2009.02.09 - The cousin that visited....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Elle, glad you took the trouble to get that settled!

http://tothewire.wordpress.com/2009/02/21/pedophile-cousin-took-haleigh-cummings/

Sorry I can't figure out where to post this but it is interesting. It talks about Cousin Joe again and some other stuff.

<snipped from article>
Police are questioning the cousin, who is from Tennessee and was visiting when Haleigh disappeared before dawn Feb. 10, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.

“What we’ve been told is that he’s a sexual pedophile,” said Haleigh’s mother Crystal Sheffield. The child’s grandmother, Teresa Neves, said Croslin described him as a “jerk” and she was worried.

“I couldn’t tell you anything about him,” a distraught Neves told reporters Friday, adding that she only knew of the cousin by his first name Joe. “I can’t tell you how they could have taken her from a family that absolutely adores her.”

I don't disagree that they all speak in shall we say strange ways to be polite. However, the fact remains that Joe did not immediately leave as implied. Misty and Lisa also implied the same thing - the video is available at AH's site if you care to wish. My argument was simply that the picture verified the kid did not leave as many wish to think he let. Pretty simple.
As you researched - you did learn the picture was taken on the 10th - that was the obvious.

Rainsincharlie, I wanted to add this tid bit of info. It seems that CS has said that Joe is a pedophile, but that is what she was told/heard. It seems that Misty, Chelsea, and the the Croslins have been trying to frame him since day one. TN even went as far to say she never met him, but from what she hears he not a very nice person, something to that effect. Which IMO, is BS. How could TN not know about him? But that is JMO.
I noticed in the articles below that Misty said Joe had visited "shortly before" Haleigh went missing.

Then the next article she states that Joe left "Before Haleigh Went Missing". I know LE makes mistakes, but I am pretty confident that they did follow the lead in TN and also questioned Joe. The even went as far to say he "Was Not A Suspect".

Misty Croslin's Tennessee Relative Not a Suspect in Haleigh's Disappearance
Updated: 2/21/2009 5:03:16 PM

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- The relative of Misty Croslin who investigators had been questioning in Tennessee is not a suspect in Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.Captain Dick Schauland didn't have much new information to release in Saturday afternoon's press conference, but when asked point-blank about whether the man known as 'Joe' in Tennessee was a suspect or person of interest, Schauland said he wasn't.Misty had previously said that man was someone she didn't trust and that he had visited shortly before Haleigh disappeared.
It's been 12 days since five-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared.

Article: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...1872&catid=295

Family members told Channel 4 that a relative named Joe visited the Cummings' home and left hours before Haleigh disappeared.
"Snip" http://www.news4jax.com/news/18759634/detail.html
February 20, 2009

Friday morning, Croslin told Matt Lauer on the "Today Show" that she doesn't trust that cousin and doesn't know if he's involved in Haleigh's disappearance.

"He's a criminal, pretty much," Croslin said. "He's been in trouble his whole life."

Investigators pressed for information Friday confirmed that Misty's cousin had been interviewed, but wouldn't say if they had officers in Tennessee.

"We're continuing to follow up any leads that are generated anywhere," Florida Department of Law Enforcement special agent Dominick Pape said. "All the relatives have been interviewed, and Joe is a relative."

Lot's of misinformation out there about cousin Joe. I think it is safer to say no-one was cleared and all the world is a suspect.

I think the truth is coming very soon.

Lot's of misinformation out there about cousin Joe. I think it is safer to say no-one was cleared and all the world is a suspect.

I think the truth is coming very soon.

You got that right! Lots and Lots of misinformation and LE says so little it's hard to get a real picture on what is going on. I do find it suspicious that Misty threw Joe under the bus early on. I pray that from your mouth to God's ears, that the truth comes soon! It is so heart breaking knowing there are so many missing children out there and not much that one can do to bring them home. All we can do is pray and try the best we can.:praying:

Strange how someone whose family is more than cheerful about telling such stories about would be invited by these same people to come stay with them (and their small children) for weeks on end.

I listened to the video again, and Ron does state, Jason, right after Neves says, There was a repairman there. Ron: Jason. Neves: My mother was actually... and I didn't listen to the rest, because someone had already stated that Ron said: The cousin? The cousin wasn't there. Was the repairman's name Jason? Or is Jason someone else?

I was also going to point out that it could be Cason, Mason or Jason or any other name that ends with ASON... I could not catch the very first letter. It sounded like Jason, but as I said, the very first letter was obfuscated.

Sometimes, I hope and pray that this is some elaborate scheme this family used to make money and that Haleigh really isn't "missing," but rather tucked away in some household in the backwoods alive and well.

I listened to the video again, and Ron does state, Jason, right after Neves says, There was a repairman there. Ron: Jason. Neves: My mother was actually... and I didn't listen to the rest, because someone had already stated that Ron said: The cousin? The cousin wasn't there. Was the repairman's name Jason? Or is Jason someone else?

I think he's saying A/C...?

About 7 minutes here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIdhmJ_uxtg&feature=related

I hear AC Guy too, TN states Repairman and RC off camera stating AC.

I think he's saying A/C...?

About 7 minutes here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIdhmJ_uxtg&feature=related

Transcript of 3/16/09 show

NEVES: I heard there was a repairman there. My mother was actually over.

GRACE: I`m sorry, I couldn`t hear you. There was a repairman there. The cousin was there who police have investigated.

NEVES: Yes, ma`am.

GRACE: Who else?

NEVES: My mother came by that night.

GRACE: For what reason?

CUMMINGS: My cousin went in there.

NEVES: She brought some clean clothes over.

GRACE: OK.

NEVES: She had some of the kid`s clothes at her house and she had washed them and brought them over. That was sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 p.m. that night.

Transcript of 3/16/09 show

NEVES: I heard there was a repairman there. My mother was actually over.

GRACE: I`m sorry, I couldn`t hear you. There was a repairman there. The cousin was there who police have investigated.

NEVES: Yes, ma`am.

GRACE: Who else?

NEVES: My mother came by that night.

GRACE: For what reason?

CUMMINGS: My cousin went in there.

NEVES: She brought some clean clothes over.

GRACE: OK.

NEVES: She had some of the kid`s clothes at her house and she had washed them and brought them over. That was sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 p.m. that night.

Was his cousin the nurse with GGS?

In the video Nancy Grace March 16,2009 part 6 at the 7:21 mark:

You can hear RC state "the cousin, the cousin wasn't there".

The transcript is not correct IMO.

In the video Nancy Grace March 16,2009 part 6 at the 7:21 mark:

You can hear RC state "the cousin, the cousin wasn't there".

The transcript is not correct IMO.

gotcha, thank you and sorry! I recall this has been discussed and discussed and discussed again, i hate to be that WSer...that makes you discuss it YET again. Appreciate it donada!

Yes, but this just shows what a bad interviewer NG can be, that she never looked at that transcript to follow up on what Ronald said. He and TN were essentially addressing two different points, TN having mentioned that her mother was there when the AC guy was there. NG throws in the cousin. TN continues with her mother. RC pipes up that the cousin wasn't there.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a transcript that started with the right questions:

When was the last time someone in the C family (RC, TN, GGS) saw Haleigh?
Who was at the trailer at that time?
Why were they there?
What do you know about other people who may have visited the trailer that day?
Is there a timeline of people coming and going?

Then we might get somewhere. :banghead:

gotcha, thank you and sorry! I recall this has been discussed and discussed and discussed again, i hate to be that WSer...that makes you discuss it YET again. Appreciate it donada!

No sorry necessary, I just happened to be watching old NG videos just before coming back to read and that particular video happened to be one of them.

I also heard "my cousin went in there". When NG says something about the cousin (as in JO) Ron is saying he wasn't there. But he also says MY cousin went in there (meaning someone like Hope or whoever). LOL at least that's how I took it.

Greta asks the same question to TN...Who was at the house?

And TN becomes very nervous when saying GGMSykes. And the clothes....

Joe was said to have left the area within days of Haleigh's disappearance.

He contacted a g/f named Jennifer for a ride to TN.

Days later, there is a sighting at Carabba's with Haleigh, Joe & a woman.

The vehicle was a red RAV4 with a Florida license plate.

The Mass. sighting at Wal-Mart was months before we knew Timmy was in Cape Cod.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back