2008.11.13 - 11.14 LP J Blanchard Park Search #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think he should be really careful before doing something like this. If he finds her that would be great on multiple levels, and he would be glad he did it. If he comes up empty the editing job on that film footage could be horrible. It could be laid against the "profit from tragedy" point of view, and with the things he tends to say they could really make him look like a bafoon. If they invest $200,000 in this they are going to use that footage one way or another.

If all of the money were spent on the search, there would be no problem with profiting from tragedy. But if any of the money ends up in LP's pockets, then that is a very, very legitamate concern.

And of course, any film of failed searches could be used by the defense. (Imagine this: extensive searches have failed to turn up a body, and we keep getting reports of sightings of a living Caylee.)

Will you feel the same way if the "company" turns out to be an entertainment company, like Entertainment Tonight? Or a rag like you see pictures of aliens meeting with the president? If it turns out to be the reality show series Leonard has been shopping for for a LONG time now? And he doesn't want to do the reality show out of the goodness of his heart, either, and it's just possible that his actions in the Caylee Anthony disappearance factor into that.

I do not know how much money the Anthony's have collected, but even if you think they are misusing the funds----they have printed up a huge billboard, t-shirts and missing posters, among other expenses----two wrongs would not make a right.

TEQ takes donations without strings attached. No donator is ever given special priviledges. Tim does not personally profit from the donations. That's PROFESSIONAL. Leonard is considering taking money and granting favors.....why aren't those who are upset that Tim asks for donations not upset about this?

I imagine next we'll see a poll on "Leonard wants us to vote and see if we want him to accept this money!!!"

I don't really care who the company is. If they are willing to give him money that is spent to help in the search for caylee, isn't that what really matters? And no, two wrongs don't make a right, but I don't think LP is doing anything wrong. The Anthony's have been given a lot of money--some of which was spend on billboards, etc. I'll try to find the records, but I'm willing to bet that the money they've spent on t-shirts, bracelets, etc. is far less than what's been given to them.
And Cindy also received 200,000 for pictures of caylee. All I know is that there is no way they have spent all the money they've received looking for caylee. A billboard is far different than searching or getting on flights to chase down those "tips".

I'm just saying I don't think the A's want caylee to be found dead, because that would be the end of casey, who they are trying to protect. LP on the other hand does want to find her and if the money will help him do so, I'm all for that.

This is just my opinion....i know other ppl feel the same as you though so I'm not trying to argue.:)

And I'm not upset Tim Miller gets donations. I'm upset that he got all those donations, and then left after two days(even if TES ppl are still in orlando). LP has been funding his searches out of his own pocket and he's practically been here the whole time, still searching. I'm not bashing Tim, but I don't see the need to bash LP when he truly wants to find this little girl, like the rest of us.

Will you feel the same way if the "company" turns out to be an entertainment company, like Entertainment Tonight? Or a rag like you see pictures of aliens meeting with the president? If it turns out to be the reality show series Leonard has been shopping for for a LONG time now? And he doesn't want to do the reality show out of the goodness of his heart, either, and it's just possible that his actions in the Caylee Anthony disappearance factor into that.

I do not know how much money the Anthony's have collected, but even if you think they are misusing the funds----they have printed up a huge billboard, t-shirts and missing posters, among other expenses----two wrongs would not make a right.

TEQ takes donations without strings attached. No donator is ever given special priviledges. Tim does not personally profit from the donations. That's PROFESSIONAL. Leonard is considering taking money and granting favors.....why aren't those who are upset that Tim asks for donations not upset about this?

I imagine next we'll see a poll on "Leonard wants us to vote and see if we want him to accept this money!!!"

:clap::clap::clap: ITA.

I am speaking narrowly, addressing one topic. You are speaking broadly, addressing many.

My comments were strictly addressed to "SEARCH & RECOVERY" attempts. I was not discussing the useage or barring of media from arrests, etc. Search and Recovery....what Leonard says he was doing. But really, even IF we were to discuss media being present at the arrest, the definitive difference is that LE would not have called media to be there.

:rolleyes: As I've said before, the hypocrisy lies in the fact that OSCO complained about LP using the very same media OSCO has utilized to its advantage (e.g., when arresting Casey instead of allowing herself to turn herself in, etc.)

If you can't see the parallels there, and you insist on concluding that there's no hypocrisy in OSCO (1) arresting Casey publically each and every time in front of many, many news crews outside her parents' home, but then (2) complaining that LP allowed the media to watch his dives last week, I can't help you.

And I'm not upset Tim Miller gets donations. I'm upset that he got all those donations, and then left after two days(even if TES ppl are still in orlando). LP has been funding his searches out of his own pocket and he's practically been here the whole time, still searching. I'm not bashing Tim, but I don't see the need to bash LP when he truly wants to find this little girl, like the rest of us.

Tim left after two days, saying the areas had been completely searched. He had throughly searched the river LP had the Blackwater divers search. He has said that members are continuing the search---whether he is there or not.

I'm not seeing this as he took all the donations and split town......as long as he has an active presence left behind, then all is good.

:rolleyes: As I've said before, the hypocrisy lies in the fact that OSCO complained about LP using the very same media OSCO has utilized to its advantage (e.g., when arresting Casey instead of allowing herself to turn herself in, etc.)

If you can't see the parallels there, and you insist on concluding that there's no hypocrisy in OSCO (1) arresting Casey publically each and every time in front of many, many news crews outside her parents' home, but then (2) complaining that LP allowed the media to watch his dives last week, I can't help you.

I see where you are coming from, and this time I can pinpoint your error. LE did not say they were upset with LP for "using the media." They said they were upset that media was contacted BEFORE them. The hypocrisy or lack thereof must be based on having media present for the search, not "using" media at any time. That's specific to the situation.

You haven't helped me yet, so don't be too disappointed if you don't this time either! :blowkiss: (This is a lighthearted attempt to show Chezhire how stubborn I am!)

I see where you are coming from, and this time I can pinpoint your error. LE did not say they were upset with LP for "using the media." They said they were upset that media was contacted BEFORE them. The hypocrisy or lack thereof must be based on having media present for the search, not "using" media at any time. That's specific to the situation.

You haven't helped me yet, so don't be too disappointed if you don't this time either! :blowkiss:

Nope, KGeaux, I haven't made any error. Here's my original post, #413:

ITA - I've been posting on another thread about wishing OSCO had simply said "no comment" today instead of bashing LP for "letting the media know first." Would've beena little less hypocritacal, since LE aired those comments to none other than the same media LP "involved..."
(Emphasis added this post.)
...to which you responded in your post #436
;) and I'm not going to :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead I've made my point.

Tim left after two days, saying the areas had been completely searched. He had throughly searched the river LP had the Blackwater divers search. He has said that members are continuing the search---whether he is there or not.

I'm not seeing this as he took all the donations and split town......as long as he has an active presence left behind, then all is good.

The side sweep sonar obviously doesn't pick up objects in the river bottom silt. Otherwise, why didn't they see and investigate the garbage bag Black Water divers found? or any of the god only knows how much other stuff down there? Hubby is from Erie and is familar with the Black Water divers- very well known and reputable expert search & rescue divers...They specialize in just this type of search- would you want to feel around in muck, knowing you could end up with a handful of cadaver or bones, while dodging alligators, snakes, and hidden water hazards?

I don't understand the problem people have with LP or anyone else continuing to search for poor Caylee's remains. If they have the time, energy, financial means and heart to go on- I say let them and more power to them! If I was in the area, I'd be out looking around in all the potential areas that the great posters here have come up with!

Let's remember- It's about Caylee - I just want someone to find her and bring her home.....

Can we please stop the bickering on this thread? I think we all need to be reminded of Tricia's negative talk sticky. We work together, not apart. It is not about who knows more. Everyone has a right to their thoughts.

Nope, KGeaux, I haven't made any error. Here's my original post, #413:
...to which you responded in your post #436

;)

Guess what? You are going to be so shocked. (Not!) I'm not changing my mind! I STILL think we are talking about two different scenarios!

If OCSO put a person at the search site, it would alleviate future problems, imo.

I totally agree with you. However, I can't OCSO at the scene of the taping of a show.......and I don't know if they even have enough spare manpower to watch searches they are convinced are fruitless to begin with.

Let's remember- It's about Caylee - I just want someone to find her and bring her home.....

You are so right. It is all about that little girl, isn't it?

I don't consider any search for Caylee a "taping of a show" even if they tape or show it live. It is a search for Caylee. Period. OCSO can afford to send one person even if it is for traffic control to show a presence there and have someone onhand to report back any finds.

smiley3.gif

Just wanted to bring it to your attention .... there was a pretty stiff warning from Trish this morning regarding negative posting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back