2008.7.30 - LA & Ex-BF Tony L. wired discussion (Documents 2009.04.06)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't read thru the whole thread, so maybe this has been brought up already.

Could Lee be charged with perjury for making the statement in the civil case

"To this day I believe everything my sister has told me"

Since he talks about knowing she lies during this conversation? Any legal eagles want to comment?

I often wonder what things the A's may have discovered that we'll never hear about. What if a roll of that duct tape used to be in the shed o' compulsive neatness but now has vanished? Am I the only one who isn't confident they'd tell?

Just think about the hairbrush, the washed pants and knife, the failure to tell about the new JBP story, the withholding of the JCPenney records, the failure to tell about the missing blanket, the outright denial of decomp odor... I think we know the answer to your question. :mad:

I haven't read thru the whole thread, so maybe this has been brought up already.

Since he talks about knowing she lies during this conversation? Any legal eagles want to comment?

I think the only way this could work is if he was under oath when talking to TL. Otherwise, all he has to say is that he was telling the truth in depo, and not to Tony. It would be impossible to prove what he "believes" for the sake of proving he was lying. Therefore you would need to get him to say a conflicting statement under oath in order to support a perjury charge here. of course, this is MOO.

Sorry, I'm not the legal eagle you were looking for. However, I really liked your post.
The entire A family is so unbelievable. In one statement, they seem honest, talking about KC's history and lies. In the next, they are her greatest defender. Absolutely no consistancy with these people. I can't, to this day, wrap my brain around WHAT these people think of her. Seems like before her arrest, they thought very little of her. KNEW she lied just for the sake of lying. After her arrest, they see her in a different light? I dunno. No wonder most no longer believe a single word uttered from their mouths. They are now PROVEN liars themselves...

Sorry, I'm not the legal eagle you were looking for. However, I really liked your post.
The entire A family is so unbelievable. In one statement, they seem honest, talking about KC's history and lies. In the next, they are her greatest defender. Absolutely no consistancy with these people. I can't, to this day, wrap my brain around WHAT these people think of her. Seems like before her arrest, they thought very little of her. KNEW she lied just for the sake of lying. After her arrest, they see her in a different light? I dunno. No wonder most no longer believe a single word uttered from their mouths. They are now PROVEN liars themselves...
I have wondered this too....what do they really think of KC? It is clear in this meeting with TL that Lee had hopes that *he* could help "solve the case". A little grandiose on his part..a little naive...but because he wanted to be of some use and to advise his parents to not put any stock in crackpot tips etc I have some empathy for him here. He sounded very reasonable about what he hoped to accomplish (if not "manic" as one poster pointed out). He hoped that he could talk to KC and get her to "open up". I keep thinking about the Unibomber...remember it was the Unibomber's own brother who turned him in! I honestly think Lee has tendencies toward being like the Unibomber's brother because, at least in this discussion with TL, he was willing (THEN) to face the truth. Of course he was hoping Caylee was alive...but one can also tell that he is genuine and forthcoming. He seems like he would have even worked with LE to establish the truth. What happened to change his "forthright" attitude? My guess is that KC or someone has convinced him that it was "an accident"...and I guess family loyalty trumps the truth?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back