2009.01.21 Document Release

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry if this has been asked and covered. I haven't been able to read all of the docs released yet....but I didn't see any mention of the "book" found at the scene. Have I just missed it?

TIA

Sorry if this has been asked and covered. I haven't been able to read all of the docs released yet....but I didn't see any mention of the "book" found at the scene. Have I just missed it?

TIA

No "book" was mentioned..That's ONE thing I'm sure about! :clap: lol

No "book" was mentioned..That's ONE thing I'm sure about! :clap: lol

Thanks, Amysmom. Then are we all crazy? We saw the picture that showed the book, right? So does this mean there were things found at the scene that are not released with these report?

I'm confused as usual.

I found the photo of her in the pink hat turned sideways to be interesting and have spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to find a pink hat with the VIP wording on it online. No luck, not even in closed ebay auctions.

But I did notice this:

Black and white version with the heart uploaded by Casey July 10, 2008, 4:08 PM.

I, too, looked till 6 am...I can faintly SEE the hat in my head...I swear, I really think I saw it somewhere, on the net, in the last 6 months...I remembered because I thought of Casey, how she would want to be VIP...IIRC, the VIP lettering (very important princess), somehow coincided with the peaks on the crown, on the hat...either, the VIP letters were above the crown peaks, or the words, Very Important Princess, were....ugh!

For the little THAT'S worth...:crazy:

Thanks, Amysmom. Then are we all crazy? We saw the picture that showed the book, right? So does this mean there were things found at the scene that are not released with these report?

I'm confused as usual.

Many did see what looks just like the BOOK (I'm one) so either it really wasn't, they didn't want to release that info, or it's in the missing pages that are not included simply due to a mixup..I guess we just pick the one that makes the most sense to us.. How crazy is that!

They are cross referenced not changed. The FBI receives evidence from LE all over the country. They will be receiving items catalogued out of multiple systems. The FBI sorts all of their data using their system and cross-references it to the number it came in with. It goes in a complete traceable circle.
For example:

Comb is K-4 for one facility (collector) and Q-16 at the other (testing). They reference each other to say it is the same piece of evidence. The testing facility does not use K-4 to label some other piece of evidence (leaves for example).

K1 is the parentage report.
K1 consists of K6 and K7, the buccal swabs which provided Casey's DNA.
Those are the numbers they came in with, and K1 is cross referenced in another system at NE2. That does not change the definition of what K1 meant and continues to mean.

If there were two parents known than K1 would consist of Casey's DNA (K6 and K7) plus Dads DNA (doesn'texist1 and doesn'texist2). And would still be NE2 in the other facilities system.

(not sure why this keeps splitting your quote into two parts:confused:? I keep deleting the additional quote tags and they keep popping back in.)

I agree with your assessment that they are cross-referenced, not changed. I agree that they make a complete traceable circle. I only do not agree with your statement that “K1 consists of K6 and K7, the buccal swabs which provided Casey’s DNA”. The parentage report is not the two swabs from KC; it is a separately labeled item which is sent, received, and inventoried by LE/FBI.

Page numbers from here

On page 6 and 7 they reference nine DNA related items being sent to the FBI:
“One sealed yellow envelope containing DNA Parentage Test Report. K-1”
“One sealed envelope containing four toothbrushes (belonging to victim). K-2”
“One sealed envelope containing one brush (belonging to victim). K-3”
“One sealed envelope containing one comb (belonging to victim). K-4”
“One sealed envelope containing one thermometer (belonging to victim). K-5”
“One sealed yellow envelope containing two buccal swabs from left cheek (belonging to suspect). K-6”
“One sealed yellow envelope containing two buccal swabs from right cheek (belonging to suspect). K-7”
“One sealed yellow envelope containing pulled hair (belonging to suspect). K-8”
“One sealed yellow envelope containing two buccal swabs from left cheek (belonging to suspect). K-9” (I think this is a typo)

Item K-1 is listed at the end of the list of items obtained “from a vehicle related to a missing child”. I doubt this parentage report came from there , but whatever.
Items K-2, K-3, K-4, and K-5 are listed under the heading: “SAMPLES OBTAINED FROM CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY (VICTIM)”. I think K-1 should have been under this heading as well.
Items K-6, K-7, K-8, and K-9 are listed under the heading “SAMPLES OBTAINED FROM CASEY MARIE ANTHONY (SUSPECT)”.

On page 23 the FBI lists as received nine items:
“DNA Parentage Test Report. K-1”
“Four toothbrushes K-2”
“One Brush K-3”
“One Comb K-4”
“One Thermometer K-5”
“Two buccal swabs from left cheek K-6”
“Two buccal swabs from right cheek K-7”
“Pulled hair K-9” (“K-8” is written, crossed out, and initialed. In addition, the original information about item K-9, “two buccal swabs from left cheek K-9” is crossed out. I believe this is the FBI catching the typo noted above)
“Head Hair from Casey Anthony K-8”

In addition, Items K-2, K-3, K-4, and K-5 are noted as “belonging to Caylee Marie Anthony” and items K-6, K-7, K-8, and K-9 are noted as “From Casey Anthony”.

On page 52 and 53 they list items inventoried by the FBI. There are DNA related items inventoried in this batch, the nine items plus the property form from OCSO.

“Q15 Hairbrush (Item K-3)”
“Q16 Comb (Item K-4)”
“Q17 Thermometer (Item K-5)”
“Q18 – Q21 Toothbrushes (Item K-2)”
“K1 Buccal Sample from Casey Anthony (Items K-6 and K-7)”
“K2 Head Hair from Casey Anthony (Items K-8 and K-9)”
“NE1 Orange County Sheriff’s Office Property Form”
“NE2 DNA Parentage Test Report (Item K-1)”

I suspect from this that the DNA Parentage Test Report, like the Property Form, is paper, and not something that requires forensic testing in this case. No need to do any kind of physical testing on these two documents, in other words. “NE”, I believe, will stand for “Not Examined” as a quick google search bears out.

In the end there are OCSO item numbers and FBI item numbers with a cross-reference to the OCSO item numbers. The FBI Item K1 references OCSO items K6 & K7, the buccal swabs, but FBI Item K1 is not related to OCSO item K1 “DNA Parentage Test Report”.

Similarly, FBI Item K2 references OCSO items K8 & K9, head hair from Casey, but FBI Item K2 is not related to OCSO Item K2, “four toothbrushes”.

I am not proposing that this is a newly created report, or a newly requested report. However, I believe it was JG’s paternity test results which would have Caylee’s complete DNA profile in them to compare to all other unknown DNA, like stains in the car, hairs on the garbage, etc. This would normally be extremely difficult to obtain in a missing child case, but LE fortuitously had an irrefutable sample of Caylee’s DNA. It only makes sense that they would send it to the FBI.

CSI may have made an address error. In one area of the Anthony backyard, they found hair ties and a piece of plastic. The form listing the items shows an address of 4919(?) Hopespring. The Anthony address is 4937.

Attachments

• hair ties 2.jpg
    hair ties 2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 97
  • hair ties.jpg
    hair ties.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 97
I reading the search warrants again I noticed a possible error. It appears LE compared Casey's June 15 phone records when searching for a July 15th call from ZFG - private number where Casey claimed to have spoken to Caylee.

Of course we all know there was no July 15th call regardless but... FWIW there may be an inconsistency here. Somone correct me if I'm seeing this wrong please.

picture.php

respectfully snipped....

I am not proposing that this is a newly created report, or a newly requested report. However, I believe it was JG’s paternity test results which would have Caylee’s complete DNA profile in them to compare to all other unknown DNA, like stains in the car, hairs on the garbage, etc. This would normally be extremely difficult to obtain in a missing child case, but LE fortuitously had an irrefutable sample of Caylee’s DNA. It only makes sense that they would send it to the FBI.

ITA. And thank you for taking the time to help us understand all of this.

We have a "Taz" stuffed animal inside a plastic bag listed in the doc dump. The address given for it is 4851 Hopespring. The Anthony address is 4937. The doc shows that somebody began to write "493", then crossed it out and added their initials. Taz was actually found six houses away from the Anthonys? Cindy said she didn't recognize the toy.

Attachments

• Taz.jpg
    Taz.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 87
We have a "Taz" stuffed animal inside a plastic bag listed in the doc dump. The address given for it is 4851 Hopespring. The Anthony address is 4937. The doc shows that somebody began to write "493", then crossed it out and added their initials. Taz was actually found six houses away from the Anthonys? Cindy said she didn't recognize the toy.

Nice catch! I think this means a toy they found while searching the neighborhood. If Caylee had wandered away from the house (or been lured) a toy might have been brought along. CA did nto recognize it, and, IIRC, it was not tested. Correct me if I am wrong on that! :D I think it is a random unrelated item.

Wow. it looks like everyone is "knee deep" in these documents that were released. I did try to read a lot of the posts, but didn't read them all...

I was relieved that they found (sorry if I am being gross) maggot's, this was something I had really wondered about for the past few months. Now we know they were found on the plastic diner plate in the trash bag (from the trunk), they could have very well originated from the bugs that were first drawn in due to decomposition ? Again, regret the gross nature of this post.

I surmise that the freshener sheet was in KC's trunk to try to tame the smell at first. I've also heard LE state that the smell of decomp gets into your clothes and 'clings'. As KC has driven TL's jeep while he was away, perhaps she placed a freshener sheet in his Jeep to offset any lingering decomp smell that passed from her clothes to the jeep?

Or, she's just a cleaning/neat freak like CA and likes things to smell fresh.

(I just made myself choke writing that last bit)

This was my first thought as well, I keep a box in my car and put them under the seats to make the car smell not so....like my husband after he gets home from his smoke-filled off duty.

This was my first thought as well, I keep a box in my car and put them under the seats to make the car smell not so....like my husband after he gets home from his smoke-filled off duty.

Fabric sheets also repel mosquitoes, and gnats during the summertime. I wonder if they repel flies as well?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RabbitB
Back