2008.07.16 Interrogation First recording

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you think LDB and team would read here? Do you think that they have interns, or the like, scouring to see if they've missed something some of us 'viewers' have caught? Or, maybe to gauge how the information is being viewed by outsiders. Just wondering. You are all so sharp, it's a wonder some of you haven't been solicited by the State to help in some way.

Frankly I think many of the details will get tossed merely because this is a pretty obvious case and the lies themselves, will convict her. But it'd be interesting to know if any of them read here.

The lead prosecutor in the Scott Peterson case did.I don't remember her name. We know Yuri at least read here. So...it's possible.

I had reading only glasses as a child, but later did not need them and to this day I don't wear glasses or contacts or use reading glasses or any vision correction of any kind. I had my eyes checked last year with a great report:)

That being said, I totally think Casey was trying the "hot librarian" thing...for some reason I thought she even referred to it as such once, but I can't remember for sure.... ?? :)

And, welcome to janine:)

The lead prosecutor in the Scott Peterson case did.I don't remember her name. We know Yuri at least read here. So...it's possible.

Thanks for confirming that for me. I went to the Scott Peterson trial everyday. Sat on the prosecution side. Luckily won the lottery each day and to get in even on verdict day. That was a surreal experience. The Lead prosecutor was blond, very pretty.. Birgit Fladager. She was a tough cookie. Her and Rick Distaso.
I would love to make the trip out to FL for this trial. It's really something to see how the evidence unfolds and how hard both sides fight for their position.

I had reading only glasses as a child, but later did not need them and to this day I don't wear glasses or contacts or use reading glasses or any vision correction of any kind. I had my eyes checked last year with a great report:)

That being said, I totally think Casey was trying the "hot librarian" thing...for some reason I thought she even referred to it as such once, but I can't remember for sure.... ?? :)

And, welcome to janine:)

Thanks for that...........I wonder if you ever needed them to begin with? I was given a mild pair as a youngin' and later told that I should not wear them, they will screw up my eyes. Told that sometimes doctors give them when they shouldn't. Now, at 48, I can hardly do anything anymore without them......blind as a bat.
I was actually just trying to make my point about ICA. How many young people are actually given reading glasses when they don't need them, who knows. I base my belief on my doctor reprimanding me for wear reading glasses when my eye exams said I didn't need them. So I stopped and functioned just fine.

She's a fraud and I do believe she was just pretending.....it was her smart look. IMO

Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for that...........I wonder if you ever needed them to begin with? I was given a mild pair as a youngin' and later told that I should not wear them, they will screw up my eyes. Told that sometimes doctors give them when they shouldn't. Now, at 48, I can hardly do anything anymore without them......blind as a bat.
I was actually just trying to make my point about ICA. How many young people are actually given reading glasses when they don't need them, who knows. I base my belief on my doctor reprimanding me for wear reading glasses when my eye exams said I didn't need them. So I stopped and functioned just fine.

She's a fraud and I do believe she was just pretending.....it was her smart look. IMO

Thanks for the welcome.

RBBM
I have wondered if I even needed them at all, but I do remember I was getting headaches before I had them and they stopped after I got them. I've always been a bookworm, but as a kid I was constantly reading and poor lighting may have been a contributor, as well, perhaps. My mommy always nagged me about not noticing it'd gotten dark while I was reading and I didn't turn a light on. :innocent:

And you are welcome for the welcome, LOL :)

Bringing it back more on topic now, the other day I re-listened to both the first interview at hopespring as well as the universal one, both of which are audio only, not video. I don't think Casey was being bullied or mistreated at all during these interviews. Yuri (I like to pretend I can call him by his first name) had been dealing with all the lies the Casey lie factory had pumped out at him originally, and I think he was really hoping she'd have a reasonable explanation. As he said in the recent hearing, he couldn't fathom the mother of a missing child lying to the police about how they could help find said missing child. There's even a part in the universal interview where one of the detectives, Appie Wells, I think, was doing a "good cop," kinda thing, and he said something to the effect that they didn't want to be big mean policemen, they just really wanted to help, and Casey interjected with this quick and high-pitched smarty-pants "I know!"

Casey is smart in the same way that Homer Simpson is smart. "I am so smart, s-m-r-t." Perhaps she shoved a crayon up her nose as a child. Quick, Jose! Get that MRI machine warmed up! It's not murder, it's "Burnt Umber!" (I don't even know if that's the correct machine for that, I'm just being silly....obviously...)
:seeya:

Listening to that recording again after what ? a couple years now, my thought is.....how ridiculous she sounds. I mean, none of what she says makes any sense. She dropped her baby off, went to work, ok....right here, stop, you didn't work, so why where you dropping your baby off!? Next, no one lived there! There is no Zenaida, who did you drop her off to? I mean the whole thing is crap. And who sits there calmly and tells a detective the story of their missing baby after 31 days so matter of factly, no emotions, no sound of worry, no frazzle, like that?? It is too ridiculous for words!!!!

Remember when Haleigh went missing? And they hooked Misty up to a voice stress test and interviewed her? Why has no one done that to these recordings of KC? And of CA, GA and LA. I know they cannot be used legally, but wouldn't it be interesting for us here to see the results of such a test on all the A's interviews? If anyone knows how, I beg you to please do it for us. I know it will be an after the fact, computer program type analysis thing...but that's ok. It would be interesting to find out what answers a non emotional machine(no not talking about KC here, talking about an actual machine!) would come up with. I think so anyway.

MOO

Listening to that recording again after what ? a couple years now, my thought is.....how ridiculous she sounds. I mean, none of what she says makes any sense. She dropped her baby off, went to work, ok....right here, stop, you didn't work, so why where you dropping your baby off!? Next, no one lived there! There is no Zenaida, who did you drop her off to? I mean the whole thing is crap. And who sits there calmly and tells a detective the story of their missing baby after 31 days so matter of factly, no emotions, no sound of worry, no frazzle, like that?? It is too ridiculous for words!!!!

Remember when Haleigh went missing? And they hooked Misty up to a voice stress test and interviewed her? Why has no one done that to these recordings of KC? And of CA, GA and LA. I know they cannot be used legally, but wouldn't it be interesting for us here to see the results of such a test on all the A's interviews? If anyone knows how, I beg you to please do it for us. I know it will be an after the fact, computer program type analysis thing...but that's ok. It would be interesting to find out what answers a non emotional machine(no not talking about KC here, talking about an actual machine!) would come up with. I think so anyway.

MOO

I don't think it would work with KC. She has no feelings, no emotions regarding her missing child. She is only stressed when it's about her. jmo

Hello Everyone!

Been a long time lurker. Figured I better register before the trial starts. Love reading here.

Anyway, after listening to these tapes again, the very end of the second video caught me. Yuri asks her if there is anything else that she needs to tell him. She says, "Caylee has very distinctive features EVEN IF HER HAIR HAS BEEN CUT....". Oh how I wish they could tell if she indeed cut her hair. Why say that?

Also, with all of the garbage about the phones, I noticed that the very early phone call with Lee, she told him that she got the 2nd one at the AT&T store. At that time, Lee could not have known that she told Yuri it was a WORK phone. She really thought she was going to get away with all of her BS.

The glasses thing always made me wonder too. In one of her Cookie letters she said she was boycotting her glasses. That's where she mentioned the Hot Librarian look. Does that mean she wears contacts to court or can she not even see the stand? They must not be that strong since she can see her furious notes without putting her nose on the page like I would have to. And she can see LA mouth "I love you"....probs just another lie.

The glasses thing always made me wonder too. In one of her Cookie letters she said she was boycotting her glasses. That's where she mentioned the Hot Librarian look. Does that mean she wears contacts to court or can she not even see the stand? They must not be that strong since she can see her furious notes without putting her nose on the page like I would have to. And she can see LA mouth "I love you"....probs just another lie.
I take it to mean by boycotting them.. someone else is wanting her to wear them and she disagrees. I think they were just a prop. I have never seen her in glasses again, or in any photos before. She is not purchasing contact solution in the commissary.

LKB probably the driving force behind the glasses "studious, librarian look" is my guess. (FAIL) She'd wear em' 24/7 if Jose wanted her to .. but boycott a strong, forceful type of female...haha

Okay- one more......:banghead:

So I just have to get this out because someone just mentioned hair cutting.

Sticking with that same interview where she's in the black pants/white blouse and they are waiting for JB- (playing with glasses)......While the detective dials JB's phone number (ICA rattled that off like it was her own number), hands her the phone, then he looks at her drivers license....
He comments:

DET....."when'd you cut your hair".....

ICA ignores him and begins talking to JB telling her where she is and to come to the sheriffs office, but is focused on the detectives question.........

Ends the call and says JB is coming then with out missing a beat, had the fortitude to bring the conversation back to "OH, BOUT MY HAIR*giggle, fluff fluff*- I STARTED TO GROW IT OUT LAST SUMMER"....yada yada....

Unreal..........Here she is- handcuffed, baby missing, sitting in front of two men who are looking for answers about her child, and she had the wherewithal to start talking about her hair styles.......

I was like "OK ICA- can we focus here?".... I would have said- who gives a crap about my hair "FIND MY CHILD".........But because she had not a care about that, it was more like "OK- enough about Caylee- back to MEEEE! :maddening:

Hello Everyone!

Been a long time lurker. Figured I better register before the trial starts. Love reading here.

Anyway, after listening to these tapes again, the very end of the second video caught me. Yuri asks her if there is anything else that she needs to tell him. She says, "Caylee has very distinctive features EVEN IF HER HAIR HAS BEEN CUT....". Oh how I wish they could tell if she indeed cut her hair. Why say that?

Also, with all of the garbage about the phones, I noticed that the very early phone call with Lee, she told him that she got the 2nd one at the AT&T store. At that time, Lee could not have known that she told Yuri it was a WORK phone. She really thought she was going to get away with all of her BS.

Welcome Softail to WS :seeya:
So glad you joined us and are adding your voice and comments to the discussion. I also agree that it was strange how she said Caylee had very distinctive features, but then should really couldn't describe her features with much detail. If I had never seen a picture of Caylee - KC certainly wasn't describing any real "distinctive features" that I would be able to pick this child out in a crowd. Even when KC describes the birthmark is like a 'line or a beauty mark'. None of her "descriptors" tell me about KC's child, does she even know who this child is? I think many of us here could describe Caylee's distinctive features better than KC did, and most (if not all) of us never met this sweet angel.

Hi-

Eye glasses yes, READING glasses?????? I highly doubt it. If there are cases where a young child/adult is in need of reading glasses only, it's rare, if ever- notice we've seen her only ONCE with these. She does not wear glasses for poor eyesight. If she did, she'd be wearing them all the time. Or if she wore contacts, she wouldn't be wearing her glasses on her head like she was in this interview only. You either need glasses or you don't. Reading glasses come into play as you age.....She had READING glasses on her head that she was playing with and wiping.

If someone can show that ICA wears glasses, I'll change my mind on her fictitious smart 'look'.

Welcome!

IIRC ICA normally wears contacts, so yes she would have glasses as a back up. There is an older photo out there of her with a silver metal frame.

I have used reading glasses since childhood because I needed them and they did not ruin my eyes, they were a big help. Once past 40 I started needing them more often - still only for close up.

BTW I am a Licensed Optician - I have fit lots of kids with "reading" glasses, including my own DD. People who can't see close up are far sighted (hyperopic), this can be present at a young age, just like myopia (near sighted). People who are 40ish or over and suddenly needing reading glasses are presbyopic - the lens hardens with age and stops adjusting to focus - the glasses do this for you.

I have no way of knowing for sure what type of Rx ICA has, if I had to guess I'd say she is myopic, needs them for distance (like driving) more than close up and that is what she had on when arrested and yes she was going for the sexy (gag) student or secretary look. :sick:

Thanks for the welcome.

And it was a GOOD point. Welcome to WS!! :)

Welcome!

IIRC ICA normally wears contacts, so yes she would have glasses as a back up. There is an older photo out there of her with a silver metal frame.

I have used reading glasses since childhood because I needed them and they did not ruin my eyes, they were a big help. Once past 40 I started needing them more often - still only for close up.

BTW I am a Licensed Optician - I have fit lots of kids with "reading" glasses, including my own DD. People who can't see close up are far sighted (hyperopic), this can be present at a young age, just like myopia (near sighted). People who are 40ish or over and suddenly needing reading glasses are presbyopic - the lens hardens with age and stops adjusting to focus - the glasses do this for you.

I have no way of knowing for sure what type of Rx ICA has, if I had to guess I'd say she is myopic, needs them for distance (like driving) more than close up and that is what she had on when arrested and yes she was going for the sexy (gag) student or secretary look. :sick:

Thanks- I stand corrected then. My doc ripped me a new one because the eye doc gave them to me when he insisted I didn't need them.

That's okay. You know best. I wonder what she's doing to maintain the contacts then since someone else mentioned no contact cleaner ordered?

:D:tyou:

And it was a GOOD point. Welcome to WS!! :)

Thank you- and I was corrected by LCoastmom. I guess I was grossly ill-informed by own doc.

But-strange we haven't seen her in them since then....:waitasec:

Thanks- I stand corrected then. My doc ripped me a new one because the eye doc gave them to me when he insisted I didn't need them.

That's okay. You know best. I wonder what she's doing to maintain the contacts then since someone else mentioned no contact cleaner ordered?

:D:tyou:

I don't know what she's allowed to have in prison, but if she's wearing disposables she wouldn't need to clean them.

If her Rx is in the mild category she probably functions OK without wearing them in her current "profession", she's not driving or seeing much TV. In her old life on the road - they may have been mandatory.

Sorry the doc ripped you one, how were you supposed to know you didn't need them if the first doc said you did? KWIM?

In thinking about the interrogation - this is the information gathering stage. When the info is tainted and LE are attempting to get to the truth - it was KC that derailed herself - not LEO's unfairly taking away KC's rights. KC wasn't telling anything that added up - she continued to spin her lies and LE's responses were much softer than they could have been. I would be asking things like: "tell me that again?"; "did you just say this but now you are saying that?" (were you lying then or are you lying now?); and I would be thinking nothing is adding up and I have no where legitimate to start. I applaud YM in his kid glove handling of KC even while confronting her. He handled himself professionally IMO. Regarding the Universal trip - (the next recording) YM says the door is closed for privacy. At a Dr's office, therapist office, even a car sales financial person - the door gets closed for privacy and it doesn't mean you are under arrest or being detained. YM even says the door is unlocked and he is investigating a missing child report.

In thinking about the interrogation - this is the information gathering stage. When the info is tainted and LE are attempting to get to the truth - it was KC that derailed herself - not LEO's unfairly taking away KC's rights. KC wasn't telling anything that added up - she continued to spin her lies and LE's responses were much softer than they could have been. I would be asking things like: "tell me that again?"; "did you just say this but now you are saying that?" (were you lying then or are you lying now?); and I would be thinking nothing is adding up and I have no where legitimate to start. I applaud YM in his kid glove handling of KC even while confronting her. He handled himself professionally IMO. Regarding the Universal trip - (the next recording) YM says the door is closed for privacy. At a Dr's office, therapist office, even a car sales financial person - the door gets closed for privacy and it doesn't mean you are under arrest or being detained. YM even says the door is unlocked and he is investigating a missing child report.

Had he accused her of anything, they would be throwing everything out today. It may not be adding up, but he had to check it out first.

A picture story...
CASEY O'Marie:shamrock:... whether she needed glasses or not makes no difference She was role playing! First a :detective: for 31days! She was a :princess: and GA told her so!
While MANY believe KC had no "real job" ~ I disagree! I think she was an escort, maybe on a small scale perhaps(hence always broke)but did participate in the "John's request"(dressing the part) and wasSTILL TRYING to do that to appeal to JB,male reporters, police officers! LIBRARIAN, HOLLYWOOD, SPORTY GIRL... we saw several Casy O's didn't we?

IMO someone did watch Caylee while mommy played dress up games like harem girl :genie:, teacher :read:, just fun :jester: etc... but who I wonder?

We all heard how she acted like the "guy" after intimate acts with her "boyfriends". That she would just hop up and leave. Almost as though it was second nature < My Words here.
I'm NOT saying she declared any income to :unksam: BUT I do believe that WAS her "job" NOT SAYING she made good money...

Unfortunately flirty looks :bateyes: walking around like she was :cool: might have caught the attention of a few "John's to be" and a few red blooded American men (at first) too bad KC! :behindbar: there is only one role... INMATE! BUT WAIT!
There i ssomething very special planned in May!
:bdsurprise:
KC all those friends you will be seeing again aren't going to be throwing you a party :nono: time to get off of :cloud9: ya can't :doorhide:

:bee: :cow:

THIS TRIAL IS GONNA THRILL ME MORE THAN:rollercoaster:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!