UK Victoria Taylor, 34, last seen at home 9am, Malton North Yorks, 30 Sep 24.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why on earth with something like this we need to be as public fed an image captured with probably a mobile phone taking a picture of a image of the victim displayed on an CCTV monitor screen as a pixellated freeze frame in the playback sequence totally escapes me.

It's not like the CCTV system will be VHS and this is not some bootleg illegal capture of an embarassing event (like the F35 jet plunging off the end of the carrier deck was!)
It's not even a Home CCTV - this will be (hopfully) professional commercial grade camera's

It ridicolous!

The Police should be able to provide a proper actual CCTV image digitally captured from the CCTV movie Mpeg4 or whatever movie file. That way the blinking colours might actually be right......

I despair

Why on earth with something like this we need to be as public fed an image captured with probably a mobile phone taking a picture of a image of the victim displayed on an CCTV monitor screen as a pixellated freeze frame in the playback sequence totally escapes me.

It's not like the CCTV system will be VHS and this is not some bootleg illegal capture of an embarassing event (like the F35 jet plunging off the end of the carrier deck was!)
It's not even a Home CCTV - this will be (hopfully) professional commercial grade camera's

It ridicolous!

The Police should be able to provide a proper actual CCTV image digitally captured from the CCTV movie Mpeg4 or whatever movie file. That way the blinking colours might actually be right......

I despair
Yesss! Thank you for saying that.

I can see now that it’s been mentioned already, but the CCTV still does look like she’s talking to someone, probably the checkout assistant. I carry a backpack all the time, and whenever I’m at the till I always pop it on the counter, or on the floor in front of the counter, so that I can put my items inside. I assumed from the off that that’s why she isn’t wearing it.

Reminds me of the Gaynor Lord case. I think her items were in different places, if I'm not mistaken.
Gaynor had a history of mental instability.
Discarding a backpack with drinks you'd bought under CCTV surveillance and your mobile phone is distinctly odd, you don't do this by accident, almost like you were leaving a trace.
We don't know if she retained her purse / wallet with cards and cash.
Even if suicidal entering a flooding river is an odd way to do it, even if its highest probability.
Wild speculation could be that it was a pre-planned disappearance, over the Menethorpe pedestrian suspension bridge to High Hutton and A64 to a planned rendezvous or bus to Leeds ...
But why ?

Discarding a backpack with drinks you'd bought under CCTV surveillance and your mobile phone is distinctly odd, you don't do this by accident, almost like you were leaving a trace.
Even if suicidal entering a flooding river is an odd way to do it, even if its highest probability.
Wild speculation could be that it was a pre-planned disappearance, over the Menethorpe pedestrian suspension bridge to High Hutton and A64 to a planned rendezvous or bus to Leeds ...
But why ?
I can imagine someone dropping something (or spotting something they want to get) at the edge of the river bank, putting down their bag and cap momentarily, leaning to retrieve item and losing balance and going in the water. It wouldn’t have to be something sinister or mysterious that caused her to put her backpack down.

As I clock off this evening with all the stuff going on in the middle east you wonder why all the energy on a single case.
I think the police have already decided that Victoria is in the river, and the river will eventually give her body up, as anything else after a week has to be a planned disappearance.
And how could a mam of a 2-3 year old do that unless seriously disturbed ?
My guess if she entered the river would be from the 100+ year old Menethorpe pedestrian suspension bridge (which she probably knew from childhood) rather than the sodden flooded reeds, heather and bracken which would have made up much of the riverbank.
But I still do hope ...

But why ?
I was wondering if she'd reached a point where she needed to pee and took off the backpack and tried to slip into the bushes by the river but slipped into the water. The hat could have been taken off as it might have caught on the bushes, or could have been pushed off by the bushes and blown a few metres away.

Hopefully this isnt against the rules as it was an overheard rumour and I'm very aware that everyone has their little stories to share in this social media world.

I was at a kids party yesterday and overheard conversation from someone that lives in Malton that her shoes were also found? I haven't found anything to back this up?

If so, were these found scattered or placed together?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back