault?

searchinGirl,
You might be right.

I tend to agree that the birefringent material comes from the painbrush, its an open question whether the paintbrush was used as an instrument of internal assault, or simply a finger, apparently Coroner Meyer suggests it was a finger:

Which again, highlights the disastrous Boulder police department, completely disregarding potential evidence at the scene. The scene was compromised the second Jon Benet was removed from the scene by her father. Who knows who was in that room before or after? What had been there that was removed? Or overlooked? We don't know.

Which again, highlights the disastrous Boulder police department, completely disregarding potential evidence at the scene. The scene was compromised the second Jon Benet was removed from the scene by her father. Who knows who was in that room before or after? What had been there that was removed? Or overlooked? We don't know.

mickey2942,
Sure, was the crime-scene compromised and potential evidence disregarded by design or accident?

mickey2942,
Sure, was the crime-scene compromised and potential evidence disregarded by design or accident?

And that is why we can go around and around on this case...it was botched from the beginning, when Boulder PD did not take charge immediately, do a complete search of the home, and secure the scene.

Once the police department is called, their job is to assess, and take control of the situation, including search for missing child on the premises. They did not secure anything. So, why bother to keep hashing all of this over and over? It was compromised beyond repair. Everything is suspect.

Tonight, Thursday Jan 21st, at 10 PM EASTERN Carol McKinley, the reporter featured in the documentary will be joining me on our Websleuths YouTube Live channel.
CLICK HERE AT 10:00 PMish EASTERN TO JOIN US LIVE AND PARTICIPATE IN CHAT

@14:03
A source told CM that
There was a pair of balled up underware that were soaked with urine that had been thrown behind a chair in JBR's room.

LS did not believe there was urine on JBRs sheets.
Although if you open up the evidence bag the smell is putrid.

Dr Lucy Rorke believes JBR was hit on the head first and may have survived with medical care.

CM was told that there is not enough dna for genealogical or familial DNA testing,

Juror appeared on camera because
he felt its been 24 years, so you can use his face and name.

JAR blocked WS from his twitter.

Last edited:
Looking for the JK/dailybeast crime scene video for footage of the chair.
Says 'members only', now.
Is it visible in the crime scene photos?

You think the perpetrator pulled down the long johns at the waist leaving skin cells. Then he broke the paintbrush and obligingly stuck the end in his mouth not realizing that saliva is DNA-rich. The two different types of cells in two different places makes an intruder a reasonable inference.

Did they amylase-test the waistband? It seems to be something that's not necessarily done. Perhaps it was saliva both places?

Last edited:

You think the perpetrator pulled down the long johns at the waist leaving skin cells. Then he broke the paintbrush and obligingly stuck the end in his mouth not realizing that saliva is DNA-rich. The two different types of cells in two different places makes an intruder a reasonable inference.

Did they amylase-test the waistband? It seems to be something that's not necessarily done. Perhaps it was saliva both places?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back