2009.02.17 New Tip: Misty May Not have Been Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did Ron's mother ever mention who the family members were who went by to drop off clothes and check on the kids? Just asking because maybe she is referring to the brother, I think it was, that Misty said came over already. I find it very strange for Ron's mother to say...check on the kids...when she is all over the media standing up for Misty and testifying how good she is with them and that she loved them like they were her own, my words there...cannot remember the exact quote that Ron's mother used.

ron's mom didn't say who it was nor what time it was.

i was under the impression that the "brother" was misty's brother and wouldn't have any connection to ron's mom.

Grandma N is standing by Misty, being home. A family member dropped off some clothes. No time given...by TN

i thought the grandma's comments were strange...she said she knew misty was there up till "a certain point" because relative dropped off clothes. so okay, if that's true, what was that time/point? why did she not say it? why did NG not ask a follow-up question? it was just an odd thing to say. if i had a relative there earlier in the night, i'd say "a family member came by about 8 to drop off clothes." or whatever the time was. KWIM?

almost suggests she herself is lying. i mean, what family member? when? it's so non-specific as to seem trumped up somehow.

Does Ron and/or Misti go to a church? I know that may sound odd considering the drug use/criminal activities, but oftentimes in small towns such as this, church is a social place to go as well.

I have been thinking a lot about my idea that someone "rescued" Haleigh after quietly watching the unstable home situation. Haleigh has seen many mother-figures come and go from her young life so it may not be all that unusual for a woman to appear randomly. What if a woman from their church or neighborhood kept tabs on what was going on in that house and knew Misti's habits of leaving the kids? Maybe she knew about Misti's 3-day bender and had enough. She could have come in the trailer while Misti was gone that night and kindly told Haleigh something along the lines of, "I'm Mrs Jones, I'm a friend of your dad's. He is having to work late tonight and Misti isn't able to be home, so he asked me to come take care of you."

She is only 5 and has seen a revolving door of people caring for her. Perhaps she willingly went along, thinking her dad said it was okay. This woman could be long-gone caring for Haleigh somewhere else.

I know this sounds far-fetched, just trying to think of a possibility that doesn't have a gruesome ending.

I was up way too late last night reading other links I could find trying to find other views on this case. I can't remember the name of the site and can't seem to find my web history but it was in regards to an article and it was talking about a local who was asking a TES member why they were helping this family and the local was the one saying that misty had been gone for 3 days with Rons Uncle and that Ron had taken misty back and that he thinks the uncle took Halleigh in retaliation for misty or something to that effect, i wish i could remember the site it's making me crazy :(

I was up way too late last night reading other links I could find trying to find other views on this case. I can't remember the name of the site and can't seem to find my web history but it was in regards to an article and it was talking about a local who was asking a TES member why they were helping this family and the local was the one saying that misty had been gone for 3 days with Rons Uncle and that Ron had taken misty back and that he thinks the uncle took Halleigh in retaliation for misty or something to that effect, i wish i could remember the site it's making me crazy :(

You know if these people are on meth....nothing would surprise me. Nothing.

ron's mom didn't say who it was nor what time it was.

i was under the impression that the "brother" was misty's brother and wouldn't have any connection to ron's mom.

I thought she said 'relative' or 'family member', cannot remember which one right now, but didn't take it to mean her, Ron's mom, family member. I guess it's all in how we interpret what we hear.

Thanks Catch for answering my question though, I appreciate it!

Wow! If the story of Misty being gone with Rons uncle for 3 days prior to this happening is true- it sure puts a fresh new spin on things. That 3 day tryst with the uncle must be why she was "exhausted" as she stated in a recent interview.

So who are Rons Uncle(s)????

Wait, was Misty in a fight with Ron and ran off with Ron's uncle for 3 days?? ..making sure i am reading correct

The way I understood it, Misty was having an affair with Ron's Uncle, which made me think of the 911 call where Ron said something about how could you let them take my kid, going off memory here.

Wow! If the story of Misty being gone with Rons uncle for 3 days prior to this happening is true- it sure puts a fresh new spin on things. That 3 day tryst with the uncle must be why she was "exhausted" as she stated in a recent interview.

So who are Rons Uncle(s)????
I don't know if I subscribe to that yet or not (Misty being gone for three days). In one interview she stated she had been with the kids 24/7 every day taking care of them except for when they were with their mother. While I do not trust her change in stories this tip is still that....a tip. It would seem that if she were out in a bar or someplace like that the night Haleigh went missing there would be more than one tip/one person who saw her out and she couldn't possibly be so stupid to lie like that (nurse scratches head in thought....wonders...). Okay...so maybe she COULD be that stupid.. but I am not holding my breath. I am just so very, very, very glad that le are working this from every angle to include a stranger abduction/mobile offender abduction. Just imagine if they were to get hung up on not so bright statements by Misty while some crazy person is doing Lord knows what to this poor child.

I DO agree that Misty needs to drink some jolt or a pot of coffee and get her story straight! I just am not so ready to think the tip alluding to the idea that she left was solid or that she is in any way being developed as a prime suspect (nurse has her hat on a platter surrounded by potatos and carrots ready for eating if I am wrong tho!)

IMO if this is a family fued happening that is why LE is saying they believe she is still alive, family fueds can make people do strange things.

In all honesty I don't think any of the people ( family) involved with this case are very credible. In any case it is quite obvious that there is something to be said about their lifestyle.
I feel Social Services should have taken the two children away from both parents long ago. The children were and are not living in a responsible and respectable home and judging by the fathers foul language which I am sure was/is prominant in front of his children and Lord knows what else the father was doing in front of the kids, the little boy needs to be immediately removed from the home by DSS before he turns up missing.

In all honesty I don't think any of the people ( family) involved with this case are very credible. In any case it is quite obvious that there is something to be said about their lifestyle.
I feel Social Services should have taken the two children away from both parents long ago. The children were and are not living in a responsible and respectable home and judging by the fathers foul language which I am sure was/is prominant in front of his children and Lord knows what else the father was doing in front of the kids, the little boy needs to be immediately removed from the home by DSS before he turns up missing.

i can't disagree. unfortunately, i have a feeling that there are so many children in that area/state that are in similar/worse situations that there would just be way to many children taken from their parents with no where to go.

IMO if this is a family fued happening that is why LE is saying they believe she is still alive, family fueds can make people do strange things.

didn't early on someone in LE say to the abductor that "you have no rights" ?

i wonder if they meant that even if the abductor thought they were doing this for haleigh's safety or own good, that this was not the way to go about it.

this case doesn't seem to point to a family fued but it's definitely possible. i would think that crystal and her family would have had to take LDT if LE was going in that direction, though.

Girlfriend responds to tip she wasn't there entire night Haleigh disappeared

Information comes day after authorities say original clothing description was wrong.

• By Dana Treen
  • Story updated at 12:48 PM on Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2009

PALATKA — After investigators said today they are chasing down a tip that the 17-year-old girlfriend of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings' father may not have been home at some point when the girl disappeared, she emphasized she was home.
Misty Croslin told the Times-Union this morning that she was at home, that she took a polygraph test with detectives and passed.
She said she did not know where the tip to investigators came from.
She also said she was in the mobile home for the first time Monday with investigators and found the pink Hannah Montana shirt Haleigh was wearing in the laundry. She said the little girl was wearing the shirt when she went to bed. Tuesday investigators changed the Amber Alert clothing description and would only say they have the pink shirt but wouldn't elaborate.
Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office confirmed investigators were looking into the new lead about Croslin Wednesday morning and said it was among the 1,200 tips being investigated. He said the father's whereabouts that night checked out — Ronald Cummings was at work when the little girl disappeared from her Satsuma home.
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

Girlfriend responds to tip she wasn't there entire night Haleigh disappeared

Information comes day after authorities say original clothing description was wrong.

• By Dana Treen
  • Story updated at 12:48 PM on Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2009

PALATKA — After investigators said today they are chasing down a tip that the 17-year-old girlfriend of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings' father may not have been home at some point when the girl disappeared, she emphasized she was home.
Misty Croslin told the Times-Union this morning that she was at home, that she took a polygraph test with detectives and passed.
She said she did not know where the tip to investigators came from.
She also said she was in the mobile home for the first time Monday with investigators and found the pink Hannah Montana shirt Haleigh was wearing in the laundry. She said the little girl was wearing the shirt when she went to bed. Tuesday investigators changed the Amber Alert clothing description and would only say they have the pink shirt but wouldn't elaborate.
Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office confirmed investigators were looking into the new lead about Croslin Wednesday morning and said it was among the 1,200 tips being investigated. He said the father's whereabouts that night checked out — Ronald Cummings was at work when the little girl disappeared from her Satsuma home.
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

In the laundry...hmmmmm Wonder if that means she was washing it too? Looks like getting rid of evidence to me.

she emphasized she was home.

Sorry, but I can't believe her. She has told so many conflicting stories, she has no credibility IMO. No one can verify that she was home. Once you tell too many stories, you are difficult to trust. Also, on Greta, GVS mentioned several times that LE really never uses the word "passed" when referring to lie detector results. She questioned Misti what exactly they advised her of her results and as usual, Misti didn't know and seemed confused by the question.

I will believe someone passed....when LE says so. And they have not.

Misty is saying she passed the polygraph but we havent heard it from LE yet....

Oh and I would expect her to say she was home that night...whether she was or not.

LE has not said either way and until they do I just cannot take her word on it!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back