2008.11.06 Nancy Grace

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO as I've stated previously, MN started the battle royale. NG was asking if the A's were paid for pictures, interviews etc. I really liked MN's answer which was "you've made more money on this case than they have". So if they didn't make ANY money then that is one heck of an answer IMO. He of course caught himself and follows it with, "they have not made a penny". This case is full of people worrying about who made more money..it's so sad IMO.

I am impressed with all the husbands that are aware of what is going on with NG's show. There is something about her, it is like husband repellant in my house. A millisecond of her voice and he flees the room (I keep an episode or two on Tivo just in case I need it ;))

If I need alone time I mention watching NG and Hubby won't come anywhere near me. On some days he thinks she is on much to often.

I am impressed with all the husbands that are aware of what is going on with NG's show. There is something about her, it is like husband repellant in my house. A millisecond of her voice and he flees the room (I keep an episode or two on Tivo just in case I need it ;))

Oh Yes, Mr. Fandy runs to the other room to watch FoxNews. i have a whole hour.

My hubby hates her so much I have to record the show and wake up before him in the morning to watch her! I am a recovering tabloid junkie so watching NG gives me my fix for over-the-top sensationalism...at least she stays on top of the stories other shows move on from...for better or worse! I gotta admit, seeing Najame stand up to her was refreshing...sometimes I wonder if her panel ever wants to tear off their mic's and walk away...

So NO ONE who takes meds has taken a polygraph?

And who is spinning what, MN???

NG asked MN if George & Cindy had taken a poly. MN would not reply yes or no, although NG urged him to. NG stopped asking for a yes or no, and told him to go ahead.

MN said they had consulted an expert poly examiner, who told them George & Cindy were not candidates for polys because Cindy takes medications. He leaned forward, lowered his voice, and said this in hushed and reverent tones.

Some of us see NG as what she truly is. I thought Nejame handled Ng well. He in so many words told her to shut up, then went on to tell her that she is what she is, tabloid TV.
I completely agree. Her show is tabloid TV and I think all of Nejame's criticisms of her was fair.

Btw~ I LOVED NG going after MN!! It was the highlight of my evening. He kept spouting off about 18 months and the dress. Well...hate to tell him this...but when Caylee went missing, she was a few weeks shy of 3 years old NOT 18 months! You can purchase the same EXACT dress in other sizes and the dress held up in the interview by Cindy may be the one she wore when little...but can they prove she never owned another one in a larger size?! NG should have picked up on that and driven the point home. (Altho...she did verify that her staffer's child wore one that was a 6 at the earlier age.)

There is always the possibility they could have purchased the same exact dress in another size, but there is no proof that they did and no reason to believe that they did. There was NO REASON to believe that dress was Caylee's. There are probably tens of thousands of little girls in that area with that same exact dress. Nancy clearly jumped the gun on that dress. You're over looking the fact that Tim Miller doubted the dress had anything to do with Caylee and did not want the dress to be made public. Nancy had no respect for his wishes and went on to question him as if he was a hostile witness to get the info she wanted out of him. She was wrong. Period.

Probably so, but a lifetime ofi lying has jaded their intellect and decision making skills not to mention their good judgement. It's sad.

It sounds to me more like misguided love...He believed CA would not survive that diagnosis so he just couldn't bring himself to do it

I feel I have to reply in Nejame's defense. I know alot of people hate him because he represents the delusional parents (at least CA) of an apparent murderer. However, I think he views the Anthonys as people whose whole lives have just been destroyed by their monster of a daughter. I don't think he is very happy with the things CA says and I think he does the best he can to control the damage she causes to herself, but I think he likely views her as irrational due to insane grief. He seems to really feel sorry for them. I don't see him at all as supporting casey. He refuses to talk about her and I have gotten the sense that she disgusts him. He goes on NG because the case is a national one now and it may be necessary to represent his clients in a national arena at times.
He trying to do his job and trying to be a spokesperson for his clients.

Also, from what I have read/heard, Nejame is actually a very compassionate and ethical attorney who very often takes cases of people who are innocent or have screwed up, like with a DUI, for FREE, when they do not have the money to pay him. In fact, I think someone on this board actually wrote about her personal experience with Nejame representing her family member free of charge when he heard the person's story and that they had no money.

I understand the passion in this case because I'm right there with horror at the evil of casey and the lies and cover-ups on the part of Cindy, but it makes me feel bad to read all the personal insults towards Nejame, especially about his appearance. I think there are people revolving around this case who make wild, speculative statements as if they are fact, with no justification for such statements, merely to gain publicity or a buck. And they are benefitting from the death of a child. I do not think Nejame is one of them. I also admire NG's history of advocacy but her conduct is often way overboard IMO and I do not respect the way she treats most of her guests. Some seem to deserve it but many seem just to be on the receiving end of a person with a temper. For example, in the beginning of the show, the young reporter kid answered a question of hers very succinctly and she just snapped at him, "That is NOT what I asked." I would never go on that show and allow myself to be insulted as are many who don't instantly agree with NG or answer the way she wants them to, even those on the same side. It is not helpful, to me. I also do agree that NG gets a boost from this story via her ratings. While she does have a fantastic history of advocating for victims, she does not always appear to have perfectly clean hands when it comes to exploitation. here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am0uJkRSMNw

From what I understand, NG knew there was a gag on the case featured in the video and also was told in advance that ES did not want to talk about her experience in any way. But NG kept pushing. I think Nejame is making a mistake by being on NG's show at this point.

All of the above is my opinion based on what I have observed.

Good post! I agree. If I was in trouble I would want him on my side

2-3 yr olds don't wear size 6. Kindergarten aged children do. That dress is not Caylee's. To assume so is ridiculous.

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."

There IS room for reasonable doubt when discussing whether or not Caylee could have worn a size 6 dress.

Naturally NeJame would like to talk about how a member of the media "might" have wrongly speculated instead of his client's unsympathetic defense of Casey. Or the document dumps.

When you want to deflect from a message, attack the messenger.

IMO

And they have all been substantiated to some extent so we do know they were accurate. Too many people denied them early on I recall as not being "credible" yada yada yada. It isn't illegal for either side to have leaks unless there is a gag order in place...which there is none. LE could have held pressers and done graphs on every piece of evidence they had if they so wanted to tip their hand even more to the defense. I think they allowed the so-called leaks to help the A fam and the world directly around them understand that Caylee was indeed dead and in the back of the trunk.

How many people can sit here today and say that Caylee is still alive when even her defense team makes it so obviously clear she is deceased? This "leak" from them is specific. MN is also specific about Caylee being deceased. T. Black said it, too. Casey, Cindy, and JB are now the only ones who say they believe she is alive. George's own words say he knows the truth no matter what he is saying publically.

I agree with this POV 100%. In fact, in the interview with George that we read yesterday, Yuri M. warned him that there would be interviews done re: the evidence found, especially if Cindy didn't stop interfering in the investigation.

People who don't answer specific 'Yes/No' questions are in pure defense mode. Nancy asked that troll a 'yes/no' question.....just answer it. If she wishes to ask a 'follow-up' question..so be it. If all men had a wife like her, there'd be no divorce! She is a keeper!!!

I respectfully disagree. Many times an attorney will ask a yes/no question that includes certain factual elements to it so that IF the respondant does answer yes or no, the attorney also gets confirmation of the facts therein (or can twist them at that point :D )

Example: If I ask you "Is the sky still as blue as it was this morning?",
and you respond along the lines of "No, it's not . . ." or "Yes, it is," then you're not only (1) telling me what color the sky is now, but (2) inferentially, you're also indicating to me what color the sky was earlier: blue.

The good "listener" knows to wait and think, and if the facts presented in the question/setting up the question being asked aren't even true to begin with, you have to first correct that misstatement and THEN move on to trying to get to the bottom of what was being asked.

Example: In the above scenario, if the sky was black as night all day long, the good "listener" would presumably respond by saying "The sky was never blue this morning and, in fact, it's still black as night."

See? So you can bet Nejame is a good enough attorney that he won't willingly forget to counsel his clients not to fall into that trap. ;) (Then again, I couldn't have imagined him losing his cool and yelling like he did last night, but hey, he did...???)

I found it very telling that Casey was more focused on the "police are not going to break me" than, oh say, I know my daughter is alive and I am going to bring her home. Never saw that claim reported anywhere. Just that she wouldn't be broken.

Darn it! I was going to post 2 weeks ago that she would be the type to say; I won't break--then I thought of the Nirvana song with that kind of lyric in it and I was going to post, but I didn't.

I personally find Nancy entertaining. I do realize that this is her *show*, an act.
Often times people have one persona in their professional life and another in their private life. Yes, it's tabloid tv (with a twist) but I would think most viewers would just take it at face value. I don't think Nancy is going for an Emmy.

I think it's been discussed a few times that she was 18 months old when she wore the dress...
It has been and it is making me nutty that people seem to just fly by that fact. Nejame, whether you like him or hate him, never said Caylee was 18 months old when she disappeared. I'm sure he knows how old she was. He was referring to the age of the child in the photo showing her wearing the Mickey Mouse dress, which was when she was about 18 months old. he was trying to say that NG has insinuated certain things, the dress issue was one (the only he was able to talk about), merely in order to be sensationlistic and/or for ratings. I will say that even TM seemed appalled that NG was bringing up the dress before investigators had a chance to investigate it and he seemed to know that it was not connected to Caylee.

I personally find Nancy entertaining. I do realize that this is her *show*, an act.
Often times people have one persona in their professional life and another in their private life. Yes, it's tabloid tv (with a twist) but I would think most viewers would just take it at face value. I don't think Nancy is going for an Emmy.

As I've said on here before, it's her Style, and it's pretty powerful. Go, Nancy Grace!

I don't know if this is directed at me, but I like the show and I watch for the information. Not everything is black and white. It's possible to both like the show and still think that Nancy is brash and rude, you know? I do wish she'd let the guests answer the questions that she asks.

No Chilly, it was not directed at you, honest.:) I really am curious.

**sorry I was slow on the answer, I have the flu and feel like poop.**

I am not thrilled to have to lock a NG thread because of all the playing around in here tonight (11/7) before NG's show started up. This is the first time a NG thread was ever locked, and hopefully this will not happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member