2009.02.19 1:00 pm Haleighs family press conference

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okie dokie then, why did his own family and girlfriend say it was so?

the family may have just repeated what misti said hoping to have a suspect and real lead

as to why Misti said it, can't frame that one in a rational thought process

Okie dokie then, why did his own family and girlfriend say it was so?
Exactly. And furthermore, when asked if his relationship with underage babysitter had been on the rocks he said it was no one's business (deductive logic in play; it has nothing to do with what happened to his daughter). But what if it does? Ignoring any controversy in any of the players lives in this case could be tragic and that is why LE has cleared no one. Frankly, the list of possibilities in this case is staggering when topped by a list of 44 RSOs within five miles of the home! How many are within 7 miles? 8? 10? Not only do LE have those persons to contend with but they also have, in the immediate circle around Hayleigh, two bioparents at serious odds with one another and themselves (drug charges and innuendo of other nefaraious behavior), an underage "girlfriend" of five months who is as consistent as the wind, a possible Uncle that is also a possible sex offender... List goes on.

I believe that the tight lips we are seeing with LE is directly corresponding at this time to the mountains they must traverse to clear even the immediate circle around Haleigh. (Thank God they are able to work different angles at the same time though) At this point, I am not sure what I even think as a possibility.. but when I think of that poor child and what she is going thru (or may have gone thru bless her heart) in my heart I do not trust or believe anyone at this point as the inner circle's ability to spin things...for what ever reason they are doing it.....counteracts any trust or belief I had in any of them from the start. If I could ask anything of them I would ask the following:

1)Ron: be truthful and forthcoming in your background, history of relationships, and your past. You say you have no enemies but I do not believe you. Tell the truth about the gun. Your family has shared details. Be transparent, Ron. Perhaps someone you thought was your friend is not one.

2)Misty: quit lying. If you left the door unlocked or left for a bit or weren't the best caretaker just fess up. No one will hate you for it later if it can help find this child. If you cannot express yourself verbally...write it down or tell someone else so they can speak for you. If something happened on accident tell it, write it, or share it. If you were under the influence of a substance and don't remember what happened...share it.

They are loosing interest in the case....I was afraid that was going to happen.

Does anyone think it's just a little strange that both dad and bio-mom usually refer to Haleigh as "my daughter" or "my child" and not by her name HALEIGH?

Nursebeeme, You said what I'm thinking better than I could have!

Does anyone think it's just a little strange that both dad and bio-mom usually refer to Haleigh as "my daughter" or "my child" and not by her name HALEIGH?

IMO, it's more personal to say it like that. Kinda like a kid calling their parent by their first name would be impersonal. But that's just me.

IMO, it's more personal to say it like that. Kinda like a kid calling their parent by their first name would be impersonal. But that's just me.

I can see your point also. I can't say for certain whether I'd refer to my child by name or not. Just something I noticed.

I hope something breaks soon! Poor Haleigh!!

Noticing when news reporter asked Ron do you belive Misty.........his face said NO! but his words were "Yeah"

I can see your point also. I can't say for certain whether I'd refer to my child by name or not. Just something I noticed.

I hope something breaks soon! Poor Haleigh!!

Same here...and Welcome to WS!

As long as LE has not named a POI and has not cleared anyone, it's all up for discussion within the TOS. Yes we should be empathetic to them because they are in sense a victim in this. But you first have to determine if they are a victim or not. The Sheriff has not given us that yet. What happens to crime victims is much more horrible than what their family is going through. Tearing their life apart is just the way it is in an investigation. You can bet LE is doing that and more.

Crimes are dirty and nasty. What the vics go through is dirty and nasty. I don't know how clean and purty you can keep a discussion about it. Solving crimes is not about putting on rose colored glasses and thinking positive thoughts and topping it off with a shiney bow. The only thing that matters is finding out what happened and you can't do that without the truth. IMO, the hurt, embarrased and offended feelings of a crime victims family is trumped by what happened to the crime victim.
I agree. Right now the only victim we have is Haleigh. The rest are suspects according to the Sheriff.

Exactly. And furthermore, when asked if his relationship with underage babysitter had been on the rocks he said it was no one's business (deductive logic in play; it has nothing to do with what happened to his daughter). But what if it does? Ignoring any controversy in any of the players lives in this case could be tragic and that is why LE has cleared no one. Frankly, the list of possibilities in this case is staggering when topped by a list of 44 RSOs within five miles of the home! How many are within 7 miles? 8? 10? Not only do LE have those persons to contend with but they also have, in the immediate circle around Hayleigh, two bioparents at serious odds with one another and themselves (drug charges and innuendo of other nefaraious behavior), an underage "girlfriend" of five months who is as consistent as the wind, a possible Uncle that is also a possible sex offender... List goes on.

I believe that the tight lips we are seeing with LE is directly corresponding at this time to the mountains they must traverse to clear even the immediate circle around Haleigh. (Thank God they are able to work different angles at the same time though) At this point, I am not sure what I even think as a possibility.. but when I think of that poor child and what she is going thru (or may have gone thru bless her heart) in my heart I do not trust or believe anyone at this point as the inner circle's ability to spin things...for what ever reason they are doing it.....counteracts any trust or belief I had in any of them from the start. If I could ask anything of them I would ask the following:

1)Ron: be truthful and forthcoming in your background, history of relationships, and your past. You say you have no enemies but I do not believe you. Tell the truth about the gun. Your family has shared details. Be transparent, Ron. Perhaps someone you thought was your friend is not one.

2)Misty: quit lying. If you left the door unlocked or left for a bit or weren't the best caretaker just fess up. No one will hate you for it later if it can help find this child. If you cannot express yourself verbally...write it down or tell someone else so they can speak for you. If something happened on accident tell it, write it, or share it. If you were under the influence of a substance and don't remember what happened...share it.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Excellent post, Neebee!!

I would like to know if Misty parents are going to the police station with her?? She still is a Minor!! And can not be ??? with a parent

Not sticking up for her but she still is a child in my eyes!

There is also no reason he shouldn't still be getting a check. It has only been a couple of weeks. Sick time, vacation time, and family emergency leave should more than cover a couple of weeks.

Could be alot of reasons he is not getting a check, not on the job long enough to qualify for sick/vacation pay. Or he could have used it all up due to Haleighs medical condition.:(

This poor Dad's heart is broken, the LAST thing he should have to worry about is working. He is worried about his daughter's safe return.

I would like to know if Misty parents are going to the police station with her?? She still is a Minor!! And can not be ??? with a parent

Not sticking up for her but she still is a child in my eyes!
unless she is emancipated, yes she is. Here is the link for info on emancipation in the state of florida http://www.legalaidocba.org/documents/Emancipation.pdf

unless She has been married before (marriage induces emancipation), or has been to court to petition to be an emancipated minor she is not one and is legally considered a child.

I sincerely trust that LE knows the laws of the state they work within and have her parents or guardians there during questioning or at least available if she is not, in fact, emancipated. Also, another thing to consider is that she is not a "resident" per se of Florida.

I believe she is from Michigan. Here is a link to the emancipation of a minor in Michigan: http://courts.co.calhoun.mi.us/book002.htm and it is about the same except it mentions the fact that a child can be emancipated if a parent is "missing" (to include incarceration). It also includes military service but we know with Misty that is not the case.

The age of consent in florida is 18...however : (snip)
[EDITORS NOTE: We get many comments regarding Florida and our posting of the age of consent as 18. You should understand that our definition of "age of legal consent" is the age at which a person may consent to sexual contact with ANY person not in a position of authority, etc. Using our definition, the age of consent in Florida is 18.
However, for the sake of argument and clarification, if a person is less than 24 years old, they may enter into sexual contact with a person who is at least 16 years old.] (snip)
http://www.ageofconsent.com/florida.htm

WELCOME!

Im guilty of always calling my kids....my son, my daughter........

Could be alot of reasons he is not getting a check, not on the job long enough to qualify for sick/vacation pay. Or he could have used it all up due to Haleighs medical condition.:(

This poor Dad's heart is broken, the LAST thing he should have to worry about is working. He is worried about his daughter's safe return.
At least in our country we have this: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/HTML/famqa.htm I am not sure if it covers abduction of a child....but I imagine caring for a dependent would fit the bill here. I hope his company has looked into it/he has looked into it

Just like CAYLEE, HALEIGH's case is getting to have to many lies, twists, turns.........
terribly dysfunctional family situation......sad, so sad..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18