2009.02.18 Haleigh's Parents Taken to Sheriff's Office

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also someone had said something about Misty wasn't supposed to have contact with the family....maybe it was really the cousin. Maybe in the beginning things got confused between people.

well, if the cousin took haleigh, then i guess ron didn't shoot the cousin the day prior.

and why would he steal the gun and then throw it in a ditch? why not keep it?

maybe someone else had the gun?

seems strange that they found the gun too......

Investigators searching for a missing Florida girl say $16,000 dollars in rewards have been offered for information about Haleigh Cummings.

This comes as the 17-year-old girlfriend of the girl's father is changing her story.

"Front door. I went out the front door. I never went out the back door," Croslin says.

Misty Croslin now tells us she did go out on the front porch to smoke a cigarette the night 5-year old Haleigh disappeared.

More at link
http://www.cbs12.com/news/reward_4714683___article.html/haleigh_say.html

Sorry if it's been posted.

Thought it belonged here, since maybe once she changed her story again, they thought to bring everybody else in at once, so no one else could jump on the big fat lie bandwagon.
Popping over to media thread now.

I am unanimous in the fact that this needs to stop. Now. Just stop. This is quickly becoming another one for the books.

I'm beginning to think there was a cousin staying at the trailer and that cousin was no longer allowed to contact the family because of the gun theft. And furthermore, this would all fit with the story CR was told by Misty.

Remember in the beginning there was that confusion over a cousin staying at the trailer? Then it was assumed that the media meant Misty? Maybe it wasn't a mistake about the cousin......

Yup I posted almost the same time as you did. I remember the first reports talked about misty and another teenager. Then we had the story by Misty that her cousin had been visiting. (the one that had molested her and another cousin when she was a teen). that cousin supposedly stole a gun....this is a very strange story.

It really says "Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's parents, were each brought to the sheriff's office."
Nothing about Misty being brought in.
Maybe it was editied after you posted it.

I just checked, your so right. Thank you, i wouldn't have caught the update, i don't want to confuse people..

http://www.wesh.com/news/18743397/detail.html

"A recent tip suggested that Haleigh’s father’s girlfriend, Misty Croslin, 17, was not home when Haleigh disappeared. Croslin told police she put Haleigh to bed the night before she went missing and was home the entire time. Haleigh’s paternal grandmother said the tip is not true."That’s a crock. I went by the house that night. I know. She was there," Annette Sykes said. "I went by around 7."

She could have went out after 7pm, imo she'd wait til she knew kinfolk elsewhere would be asleep. If someone "went by" do they mean drove buy or stopped by?
---

I read this article and just shook my head at the great grandma insisting that she knew that Misty was at home. Yeah, grandma, she was at home at 7:00 pm when you came by, do you really think that she would tell grandma that she was going to put the kids to bed so she could sneak out and meet someone, give me a break. The grandma needs to just not talk about what she can't possibly know unless she spent the night with Misty and the kids. I'm also wondering why Misty did not mention, when asked who may have been at the house that night, grandma being there. Misty seems to have a big problem with simple facts. I'm also tired of hearing that "Oh, Misty is so young, she is doing the best she can". BS, a seventeen year old is plenty old enough to be a responsible person. Most seventeen year olds are old enough and responsible enough to babysit, FGS. I do not think that her age has anything to do with her ability to care for the children. Just from what we have seen of her, I feel that if she was fifty years old, she could not care for the children. Her eyes were totally dilated on the interview yesterday. Being a parent of two daughters who really gave me a trial during their teenage years, I can tell you that this girl was very likely on drugs of some sort during this interview and also in the earlier interviews. Her mode of speech and movements, the voice and etc., were obvious to me that she was not telling the truth and that she was most likely under the influence while she was suppose to be taking care of the children. Blast away!

---

I read this article and just shook my head at the great grandma insisting that she knew that Misty was at home. Yeah, grandma, she was at home at 7:00 pm when you came by, do you really think that she would tell grandma that she was going to put the kids to bed so she could sneak out and meet someone, give me a break. The grandma needs to just not talk about what she can't possibly know unless she spent the night with Misty and the kids. I'm also wondering why Misty did not mention, when asked who may have been at the house that night, grandma being there. Misty seems to have a big problem with simple facts. I'm also tired of hearing that "Oh, Misty is so young, she is doing the best she can". BS, a seventeen year old is plenty old enough to be a responsible person. Most seventeen year olds are old enough and responsible enough to babysit, FGS. I do not think that her age has anything to do with her ability to care for the children. Just from what we have seen of her, I feel that if she was fifty years old, she could not care for the children. Her eyes were totally dilated on the interview yesterday. Being a parent of two daughters who really gave me a trial during their teenage years, I can tell you that this girl was very likely on drugs of some sort during this interview and also in the earlier interviews. Her mode of speech and movements, the voice and etc., were obvious to me that she was not telling the truth and that she was most likely under the influence while she was suppose to be taking care of the children. Blast away!

Oh yes they were. Her pupils were HUGE, so huge in fact that I even tried to figure out the lighting of the room she was in.

Misty is so full of it, she went out the front door to smoke a cigarette. Whose front door was it?

---

I agree with all of your post! :clap:
We've seen kids a lot younger than her babysit, and they know to call 911 right away. Misty has no excuse unless she was involved or she wasn't home. Maybe both.

I havn't seen a picture of how remote this area is,was wondering if there was a store,or anything like that,where she could have walked to?? I hope she didn't do this, she is so young.

so why haven't they released this cousin's name, picture, vehicle, etc.?

Misty is so full of it, she went out the front door to smoke a cigarette. Whose front door was it?

As a former dedicated smoker, :yuck: I know that few people go outside of their own house to smoke if both parents smoke. Maybe if only one smokes, but M and R just don't strike me as a go outside and smoke type. So her statement rings false to me. Just my opinion.

O/T Not even a puff in 2 years; if I can quit after 35 years, anyone can!

As a former dedicated smoker, :yuck: I know that few people go outside of their own house to smoke if both parents smoke. Maybe if only one smokes, but M and R just don't strike me as a go outside and smoke type. So her statement rings false to me. Just my opinion.

I would normally agree, but Child Protective Services (or whatever they are called in FL) has been investigating them.. and smoking inside may have been one of the issues.

is misty trying to imply that someone could have come in that back door while she was on the front porch? i hope not. wouldn't that mean that haleigh would have been gone before misty went to bed?

Remember...these are not general discussion threads anymore. ;)

Usually when the immediate family is called into the Sheriff's office, it means they have found the victim or remains. It is SOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip