2008.7.30 - LA & Ex-BF Tony L. wired discussion (Documents 2009.04.06)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nope-I looked it up...commonalities is ABSOLUTELY not a word.

It is a word:

a. The possession, along with another or others, of a certain attribute or set of attributes: a political movement's commonality of purpose.
b. A shared feature or attribute.
2. See commonalty.

That goes to part 1 for me.

Down below there will be other links. Do you see that? Go ahead and click on Part 1, and some of the others should come up in the other links down below...then click on another of the numbers and it should, in theory, bring up some others...at least, that is how I found it.:waitasec:

It is a word:

a. The possession, along with another or others, of a certain attribute or set of attributes: a political movement's commonality of purpose.
b. A shared feature or attribute.
2. See commonalty.

Hi debs! not to nitpick, but that word is commonalty NOT commonalities...and the plural is commonalties not commonalities...:blowkiss:

If Casey had $15,000. why could she not keep gas in her car again? Duh-obviously that waa another big lie Lee!

'member she also had $15,000 for atty fees----jb feel for it as well.....boy she knows how to strech a buck!!! :bang:

someone tell me.... are TonE and TonyL the same person? I am confused.

My first post after a long summer of lurkerdom...:woohoo: Okay.

I found the TL/LA conversations the most interesting. The suggestion that she may have ripped off a drug dealer would explain her "half-truth" about Zanny "teaching her a lesson", and her being afraid to trust law enforcement - because trusting them could mean busting her friends. It may also explain where she was going every day - getting rid of "product". I found the question, "unless she was working for you" to be interesting. TL did have a job but he wasn't in the position to hire Casey. That makes me think middleman(girl) to a dealer. I'd hardly call distributing flyers work, maybe that's what kids think is work? :waitasec:

The check that Lee talks about, I think it was Amy's - last on the list was one for 90-something at WD and had her name attributed to it...Lee prolly just didn't know that yet.

TL finding out that Casey was cheating on him...you had to feel bad for the guy. What a hoar. Lee had to be crapping his pants to see that the convo was recorded.

Welcome to WS :)

I think it would get challenged like a big-dog even in Scrabble, don't you think?:waitasec:
While the Anthonys are rightfully notorious for developing their own lexicon, commonalities is a legitimate word--I use it a lot when doing things like describing (in writing) the physical traits different species share during embryological development--which show descent from a common ancestor.

Hi debs! not to nitpick, but that word is commonalty NOT commonalities...and the plural is commonalties not commonalities...:blowkiss:
That's just a typo. Google "define commonalities" and you'll get tons of hits. It really is a word--even if used by an Anthony. (I haven't heard the clip with Lee using the word--did he even use it correctly? Something tells me not...they tend to misuse the biggies.)

I'd be checking for bugs in my home, too. Sheesh. It's still not legal to bug someone's home and phone just to get information they're not giving you. They need a search warrant, and I'm pretty sure the warrants they had don't provide for bugging.

When they install listening devices and telephone intercepts, it is ordinarily done covertly and you do not serve the home owner etc with a warrant to install them. Where I come from they don't have to tell you you were bugged for at least a month after the bugs are gone.

I know, it's just odd as the public perception is generally that Cindy is the more selfish one.

I've always thought George was the more selfish one....not much of a work history, gambling with the family's money, get rich quick scams etc. Admits he didn't think there was a nanny, but never bothered to confront Casey on it etc.

In part 3 he is talking about the notice received about the car being towed, and he says that his dad had started his new job on the 14th-this would have been July 14th. I recall that there was some joking between Casey and Lee on MySpace about their dad not working, and I wonder when he had worked PRIOR to starting THAT job-because, on June 16th he was supposedly going to work that afternoon, and he talked about other instances of working in June-so if he started a new job on the 14th of July where was the OLD job and when did it end?

And in his recent interview re the SS Caylee Marie he says he hasn't worked since November, but I note he let his security license expire in October. I don't know what "job" he is referring to working up until November. Which is why I think it's right to say, Casey and George are a lot alike.

And in his recent interview re the SS Caylee Marie he says he hasn't worked since November, but I note he let his security license expire in October. I don't know what "job" he is referring to working up until November. Which is why I think it's right to say, Casey and George are a lot alike.

Yes, ITA. I also think George knew before July 15 that Caylee was deceased because of something Casey did/didn't do/etc.

Yes, the kid was cold busted about his pot smoking and dealer friends and Lee got him to name the dealer. He was a bit nervous, as he should be knowing the dealer is going to be pissed and his parents are going to hear all about his weed smoking, even future employers, etc. will think of him in this taint going forward. It wasn't good for him, but he felt there was a higher calling goal I guess.

True, true, all true. Plus, if he really had no clue about any of this, he's probably dumbfounded, like "how the h*ll did I get myself into this?".

Now for Woe's moral lesson of the day, "Boys and girls, get to know someone before you "enter" into a relationship with them."

This true story should be a college course in itself entitled "the greatest lesson ever learned" by TL.

Ditto that OLG!

Have you all noticed how everyone in this family USES illness as a weapon/theme?

Going back to CA's Greta interview where she kept stating that she was going to collapse on live TV...

CA mentioning to KC that Lee has been sick in her taped jail house visit to KC..with KC countering the she too was feeling sick?

George VERY dramatically placing his index finger on his jaw (camera side) while walking to the GJ?

OH, and the protester yelling at CA and CA almost laying hands on the woman talking about how she was nurse and was worried about the womans blood pressure?

Hmmmm, I just wonder how many years and ways this has been used in this household? Just an observation...it comes up alot :rolleyes:

It's learned behavior.. to evoke attention and sympathy. We stick to what works and apparently this has worked for this family for quite some time.. (Ya'll can call me what ya will for bringing this up- I'm sorry but me and bullsh!t don't play well together) but Cindy's mother uses it too (in her letters to Cindy and with LE). The faking of illnesses is often found in cluster B personality disorders and also rears it's head when the "sufferer" has just been or is about to be caught in a lie and their attempt to rationalize their behaviors or blame others is not going to work. So they play the victim... and some people take it to scary extremes (Munchausen and MBP).

I missed the video where Cindy was discussing with LE that Lee was pretty ill as a child (after they asked her about CASEY's history, not Lee's).. but I'd love to see that one video.

*resp. snipped.

ok let's take a quick head count.
i'm waaaay too familiar w/ this particular brand of fibbing and i only ever hear it from one person .... and he was diagnosed back in '93.

does anyone else here have a familiarity w/ 'lying for the hell of it' syndrome and do you have cause to think the person doing it may be, err, a little lacking in the conscience department?

i dunno - the two just seem to go together.

good to meet you gladys
welcome-1.gif

Ya know, people lie for various reasons but again, those with personality disorders lie for reasons we will never understand because they are stunted in their emotional growth. While as children we lie, most children are taught by their parents that it is unacceptable and are given consequences for their behavior. It's how lessons are learned.. we don't learn how to do laundry by mowing the lawn..

I don't think there is much to wonder about in this case with Casey's lying because we SEE how she came to be. As parents, if we are unstable in our moods and engage in inappropriate, inconsistant and impulsive behaviors... if we are self-centered and angry, if we play the victim, blame everyone but ourselves for our problems in life and deny obvious truths.. if we consistantly allow people to walk all over us or steal from us, if we are nasty and mean to our spouse in front of our children, if we show disregard for the law, for truth and trust.. if we are arrogant, hostile, erratic and exploit others for personal gain.. if we are dramatic and attention seeking and overly concerned with what others think of us.. if we are unable to see and accept our role in a conflict- we will end up with a Casey, or someone pretty close to being her.

IMO it's simple to see what "brand" of fibbing Casey is afflicted with, it's quite obviously home grown . Deceit breeds deceit. A psychiatric illness (any DX) is not the cause of pathalogical lying. Look at the family we are dealing with- she has been taught that her behaviors are acceptable, if only because they act in the same manner.

(ETA- when I say "they" and "them"- I am refering to the entire Anthony clan, not just Cindy.)

Yes, ITA. I also think George knew before July 15 that Caylee was deceased because of something Casey did/didn't do/etc.

I often wonder what things the A's may have discovered that we'll never hear about. What if a roll of that duct tape used to be in the shed o' compulsive neatness but now has vanished? Am I the only one who isn't confident they'd tell?

Wow, that TonyL was cool as a cucumber while meeting with LA. He looks to be a natural at this.

Yes and no, can't make up my mind yet. Did you happen to catch when he said he had a project due but called it a "deal"? Then he corrected himself by saying "not deal but project."

He's a cool dude. Who calls their school projects "deals"? Dealers?

The above took place when TL said he wished he had gotten out of his car at Amscot so he could answer if there was a smell near the Pontiac or not. But he was in a hurry because he had to get back to school . . .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back