2009.02.17 New Tip: Misty May Not have Been Home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Investigators also said they have processed a car as evidence, but did not release any additional details.
A recent tip suggested that Haleigh’s father’s girlfriend, Misty Croslin, 17, was not home when Haleigh disappeared. Croslin told police she put Haleigh to bed the night before she went missing and was home the entire time. Haleigh’s paternal grandmother said the tip is not true. "That’s a crock. I went by the house that night. I know. She was there," Annette Sykes said. "I went by around 7."

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18743397/detail.html

I agree. It doesn't matter if she was there earlier since she didn't stay until the 911 call was made at 3:27am. Too much of a time window which cannot be verified by Syke's story.[/QUOTE]
*********************************************************************************
hmm, i wonder if "being home" to Misty is the same as being in the neighborhood, right around home? Trailer parks are usually like little communities where people all gather together in the evenings to talk and whatnot.
just a thought.
:cow:

I don't know if I subscribe to that yet or not (Misty being gone for three days). In one interview she stated she had been with the kids 24/7 every day taking care of them except for when they were with their mother. While I do not trust her change in stories this tip is still that....a tip. It would seem that if she were out in a bar or someplace like that the night Haleigh went missing there would be more than one tip/one person who saw her out and she couldn't possibly be so stupid to lie like that (nurse scratches head in thought....wonders...). Okay...so maybe she COULD be that stupid.. but I am not holding my breath. I am just so very, very, very glad that le are working this from every angle to include a stranger abduction/mobile offender abduction. Just imagine if they were to get hung up on not so bright statements by Misty while some crazy person is doing Lord knows what to this poor child.

I DO agree that Misty needs to drink some jolt or a pot of coffee and get her story straight! I just am not so ready to think the tip alluding to the idea that she left was solid or that she is in any way being developed as a prime suspect (nurse has her hat on a platter surrounded by potatos and carrots ready for eating if I am wrong tho!)

Oh nursebeeme I don't know why but the above bolded (by me) just struck me as soo funny! lol You saying that MC needs to drink some jolt or NOT JUST A CUP OF COFFEE but a whole pot of coffee!!!! I am so glad I didn't have my coffee in my mouth when I read that!!

OK now seriously I have gone back and read and listened to all the interviews and the police report, and yes MC has changed quite a few of the details a number of times. I don't think she did anything to HC but I think she was negligent in some way. The media needs to get these people to give up some info and nail down their stories IMO.

As to bold number 1, my question is: On what facts do you base this comment?

As to bold number 2, my question is: so we are taking children away from fathers based on their language? Well then every Marine Corps child from the 60's would have been taken away from their parents!

There seems to be an awful lot of rush to judgment in the threads against this family because their lifestyle isn't Beaver Cleaver. A person who smokes and cusses isn't necessarily a bad parent, and it certainly doesn't imply incest in the family tree!

ITA. WAY too much speculation going on. Only FACTS should be considered.

IMO, it's really starting to sound like Misty was not home as she has been claiming.
Yes. When you start seeing statements about "several people" seeing her out and about...you have to wonder if they are part of some grand conspiracy or is she simply lying?

ITA. WAY too much speculation going on. Only FACTS should be considered.
We are going to have to disagree on this one. Theories and speculation take us closer to the truth all the time. If we were only to rely on facts coming out in this case...we would have one solid fact: Haleigh is missing.

Misty's constant changing of statements fits well with her being missing when Haleigh disappeared, and the subsequent guilt about not being in the home, IMHO. Oddly enough, for me, the pink shirt is the item that makes me believe Misty DID NOT have anything to do with Haleigh's disappearnce. Initially, Misty said Haleigh was wearing a pink shirt. After a few days, Misty was allowed back in the home, and SHE found the pink shirt that SHE thought she put on Haleigh at bedtime - in the laundry by the back door....according to one report (can anyone confirm that????). I do NOT believe that Misty would have lied about what Haleigh was wearing and then produce the garment for LE with no explanation excpet - "I don't know how it got here". If I had harmed a child, made up a story about what she was wearing, I would NEVER 'find' the item and say "Duhhh...I don't know!!". That is so stupid, it HAS to be true! Reality REALLY IS stranger than fiction! (If I ever decide to write fiction.....WS's is my source!!!).

Misty's constant changing of statements fits well with her being missing when Haleigh disappeared, and the subsequent guilt about not being in the home, IMHO. Oddly enough, for me, the pink shirt is the item that makes me believe Misty DID NOT have anything to do with Haleigh's disappearnce. Initially, Misty said Haleigh was wearing a pink shirt. After a few days, Misty was allowed back in the home, and SHE found the pink shirt that SHE thought she put on Haleigh at bedtime - in the laundry by the back door....according to one report (can anyone confirm that????). I do NOT believe that Misty would have lied about what Haleigh was wearing and then produce the garment for LE with no explanation excpet - "I don't know how it got here". If I had harmed a child, made up a story about what she was wearing, I would NEVER 'find' the item and say "Duhhh...I don't know!!". That is so stupid, it HAS to be true! Reality REALLY IS stranger than fiction! (If I ever decide to write fiction.....WS's is my source!!!).

ITA! This has been my theory from the get-go. Misty was gone, haleigh was snatched from her bed and Misty truly does not know her took her....But I also think she has told countless lies to cover her butt about being out of the house that night. So simple-but makes so much sense....

I was watch fox news when GR was on there bio mom,show a clip of Tonight show i thought Ron And GR was going to get in fight. I am not missing GR tonight

I was watch fox news when GR was on there bio mom,show a clip of Tonight show i thought Ron And GR was going to get in fight. I am not missing GR tonight

Yes, that was an interesting clip....not going to miss GR tonight, either. He suggested that Ron was in an altered state of mind. Also, more very telling details.

Did Gr show the pix of Haleigh that he claimed she was abused?
I really pray eeryone will tell the truth even if the family does time for drugs or neglect.
A little girls LIFE is at stake here!
Family tell the TRUTH, even if it hurts!
Haleigh must be found.........
If drug guys have her, they will hurt her.
Just in the town I live their was a drug deal gone bad and a muder over it as rumored.
PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH EVERYONE!!!

OK- Time to fess up and stop pointing fingers at cousins!!!

It never made sense why Ronald was so cozy with Misty afterwards unless
she was helping cover something up for him!!!

We are going to have to disagree on this one. Theories and speculation take us closer to the truth all the time. If we were only to rely on facts coming out in this case...we would have one solid fact: Haleigh is missing.

Or wait for a trial. We'd be waiting for a looong time. Even LE, when they get a hunch, is speculating.

Did Gr show the pix of Haleigh that he claimed she was abused?
I really pray eeryone will tell the truth even if the family does time for drugs or neglect.
A little girls LIFE is at stake here!
Family tell the TRUTH, even if it hurts!
Haleigh must be found.........
If drug guys have her, they will hurt her.
Just in the town I live their was a drug deal gone bad and a muder over it as rumored.
PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH EVERYONE!!!

No maybe tonight, but i really don't want to see the picture , I just want to hears facts. I agree with your post.

I agree with you ~ especially now that the cousin seems to have been thrown under the bus, so to speak, and wasn't involved in Haleigh's disappearance. I do think though that Ron may very well know who it could've been, and that it's very possible Misty wasn't home all night. MOO

You right, with the video of them walking he acted like he wanted her close to his side.

ITA! This has been my theory from the get-go. Misty was gone, haleigh was snatched from her bed and Misty truly does not know her took her....But I also think she has told countless lies to cover her butt about being out of the house that night. So simple-but makes so much sense....
It sure would explain the differences in her stories. If you actually do something, like getting up to go to the bathroom and noticing the light on, or getting up to go to the kitchen and notice the light on, then that isn't going to change no matter how many times you retell the story. I think she was improvising because she doesn't know what happened, and she might have been the one to leave the back door unlocked. MOO

As to bold number 1, my question is: On what facts do you base this comment?

As to bold number 2, my question is: so we are taking children away from fathers based on their language? Well then every Marine Corps child from the 60's would have been taken away from their parents!

There seems to be an awful lot of rush to judgment in the threads against this family because their lifestyle isn't Beaver Cleaver. A person who smokes and cusses isn't necessarily a bad parent, and it certainly doesn't imply incest in the family tree!

I think she's basing it also on...
-the extended rap sheet w/drugs
-leaving the scene of two accidents where there were injuries,
-the obvious anger problem,
-the abusive of Crystal she charged him with,
-Amber,another 17 yo w/his child,plus
-two w/Crystal he never married and
-now another 17 yo,which in Florida is illegal and this is his third minor child he's sleeping with
-and yesterday he lied about the fight and gun being taken,to the media.
-And in every interview he has at least one or two smart comments to answer back,which he needs the media to keep this national to look for Haleigh.

That's not even how he treated Misty in the 911 call we heard,things like that don't just fly out of your mouth in one night and Misty is obviously afraid of him,Crystal is still,I can tell when questions are asked about him.Except when she said the kids say they are being hit and beg to not have to go back home when she has them.Can't think of anything else,but after GR tonight,I might have more to add.

In the very begining of this case the paternal grandmother said she knows Misty was home because she sent someone to the trailer with clothes and to check on the kids. Does anyone else remember this? Why did the kids need to be checked on?

Bumping up....I don't even think we had Tommy's call confession at this point.

I for one am glad media has started going forward....this no answer stuff is getting old. You know people are talking and it's about time they start reporting it!!!!!!!!

lmao...........Naive back in the day wasn't I????????? :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back