2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And my "creepy meter" went off when he kind of went on and on about KC's hot shorts and cleavage.....was a little strange IMO

And my "creepy meter" went off when he kind of went on and on about KC's hot shorts and cleavage.....was a little strange IMO

I think we just don't like hearing what guys think when they see that sort of stuff.

But he is over explaining, to show WHY he would remember her. Even a year later. The fact he doesn't have girls her age stop in., etc.

As long as he wasn't focused on little Caylee's legs and outfit instead of Casey's, I don't have a problem with him. LOL :blowkiss:

If this guy's story is true, then I feel grateful for the little kindness he showed to Caylee. We will never know how Casey treated her preceeding the day Caylee died, but I have a sinking feeling it was harshly. At least he acknowledged her as her own little person and complimented her and gave her a toy. That may have meant more to Caylee than anything else in her life at the time. I feel so sad.

Hafta let this guys statement sink in a bit more...but...initial impressions...

• Pings appear to support that Casey & Caylee were in the area of his store 6/10, and the details he provided about their visit are believable, IMHO
  • The 6/16 sighting seems plausible, but, improbable, IMHO

The 6/16 sighting maybe transposed from a different location, a different date...or even be of similar-looking people. It just seems unlikely that - after staying up until the wee hours 6/16 that Casey would pop-up the next morning...put Caylee in the car...and drive up to a Walmart a half-hour away when (albeit admitedly less than perfect) Google Maps shows at least 3-4 closer Walmarts to G&C's :waitasec:

That he waited a year to come forward...:waitasec: I guess I can understand it...but it doesn't help his account.

Perhaps the 'beanie baby' and/or the observed behavior in his store - as Friday & AZ have pointed out - are the reasons that SA have JT on their list.

I am really on the fence about this guy and his statement....

There are definitely some quirks about his statement, but on the whole he sounds reasonably credible to me. Especially in light of his addition to the witness list. At this juncture, the SA wouldn't take the remotest chance of using a witness that could be easily impeached, nor would they use him unless his information tied together some other crucial pieces of the puzzle.

Now when I think of obviously hinky statements, I like to recall the airport "sighting" - remember how misguided that one was? JMO, as always.

Hafta let this guys statement sink in a bit more...but...initial impressions...

• Pings appear to support that Casey & Caylee were in the area of his store 6/10, and the details he provided about their visit are believable, IMHO
  • The 6/16 sighting seems plausible, but, improbable, IMHO

The 6/16 sighting maybe transposed from a different location, a different date...or even be of similar-looking people. It just seems unlikely that - after staying up until the wee hours 6/16 that Casey would pop-up the next morning...put Caylee in the car...and drive up to a Walmart a half-hour away when (albeit admitedly less than perfect) Google Maps shows at least 3-4 closer Walmarts to G&C's :waitasec:

That he waited a year to come forward...:waitasec: I guess I can understand it...but it doesn't help his account.

Perhaps the 'beanie baby' and/or the observed behavior in his store - as Friday & AZ have pointed out - are the reasons that SA have JT on their list.

BBM, and this is just a distant chance, but maybe she took a longer ride so she could smoke some weed (a small amount of marijuana she could pocket from TL, or maybe she was the one that broke into the dealer's place....another thread).
This allows time for her to smoke, air out the car, go into Wal-Mart for a while and go back to the house as the buzz wears off.
I don't know how frequently she was smoking, or why she would spend more gas $ that she didn't have by going across town, but just a thought.
Nothing she could have done will suprise me at this point.

I don't know why his statement seems so out there. I think it is because the way he described her. Couldn't he have just left that part out.

I don't even know the guy so let me just have my own opinions. No one has to agree with me!
I agree with you. I think he's a plant to prove Caylee wasn't killed right after the fight with Cindy. Notice he never mentions in his statement how he knew this woman was Casey Anthony, only that Caylee stated her name as Caylee. Did he learn that from the news???

Our Walmarts here generally have side manual doors as well. I think stores are required to have at least one manual door because of religious tenants that require members of a particular faith or faiths to avoid electronic doors, elevators, etc on some religious holidays.

Why KC, though, would opt to use the manual door I don't know. I'm not THAT lazy and try to avoid them. Or maybe it was the closest door to little Caylee and she didn't know that the automatic doors were over to the side of the one she was exiting.

Sad, if it's true, but I have issues with the wording of the statement.
Now, what's interesting to me about what you said, is that Orthodox Jews will do exactly the opposite. They use electronic timers and such to avoid doing "work" on the Sabbath! Then again, they wouldn't be shopping on the Sabbath...

Here is my issue, please correct me if I missed something, did he ever specifically get a name from her? She never made a purchase to get her name from her ATM/credit card. It does sound like it was them, and maybe it was, but he would be much more credible IMHO if either of them told him thier names.

Here is my issue, please correct me if I missed something, did he ever specifically get a name from her? She never made a purchase to get her name from her ATM/credit card. It does sound like it was them, and maybe it was, but he would be much more credible IMHO if either of them told him thier names.
That's exactly what I was trying to say. How did he learn she was Casey Anthony???

Everything this guy says seems so Casey-like though.
I can't explain the part about the WalMart doors but everything
else seems quite believable to me, especially Casey showing her jealousy towards Caylee in the pc store.

I agree- but it is a little weird that he would automatically attribute it to "jealousy" rather than, typical mother aggravation-- such as-- oh great, another stuffed animal. Maybe, that's what he thought at the time, but now that he knows more about Casey's character-- he thinks-- hmm, jealousy? Anyway, why did he wait so long to come forward? And, why did Casey think she needed a monitor (if it's true)? What did she buy at Wal-mart?

Who knows? It made me really sad to read it though. This case is depressing! The most recent doc dumps made me super sad-- just in thinking of the possible nightmare scenarios-- IE-- the evidence is ALL untrustworthy bc it was mishandled. YIKES!

How much of the state's case do you think we've seen? I'm SLIGHTLY worried.

BBM, and this is just a distant chance, but maybe she took a longer ride so she could smoke some weed (a small amount of marijuana she could pocket from TL, or maybe she was the one that broke into the dealer's place....another thread).
This allows time for her to smoke, air out the car, go into Wal-Mart for a while and go back to the house as the buzz wears off.
I don't know how frequently she was smoking, or why she would spend more gas $ that she didn't have by going across town, but just a thought.
Nothing she could have done will suprise me at this point.

If Casey was thinking about shoplifting or passing a bad check I can easily see why she would choose to go to a store farther away from her beaten path. Maybe she felt like she had pushed her luck enough with Target lately and was trying out a new store chain to rob?

If Casey were "hiding out" and killing time while waiting for GA to leave the house I can easily see why she would choose to hang out somewhere off the beaten path where there was a chance she might be spotted by her father or anyone else who knew her and knew she was supposed to be "at work".

He did ask Caylee her name and she told him.

Casey didn't write the bad checks at Target until later.

I agree she may have gone out of the immediate area because she was supposed to be at work.

I also wonder if she wasn't shopping at Wal mart at all but went there to change clothes.

Strange that this person waited so long to report something that important?
Waiting until there was no chance to see any record of what he was reporting?
I can't imagine his testimony will mean much. Stores don't keep tapes for years or even months .

I think it is very important.

I also feel that he did see Caylee for the last few hours of her life.

On the week before the walmart run in(at the computer store he owns),I don't think KC was so much jealous as she was peed off because he wouldn't except a check....Just my 2 cents...

I haven't gotten to read all the thread so I apologize if this has been brought up earlier..

The doors. Caylee was a toddler. I would be concerned seeing a toddler try automatic doors on their own just as I would an escaltor or elevator. The statement does not say Caylee was struggling or pulling on a door.

Maybe with Caylee being 10 feet away she was hoping someone would kidnapped her.Just thinking as to why she would be so far away from her two yr old baby girl!!!
God Bless Baby Caylee the worlds little Angel.
Jmo

With all the news coverage from day one regarding Caylee's disappearance, Casey being arrested, bonded out, arrested again, bonded out, arrested again, all the searches, all the documents/videos released, finding Caylee in December, the Memorial in February and now this individual comes forward a YEAR later remembering Casey came into his store! None of this makes any sense to me based on the fact that he was so detailed about a "hot" Casey.

If Casey left such a lasting impression in this persons mind as well as the child he spotted, why did he wait a year?

IMO, If anything, this person would have come forward on July 16th, when Casey was arrested only a month after he "allegedly" spotted Casey and Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo