2008.10.16 WFTV reports NEW witness list #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been interested in the Boggy Creek Swamp area for some time now because I came across a YouTube video called Baby Tribute on the southwest corner of the swamp (the people in the video have nothing to do with the Anthony family) but it was the title that grabbed me and it was posted on June 17 2008. This video is on Google Earth at 28.381778, -81.342742. Perhaps it is a landmark or ‘point of reference’. The Sawgrass Plantation development is directly to the west of it. Also, all the streets named after various States are right in that area and KC did say that Caylee may be in one of the states. Her use of "The Usual Suspects" methods plays right into this area. I wonder if KC was a user of Google Earth because if she was trying to describe this area or the baby tribute video to Lee in her cryptic conversation at the jail, then it would be on the lower left side from her perspective. I sure hope this makes sense to you veteran sleuthers as I'm new to forums.

do you have a link to this page? tia.

Need same info for man & woman sighting:

1) date range
2) time of day
3) area (street description e.g. boggy creek road exit such & such)

The link to the WFTV interview no longer works, but when it came out a person on another blog pinpointed the location using Google Earth with street view. There was a large dead tree in the video, and using street view he was able to find that same tree, and also locate the path the gentleman identified as where he saw Casey.

So although I do not have access to working video, I do have the coordinates for the dead tree and path:

Dead Tree: 28.393486 -81.324470
Path: 28.393615 -81.324740

The gentleman said he saw her in late June, but given four months had elapsed it is possible a June 19 sighting could be remembered as late June.

The guy with the strawhat and red glasses was thought to be unreliable by LE from what I've read, wasn't he? His employer said he was "strange".

Kovach, P – Witness who believes he saw Casey Anthony in wooded area. Sometime at end of June, he and friend Jimmy were driving slowly, looking for scrap metal when they came across the car on Boggy Creek. Saw woman in straw hat and red sunglasses coming from wooded area. Well-dressed man on cell phone pretending to fish, seemed to be acting as lookout. Car was white Pontiac Sunfire with black bra. Woman put shovel and bag back into trunk … almost hit her head.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0810/17/ng.01.html

Video of the area of interest: Taken Oct 18, 2008

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/murtwitnessone-live

I'd like to do a close analysis of the cell pings vs. the two stated witnesses seeing Casey vs. the 6/27 end of Pontiac-use date. I need some help from someone very familiar w/ the information given by these two witnesses. Can someone summarize what the two witnesses stated they saw in terms of:

Need same info for man & woman sighting:

1) date range
2) time of day
3) area (street description e.g. boggy creek road exit such & such)

IIRC, the man is related to the boggy creek sighting and the woman sighting may be a different area.

Please be as brief, but, detailed as possible. TIA!!

This is the link for the video from the news channel.
http://www.wftv.com/video/17736185/index.html

It also mentions the women who saw Casey in the baseball cap. I just watched it again. This is a edited version of the orginial. I had written down the directions that were given when it first was aired.
The new version only says South of Tradeport Drive 5 miles from the Anthony home. The orginial tape mentioned the location as being near Wetherbee Road past Richard E. Johnson Blvd. If you combine the directions from both versions, the first one that was aired and the now shorter second version this is the location that I come up with.

From the satalite map on the regualar google map I can not see the tree in proper profile to now if I am correct but if you enter these directions on the google map

1. Head south on Tradeport Dr S toward 7th St/Centerport St
2. Turn left at Boggy Creek Rd/SR-527A
3. Turn left at J Lawson Blvd
4. Turn left at Boggy Creek Rd/SR-527A

and then zoom all the way in starting at #2 and follow the Boogoy Creek Road along until you pass Richard E. Johnson Blvd , cross the RR tracks, pass Wetherbee Rd, and continue along Boggy Creek as the RR tracks come close to the road you will go over a creek [on the map it has the number 12247. I believe that this may be the bridge the man is referring to that the 'well dressed' guy is fishing from.
If you continue following Boggy Creek you come to the group of roads that all merge with underpasses; Boggy Creek, S. Acres Rd., the rest of Wetherbee Rd and they are all very close to Orlando International Airport and Rt 417. This, if I am not mistaken, is the place that Cindy and Casey pulled the car switch-a-roo with the bail bondmans guy the day she was put back in jail.

From the A's home it is 15.7 miles if you follow the directions on google map. About 21 minuets in travel time.
This is my best guess. based on limited info.

Kovach, P – Witness who believes he saw Casey Anthony in wooded area. Sometime at end of June, he and friend Jimmy were driving slowly, looking for scrap metal when they came across the car on Boggy Creek. Saw woman in straw hat and red sunglasses coming from wooded area. Well-dressed man on cell phone pretending to fish, seemed to be acting as lookout. Car was white Pontiac Sunfire with black bra. Woman put shovel and bag back into trunk … almost hit her head.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0810/17/ng.01.html

Video of the area of interest: Taken Oct 18, 2008

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/murtwitnessone-live

Anything ever come from "Jimmy" to corroborate Kovach's account?

This is the link for the video from the news channel.
http://www.wftv.com/video/17736185/index.html

It also mentions the women who saw Casey in the baseball cap. I just watched it again. This is a edited version of the orginial. I had written down the directions that were given when it first was aired.
The new version only says South of Tradeport Drive 5 miles from the Anthony home. The orginial tape mentioned the location as being near Wetherbee Road past Richard E. Johnson Blvd. If you combine the directions from both versions, the first one that was aired and the now shorter second version this is the location that I come up with.

From the satalite map on the regualar google map I can not see the tree in proper profile to now if I am correct but if you enter these directions on the google map

1. Head south on Tradeport Dr S toward 7th St/Centerport St
2. Turn left at Boggy Creek Rd/SR-527A
3. Turn left at J Lawson Blvd
4. Turn left at Boggy Creek Rd/SR-527A

and then zoom all the way in starting at #2 and follow the Boogoy Creek Road along until you pass Richard E. Johnson Blvd , cross the RR tracks, pass Wetherbee Rd, and continue along Boggy Creek as the RR tracks come close to the road you will go over a creek [on the map it has the number 12247. I believe that this may be the bridge the man is referring to that the 'well dressed' guy is fishing from.
If you continue following Boggy Creek you come to the group of roads that all merge with underpasses; Boggy Creek, S. Acres Rd., the rest of Wetherbee Rd and they are all very close to Orlando International Airport and Rt 417. This, if I am not mistaken, is the place that Cindy and Casey pulled the car switch-a-roo with the bail bondmans guy the day she was put back in jail.

From the A's home it is 15.7 miles if you follow the directions on google map. About 21 minuets in travel time.
This is my best guess. based on limited info.

Shadow:

1) Thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed post. I was able to follow everything

2) IIRC, the female sighting had something to do with leaving work, suggesting something in the late afternoon. Does this ring true?

3) I didn't pick up any hints on time of day from Mr. K's sighting.

If I look @ afternoons between (6/17 + 2.6 days =) 6/19PM to 6/27 I see approx. 8 different periods >1hr w/o activity that req'd she attend her phone. If there's a way to narrow the time of day that might help.

Of course, the female sighting and the Mr. K's sighting wouldn't have to be on the same day, but, will deal with that as possible.

the guy that saw her with the shovel was a search volunteer on Sat

Awwwwww.... TY for sharing that. Poor guy I have to believe he either saw her or someone who looked a whole lot like her. Bless his heart for getting out there and searching...

Anyone know what happened to that old witness on NG, the one to have supposedly seen her carrying the shovel out of the woods and wearing the sunhat, glasses???? He had said she had someone sort of looking out for her??? I have heard nothing more about this witness on NG and was wondering what is going on with this person. Was he found not to be credible or something?

Thanks All~

Poly
:waitasec:

From what I understand, LE has said that at this point, neither of the people who came forward with sightings of Casey out near the airport are really "credible" for lack of a better word. There is no way to prove what they saw...that's the hitch.

From what I understand, LE has said that at this point, neither of the people who came forward with sightings of Casey out near the airport are really "credible" for lack of a better word. There is no way to prove what they saw...that's the hitch.

I was not aware that they had to prove what they saw, that sucks! Im glad I wasnt a witness that would drive me bonkers to know I was not taken seriously!!! I heard before the guy say something about how he was going to go back and search himself, but havent heard anything more about him. The only reason Im 'slightly' doubting his story, is because if casey borrowed that shovel, It would have not gotten back to the owner in that short amount of time, and the other side is, if she already had the shovel with her, why borrow it from the neighbors??? So that is the only reason Im not so sure about the witness either.

:beagle-flip:
GOTTA LOVE THE BEAGLE....

The reporter stated recently on NG that the witness that saw her with a hat and shovel was deemed not credible by LE. There was no reason given why they do not think he is credible. Perhaps she doesn't own any hat like that? Perhaps there are no pings in the area? I don't know but thats what the reporter said.

... and I believe his employer kind of raised doubts about his credibility too.

Anyway.. if Casey was looking for shovels on the internet in the springtime, she might have been looking for ideas to confuse searchers ---if this was a planned deal. It could have been her in my mind, but the significance would be to BE seen and create confusion/deception.

Awwwwww.... TY for sharing that. Poor guy I have to believe he either saw her or someone who looked a whole lot like her. Bless his heart for getting out there and searching...

I talked to the guy he was with, briefly, while they were dividing the large group into smaller groups (the hat and shovel witness guy and his friend (or co-worker maybe?) ended up on another team, so I only had a brief convo, but it went like this :

Me: (after hearing Hat/Shovel guy talking (with his raspy voice)), "Oh, is that the guy that saw Casey with the shovel leaving the woods?"
Shovel guy's friend: "Yeah, you have a good memory!"
Me: "Did he ever get to search that area himself?"
SHovel guys' friend: (I forgot his exact wording, but something along the lines of): "No, they have forbidden him from searching there"
Me: "Who, law enforcement?"
Shovel Guy's friend: "Yeah"

I forget if they said they'd arrest him, or exactly what the threat was to the shovel guy if he went there, but apparently LE told him he is not allowed to search that area himself. I don't know why.

After that we split up so I didn't get to ask anymore questions.

Oh that's a HUGE surprize!!!:rolleyes:

... and I believe his employer kind of raised doubts about his credibility too.
Not to my knowledge! This tip was only stated to be not "credible" by reporters and wasn't mentioned by LE that I am aware of! (We know they did take the other tip seriously, but we don't know what they did on this one.) NG pointed out that there were TWO people in the vehicle which would validate this tip and it was not established that it wasn't "credible" on her show either.

Oh that's a HUGE surprize!!!:rolleyes:
Sorry, but we don't know for certain what LE has taken into consideration here. We do know they were actively searching in the area where both tips were made...so for people to say they weren't taken seriously or were not credible is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill