2008.08.04 George Anthony Interview Audio

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's really strange also that Cindy did not meet or have a number for the sitter. Men usually don't get involved as much with childcare so I can understand GA not having a number. Obviously CA has been covering for KC for quite awhile. Why the lie about KC taking her car? In her 911 call she said that KC stole her car.

I agree, especially since she had phone numbers to most of casey's friends. It just doesn't fit her controlling pattern.

It struck me as odd that GA remembered some of those details nearly 6 weeks after he last saw Caylee - especially since he didn't know he was ever going to need that info again!

I know he's former LE & all, but still seems odd!

I agree, especially since she had phone numbers to most of casey's friends. It just doesn't fit her controlling pattern.

No. It doesn't reall, does it? Neither does KC not working for two years without her finding out. Unless of course, she preferred not to have to deal with any of it. (Kind of like she's doing now.)

MOO

You have to remember that Cindy had the friends over to the house for a get together on the 26th July IIRC,and they (friends) had been interviewed by LE between July 17-30 Cindy was interviewed on August 1, not all friends showed up Tony L for one.

I agree with both of you on this point. And when the detective says, "George, I think you're a guy who knows a lot about a lot of things." and GA gets real quiet I don't think he was offended, I think he was taken aback or almost moved by that b/c I don't think he feels like anyone else thinks that.

My guess is that he does know quite a bit about a lot of things - he seems handy around the yard and cars and house, has worked in business and LE - and is interested in things (cooking show, etc.). But I get this idea of him offering a suggestion or idea and Cindy and Casey just rolling their eyes at him and blowing him off like he thinks he knows everything and he's just soooo lame. And being treated with such disrespect gets old after awhile. When someone finally acknowledges that he does know something it is affirming, but of all the things to be right about this is the last thing he would have wanted. It's such a bitter moment b/c he realizes he would rather have been wrong again.

I know being called a totally neurotic and paranoid mother gets on my nerves, and the time I took my baby to the ER at 3AM (when my DH thought I was being ridiculous)...when the doctors grabbed him from me and put a red slip on his chart to move him to the front of the line, I just wanted to take it all back and be the crazy mom again. I did NOT want to be right!!! I wanted them to talk in soft voices about how being a mom was hard and not to feel bad about overreacting...everyone does it sometimes. I did NOT want to see them putting oxygen on my baby's face. And that's how I think GA felt when the detectives told GA that they thought he was a smart guy...they were acknowledging that his gut instincts were right. When he got really quiet, inside his head he was screaming NO! and begging for them to treat him like one of the crazy tipsters who call in about the aliens who abducted Caylee. Because this time he would have given ANYTHING to be wrong. And it was breaking his heart to know the truth in that moment.

I've always enjoyed your posts Angelmom, and this one is no exception. One that really touches the heart. You are so good at putting words together. I hope your little guy was ok. Hugs to you.

Do you know where else I can find this. I can't open up a WMA file on my computer. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Google search Windows Media Player and download it. It takes like 20 seconds and is easy..then you'll get to listen!

google search windows media player and download it. It takes like 20 seconds and is easy..then you'll get to listen!
i had media but not version `11 . See my post above it has link to download. Finally fixed it!!

George makes many references to his wife's temperament. He sounds like he is a beaten down man in a situation that he is trapped in. I am really surprised we haven't heard more about his private side, not that it is any of our business. He seems to fit the profile of a completely miserable man, imho.

I agree... I suppose after 25+ years of marriage he just does not know any better..

As far as KC using the car while Tony was gone, I don't think she would have had to make a key. It seems like he had her drop him off in the Jeep at the airport and pick him up (remember, she washed his car for him)..

As for the day she used a dark colored SUV to meet Matthew for lunch, I am still not convinced this was TL's black Jeep (seems like a black Jeep would be memorable to Matthew). However, TL's schedule was until 1:00 so maybe she had taken him to Full Sail (which is on University, so nearby) and was having lunch with Matthew while waiting to pick up TL at school. But then, why make up the lie to Matthew that TL was still on vacation. Oyyyyy...

I am making a timeline all about the cars in this case, which I will post on the timelines thread.

Finally finished the car timeline. Sorry - I have very limited extra time so it took a while. The timeline is here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67828&page=2. I hope a more experienced WSer might see something worthwhile in it.

I am bumping this thread because I think it will be important in light of the fact GA will be testifing to the GJ on Tuesday 10/14/

George I believe told a lie about the gas cans. George did not suspect that Casey had taken the gas cans. I don't know if he really did want the chucks out of the trunk. These two have did nothing to help in finding Caylee they are covering for Casey.

It struck me as odd that GA remembered some of those details nearly 6 weeks after he last saw Caylee - especially since he didn't know he was ever going to need that info again!

I know he's former LE & all, but still seems odd!

I'm a long-time lurker here. Decided to post. I listened to the interview, and to how George described Caylee on the 16th. No one asked him if KC was carrying Caylee asleep on her shoulder, or if the child was alert and walking, etc. He seems to describe her from the back/side: backpack, ponytail, glasses. I wonder if he remembers what she was wearing because there was something odd or suspicious to him about the way she appeared that day. (I don't know if KC could walk a dead child out the door, but it seems she has no fear of anything.)

George I believe you will tell the truth. Please just tell the truth and the weight of the world will lift from you. Just do it for Caylee, Casey doesn't give a damn about you, and Cindy will only blame LE for the indictment anyway.

George I believe told a lie about the gas cans. George did not suspect that Casey had taken the gas cans. I don't know if he really did want the chucks out of the trunk. These two have did nothing to help in finding Caylee they are covering for Casey.

He came up with a ruse about the wedge to get into Casey's trunk to see if the cans were in there. But he lied, anyway. How does one get "almost to the rear passenger tail light" and not see the inside of the opened trunk? The average person would say "I was getting close to the rear passenger side...." If you are near the tail light then you're looking at the trunk. If the trunk is open, and you are near it, you'll be able to smell, too.

Something a lot fishier than decomp in this one.

As many of you know, I subscribe to the accidental drowning followed by cold-hearted cover-up theory. Right now I think that is the most plausible scenario based on the available evidence.

However, I have an open mind and am willing to revisit my theories on a regular basis. :rolleyes:

I was rereading the transcript of GA's Aug. 4 interview. On page 11 of the transcript (evidence page 2015) he says that KC told him on June 16 when he last saw Caylee that she (KC) would be working late and planned on staying late with Caylee at the Nanny's. She also told GA she had discussed this with her mother. GA said this was not completely out of the ordinary because she'd done the same thing a few different times.

We know from cell records that she was in touch with AL throughout the morning and was likely planning on getting together that evening. It is unclear whether that plan included Caylee, and it very may well have. It is not mentioned in the interview transcript with AL, and we do know from that transcript that there was something discussed that LE wanted to keep off the tape, but we have no clue what that something is. It may have been that she planned to bring Caylee over and then showed up without her, giving AL some excuse. June 16 events are pretty vague in the AL-related documentation, IMO.

If KC did make plans to spend the night but did not plan to bring Caylee, and she told her father that neither she nor Caylee would be home that night, then that could be a possible sign toward premeditation, because KC would have had some plan for Caylee. :eek:

This is not a terribly solid argument because KC had a penchant for changing plans at the last moment regardless of what she had already told people. She may have been planning to spend the evening at Lee's for all we know.

Nevertheless I find GA's comment (also repeated later in the interview) very interesting, so I thought I'd toss it out there for discussion.

As many of you know, I subscribe to the accidental drowning followed by cold-hearted cover-up theory. Right now I think that is the most plausible scenario based on the available evidence.

However, I have an open mind and am willing to revisit my theories on a regular basis. :rolleyes:

I was rereading the transcript of GA's Aug. 4 interview. On page 11 of the transcript (evidence page 2015) he says that KC told him on June 16 when he last saw Caylee that she (KC) would be working late and planned on staying late with Caylee at the Nanny's. She also told GA she had discussed this with her mother. GA said this was not completely out of the ordinary because she'd done the same thing a few different times.

We know from cell records that she was in touch with AL throughout the morning and was likely planning on getting together that evening. It is unclear whether that plan included Caylee, and it very may well have. It is not mentioned in the interview transcript with AL, and we do know from that transcript that there was something discussed that LE wanted to keep off the tape, but we have no clue what that something is. It may have been that she planned to bring Caylee over and then showed up without her, giving AL some excuse. June 16 events are pretty vague in the AL-related documentation, IMO.

If KC did make plans to spend the night but did not plan to bring Caylee, and she told her father that neither she nor Caylee would be home that night, then that could be a possible sign toward premeditation, because KC would have had some plan for Caylee. :eek:

This is not a terribly solid argument because KC had a penchant for changing plans at the last moment regardless of what she had already told people. She may have been planning to spend the evening at Lee's for all we know.

Nevertheless I find GA's comment (also repeated later in the interview) very interesting, so I thought I'd toss it out there for discussion.

I'm not sure we can rely on GA's account of the events of the 16th. It seems to be a little too much like a scene from 'the Waltons' and IMO he appears to be trying to paint a picture of domestic harmony and normality which (if the accounts of the blow-up the day before are correct) just doesn't ring true.

Even if he did see KC and Caylee leaving, I personally doubt that, several weeks later, he could accurately recall what was said or even what they were wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme