2009.02.18 Defense Statement

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New Documents and Photos Released In Casey Anthony Case
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 2:42:49 PM

Defense Reacts
Meanwhile, lawyers for Casey Anthony released this statement Wednesday. “The State’s forensic report on duct tape, plastic bags and other items is a one-sided law enforcement-generated report and is biased and speculative. It uses ‘junk science,’ the kind of flawed comparative analysis that the two-year study by National Academy of Sciences released today.”

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/18/new_documents_released_in_casey_anthony_case.html

Junk science!

Yeah, right :bang:

Has Cindy been talking science again?

So there is a part of the defense case, spelled out! Attack the scientific evidence! This is where LBK earns her cut of the fee.

You got that right Paintr...kept thinking maybe they'll go for nutzo...but, KC would never allow it, so they gotta go scientific evidence...and that's LBK.in my not so legal eagel opinion. Hope the gravy train stops soon...

If they are going to use terms like so called 'junk science' they may need to re-think that term. In some cases that type of sciences has made possible the theory of relativity, airplane flight, microchips, and penicillan. If I were them I wouldn't be so quick to down LE and the State of Florida's techniques.

Their best response would be to say nothing, and leave it til court.

As if JB could tell the difference between real science and junk science. Stick you what you know JB, I don't think science was ever your strongest subject. You seem like the type who ran screaming from any science class you were ever forced to take.

If they are going to use terms like so called 'junk science' they may need to re-think that term. In some cases that type of sciences has made possible the theory of relativity, airplane flight, microchips, and penicillan. If I were them I wouldn't be so quick to down LE and the State of Florida's techniques.

Their best response would be to say nothing, and leave it til court.

Oh, I have said it before, and I will say it again.

One day in the not so distant future, JB will be trying to carry on with his career and other cases. And boy, oh boy, will he live to regret how much p*zzing he did in his own backyard when he has to work with these same professionals again.

Mistake. HUGE mistake.

Do We Know What Is In The Syringe??? When we find out will it be "Junk Science"?

Someone needs to inform Mr. Baez et al that sometimes, it's just a good idea to say, "No comment."

At least he didn't proclaim his client's innocence. :crazy:

He probably believes the world is flat.

Hey JB, does this mean that all the scientific findings, from Dr. Lee and all the other high priced experts, is junk science too? Can't have it both ways, Jose.

They are willing to follow leads from psychics ... but tout science as junk ... hmmm What century is this?

And exactly what kind of junk science was used to notice the duct tape was that of the EXACT same brand? And what kind of junk science was used to see the canvas bag was the same brand..it's called COMMON sense. Sometimes silence is key, the defense needs to remember that..oh yeah they never keep their mouths closed, I forgot.

Wow - unbelievable. If these guys had any sense at all, they would be feverishly working with the prosecutors to make a deal that might save their client's life!!!!! I doubt that any jury with any common sense would look at how diligently the state has worked on the evidence and put this case together and conclude it is all junk science. Just MHO.

New Documents and Photos Released In Casey Anthony Case
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 2:42:49 PM

Defense Reacts
Meanwhile, lawyers for Casey Anthony released this statement Wednesday. “The State’s forensic report on duct tape, plastic bags and other items is a one-sided law enforcement-generated report and is biased and speculative. It uses ‘junk science,’ the kind of flawed comparative analysis that the two-year study by National Academy of Sciences released today.”

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/18/new_documents_released_in_casey_anthony_case.html

Junk science!
The Junk Science pile is getting bigger and Bigger,so good luck with that statement Baez and LKB. Me thinks the hospital must have injected Baez with super dose of Koolaid..:bang::bang::bang:

Ok, so they responded to the forensic evidence with "junk science." Why wasn't the entry into the journal addressed? I do see it says '03 in the corner, however for it to be included into evidence, I would have to think that the pages prior or following that day's entry would be indicative to 2008 right after Caylee went missing. Where is the rebuttal to overcome that? They didn't even reach for the '03 explanation which speaks volumes to me.

And other posters are correct, if it cleared KC of any wrong-doing, it would have been the most advanced and credible scientific knowledge known to mankind!

Hey JB, does this mean that all the scientific findings, from Dr. Lee and all the other high priced experts, is junk science too? Can't have it both ways, Jose.

You go girl! Send him an email. LOL

What is junk science? what testing did they do that is junk science? and who is the national academy of science?

Actually, it is the national academy of science calling it "junk" not JB and LKB...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-na-crime-science19-2009feb19,0,954369.story

I disagree.

I have read 20 separate articles this afternoon about the report, and have not found the term 'junk science' referenced as a quote from the NAS report in a single one of them, including the one you linked above.

I have not seen the entire report, for which you must pay, but it appears that JB and LB have indeed coined the phrase 'junk science' themselves - and not directly from the report.

Even without seeing the entire report, it seems highly doubtful that a body that hopes to guide Congress and the federal government would use the term 'junk science' in such a report, doesn't it?

hmmm.

Shut the *&#@ up, defense!! The only "junk" in this case is your evil client!

I wish I could put duct tape across their mouths!

I’m actually thrilled that Baez is a Big Blabbermouth.
I’ll bet the prosecution just loves days like this.
Go ahead Baez, lay out your whole case in the media.
(I bet he loses every time he plays poker)
:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back