2008.07.24 George Anthony Interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What you wrote makes perfect sense. Cindy seems to have a very abusive, if not abrasive, personality, and Lee may be the only one that had a free pass with her.

Remember how it has been said that Cindy ridiculed Casey in front of Jesse.
Remember Casey saying "mom always said I was an unfit mother."
For some reason, I am thinking she has taken 'controlling personality' to a new level.

Her actions and behaviors have even rubbed off on Casey and Lee:
"Job Hunting for Dummies", the fact they talked about not wanting to be there when he was there, etc.

I am still nagged by the fact that Cindy maybe the last proven person to see Caylee alive (if you believe George was lying about seeing the 2 on the 16th).
I hope LE is investigating this. There has to be a reason Casey has clammed up and uttered those words: "You don't know what my involvement in this is.."

Poor George.

I remember reading when Casey and Lee's MySpace pages were open, over and over again Casey would be commenting to Lee that he could come by and pick his laundry up and so on, and then go on to tell him the time of day that George wouldn't be there. I think they were taught by Cindy's behavior not to respect George and I doubt they listened to a word he said. I lived with a VERY controlling husband for many years and you lose your sense of self and you start believing that what someone tells you about yourself may be true. It's just a convoluted mess that is very difficult to get out of, especially if family is all important to you. Maybe George even thought that he was Caylee's only hope. So many questions and so few answers!

I realize there are parents that continually say, "Not MY child!"...exactly like CA told YM in her interview. This isn't new in our schools or in life. Parents like this have always existed. It is unfortunate for the children they raise, but they don't grow up to murder their own. They grow up with a sense of false entitlement until life hands them a lesson or two.

They are a danger to society. They grow up thinking the rules don't apply to them. That everyone is suppose to move out of their way. They are 'owed' everything.

I watched a a child of 6 jump line at Disney Quest. Right to the front of the line. The first time, I thought it was because the mother didn't notice. When he went to the next line and did it again... I noticed the mother DID SEE EVERY THING and didn't say a word.

I can see him doing that when he is old enough to drive a car. How many accidents will that cause, I wonder. How many fights are started because folks think they can cut in line places.

So no, they don't always grow up to murder their kids. But they can and do cause a lot of damage to themselves and those around them.

I realize there are parents that continually say, "Not MY child!"...exactly like CA told YM in her interview. This isn't new in our schools or in life. Parents like this have always existed. It is unfortunate for the children they raise, but they don't grow up to murder their own. They grow up with a sense of false entitlement until life hands them a lesson or two.
I think...and yes, this is my own personal opinion...that what Cindy has done has gone beyond reason.

I'm still in the process of reading George's interview and it's breaking my heart. I hear a man who knows deep down what the deal is but is trying to balance the cop side of him with the father/grandfather/husband side of him and trying to keep the peace as much as possible in the process. What a stressful horrible position to be in.

You got that right , i wish Cindy could be cut a bit of slack too , we would all die for our kid's right? No matter what?

Cindy is dying a slow death defending her Daughter , whether that is right or wrong is by the by but i respect her moral right to do so.

Like Tim Miller said if we were "walking in their shoes"!.......

I haven't read any replies yet, but I have to say George is breaking my heart here. I don't think there is any way this man had a hand in helping bury or dispose of Caylee. I'm sitting here in tears after reading this interview..

Apart from Caylee, I think I shed my first tears for a member of the family today. Reading the interview broke my heart because George sounds so broken over losing his granddaughter.

I know it's hard for anyone to believe, but men can be the victims of domestic violence as much as women. Think of Cindy's personality- she is controlling, she is volatile and she came out swinging in KC's defense. And I imagine that Lee also wants to protect her. So what chance did George have except behind the scenes to tell the truth? He went to the grand jury and, IMO, spilled his guts about what he smelled and suspected. He was pivotal in getting KC charged with murder. He did NOT drink the kool aid.

When you read him next? Are you talking about media stuff? Stuff he is doing with the family?

That stuff is part of him surving. It doesn't impact the case one way or the other. But it does help him with dealing with his family. In an envriment he has to live in.

KC is doing the exact same thing right now. She is following what she is told to do. Sleeping where she is told to sleep. Because that is what she has to do.

His wife has flipped her wig. It really harms none, for him to stay with her. He might have been keeping her much calmer then she might be without him.

Thro sickness and health. I know that is what my vows said.

You can not force your love ones to seek help. There are laws against that. All you can do is stand beside t hem until they bottom out. And be there to catch them.

We might think it would be better if he left. But it's always hard to leave, and know your going to be alone. He would really be alone. No family.

No, I don't think he has drank the kool aid. I think he is trying to do what is best for his family. Different members have different needs.
I think he's in an abusive relationship and should try to break the cycle. For now, he feels compelled to keep things "even", but he'll lose himself in the process.

I do pray he's on the "right side" in this mess.

This was almost unbearable to read. For all those here that keep criticizing George for driving around with the billboard and trying to sell the T-shirts--please let it be. I think GA needs this or he will truly go insane.

It says "has a criminal history OR..." and may simply refer to the multitude of coinciding check fraud/forgery charges. Just guessing. JMO

At that point Casey had not, and still has not been convicted of the financial charges, so it is doubtful that they would be taken into account at that timem.

I remember reading when Casey and Lee's MySpace pages were open, over and over again Casey would be commenting to Lee that he could come by and pick his laundry up and so on, and then go on to tell him the time of day that George wouldn't be there. I think they were taught by Cindy's behavior not to respect George and I doubt they listened to a word he said. I lived with a VERY controlling husband for many years and you lose your sense of self and you start believing that what someone tells you about yourself may be true. It's just a convoluted mess that is very difficult to get out of, especially if family is all important to you. Maybe George even thought that he was Caylee's only hope. So many questions and so few answers!
I can't believe we both said basically the same thing (you much better than I).

They are a danger to society. They grow up thinking the rules don't apply to them. That everyone is suppose to move out of their way. They are 'owed' everything.

I watched a a child of 6 jump line at Disney Quest. Right to the front of the line. The first time, I thought it was because the mother didn't notice. When he went to the next line and did it again... I noticed the mother DID SEE EVERY THING and didn't say a word.

I can see him doing that when he is old enough to drive a car. How many accidents will that cause, I wonder. How many fights are started because folks think they can cut in line places.

So no, they don't always grow up to murder their kids. But they can and do cause a lot of damage to themselves and those around them.

This is what I'm talking about. It's easier to say yes than no to your child. It is easier to pretend your child has done nothing wrong than it is to call them on the carpet. Blah blah blah. However, it isn't the RIGHT thing to do.
I dealt with my child's bi-polar, and it was a nightmare. She is currently doing very well for herself, now age 20. I spoke with a man whose daughter is 37 years old, and he explained to me they never confronted her on her lies, her behavior, etc. "because she would throw a hissy fit and it upset her mother." Yeah, so much better to let her be an abusive, controlling, emotional and financial drain on them until the day they die, and then what?
Getting off my soapbox, this topic just irritates the he!! out of me, and we all pay for it.
Lanie

Forgive me if this doesn't belong here but this is the only thread I could find to discuss todays doc dump

I am currently reading the child services report and KC states that she was proud that during a search for Caylee another child had been found??? Did I miss hearing about this or is this another one of her lies???

She also said her new vocation would be to work trying to find missing children and now we have CA saying the same thing!?!

I know that NG mentioned Casey's past. Someone brought up the fact that she has no criminal history...and NG remarked "that we know of". That should be a matter of public record. Blink thought there may have been a previous report to CPS but I haven't been able to find reference to it. It could be as simple as this box being marked.

When CPS was called and did their interview, KC was setting in jail. It was pretty clear that charges was going to be filed and that one could assume she would be found guilty on the check charges, at least.

To CPS, they dont' wait until "guilty' by a court to say she has a criminal past. It isn't "innocent until proven guilty.' It pretty much is the other way around.

They don't have time to 'play' the 'wait and see' game.

So I wouldn't take those comments to mean that they are talking about a different situation then what we all ready know. I would look just to cover the possibly bases. But I wouldn't assume something was being hidden because I couldn't find it. Not based upon CPS's wording. :rolleyes:

Forgive me if this doesn't belong here but this is the only thread I could find to discuss todays doc dump

I am currently reading the child services report and KC states that she was proud that during a search for Caylee another child had been found??? Did I miss hearing about this or is this another one of her lies???

She also said her new vocation would be to work trying to find missing children and now we have CA saying the same thing!?!

This is news to me. I am sure a child was found... somewhere, and by efforts completely unrelated to KC and her charade.

Irishbosox~ If it happened, I am not aware of it. There has been no report of them finding another missing child while on this case that I recall at all.

Where DOES she come up with this stuff?!?!

Unfortunately, we have to also look at GA's testimony objectively instead of emotionally. From an emotional standpoint, I can see where everyone is coming from...

now step back and read it again from the perspective of LE. Note the way he jumps onto certain issues and how he himself is trying to control things in the conversation.
I felt as if he was there on a fact finding mission. He wanted to speak to both detectives because he felt as if they had "hit it off" or something to that effect. It was just a bit too ingratiating, but still I feel he was there to find out how much they knew.

I felt as if he was there on a fact finding mission. He wanted to speak to both detectives because he felt as if they had "hit it off" or something to that effect. It was just a bit too ingratiating, but still I feel he was there to find out how much they knew.
Yes, that could very well be.

Unfortunately, we have to also look at GA's testimony objectively instead of emotionally. From an emotional standpoint, I can see where everyone is coming from...

now step back and read it again from the perspective of LE. Note the way he jumps onto certain issues and how he himself is trying to control things in the conversation.
Exactly right..he is a manipulator too!

When CPS was called and did their interview, KC was setting in jail. It was pretty clear that charges was going to be filed and that one could assume she would be found guilty on the check charges, at least.

To CPS, they dont' wait until "guilty' by a court to say she has a criminal past. It isn't "innocent until proven guilty.' It pretty much is the other way around.

They don't have time to 'play' the 'wait and see' game.

So I wouldn't take those comments to mean that they are talking about a different situation then what we all ready know. I would look just to cover the possibly bases. But I wouldn't assume something was being hidden because I couldn't find it. Not based upon CPS's wording. :rolleyes:
Thanks. I still wonder just how much investigating Cindy did in getting custody....or was it just a threat she liked to throw Casey's way?

This was almost unbearable to read. For all those here that keep criticizing George for driving around with the billboard and trying to sell the T-shirts--please let it be. I think GA needs this or he will truly go insane.

I think he needs anything that will keep him distanced from Cindy. He works opposite shift than her, probably for a reason. I doubt that they have much of a relationship, possibly just a practical one for financial purposes, and for "keeping the family together." I am curious about why he left the home at the time of Caylee's birth. I'm sure a new baby in the house was stressful, but it's also time to be a proud grandpa, and the timing seems off.

Nope I agree with you, when I say later I mean immediately following the pick up of the car through now; I should have been clearer.
I was just pointing out that for me, he would have given KC up by now, the others, imo, go too, ere go...:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back