2009.02.22 Geraldo at Large

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that story for a second.

If that little girl had gone to school beat up like that a teacher or principal would have been on the phone to CPS. Legally they have to make that call if they think a child has been abused. If they didn't make the call they would be in big trouble. No, I agree, Crystal is in her glory with Geraldo R standing there eating it up while she tells her storys or rather her lies. I notice he didn't ask her any questions about her own background like..."did you stay off of drugs throughout your pregnancy...did you start using again after the baby came?" "When the neighbor heard all of the screaming coming from your house was that both of you abusing each other verbally or just one of you?"
The neighbor really acted uncomfortable even talking to big mouth Geraldo.
For the judge to give the kids to Ron...something was haywire in Crystal's life.
For her not to fight for her kids makes me even more certain. I don't think either of them were angels and seemed to be on the phone all of the time to LE saying things about each other. They really need to put the past aside for
now and concentrate on Haleigh.

Where is Haleigh? She has been gone so long and it isn't looking good.

Was that the one where he was charges with leaving the scene of an accident involving injuries ?
Why would you leave unless you were under the influence or had a warrant ?
Was this the same one where he had the kids with him, and if so, did he leave them too ?

There were two accidents with injuries where he left the scene.It couldn't have been the one with Crystal's car totaled,it went into a tree.

Anyone know Chad's DOB? I think I got records on him too. Should we start a new thread just for court records? We're pretty OT here.

In '05 Ron declined applying for public defender, I wonder if he represented himself or who took care of paying lawyer. Sounds like someone else!

I noticed that as well and thought it was "curious" because he had a public defender in every other proceeding I've seen so it stuck out to me.

Sounds like he had pills, oxy's or something w/o a prescription. Equipment? Not sure what equipt involved with pills.
Legend drug?
Got this from Wiki
In the U.S., a legend drug is any drug that requires a prescription. This may be a controlled substance (narcotic) or a non-narcotic drug

This would be in most cases a pain killer type pill that you do not have a legal rx for. Drug equipment could be a scale, lable machine, bags or bottles. Just taking and educated guess here.

Syringes (sp) would be considered drug equipment if he had any drugs in liquid form.

I know we had liquid morphine for my aunt when she was dying of cancer.

Are roach clips still considered equipment too?

O/T do they still make those roach clips that had the colored feathers hanging off of suede string tied to the clip? :D I'm giving away my age.

You know what? You're right. Following is a breakdown of Florida Statutes according to the year 2005. Ron broke a restraining order, so he was picked up. They caught him with some stuff, heck, maybe Crystal even called it in. She dropped the charges, is how I see it, and somehow Ron was able to finagle his way out of the drug charges. Keep in mind that law enforcement took pictures of everything they confiscated, that's why they have an image link, but Sunshine Laws weren't the same in 2005 as compared to right now 2009, so we are not privy to every single thing. I have a hunch Crystal tried to narc on Ron and that's how he got busted. Check this out:

Copy of Sarasota Record
http://courtweb.co.sarasota.fl.us/crimapp/crimdetail.asp?case_id=44204608

Florida 2005 Statutes:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...isplay_Index&Title_Request=XXXIII#TitleXXXIII

Descriptions of statutes booked on:

893.13 Prohibited acts; penalties.
893.13 Prohibited acts; penalties.
893.147 Use, possession, manufacture, delivery, transportation, or advertisement of drug paraphernalia.
741.31 Violation of an injunction for protection against domestic violence.
499.03 Possession of certain drugs without prescriptions unlawful; exemptions and exceptions.

Was all of this the same day Haleigh supposedly wandered off & drowned? Just curious, I don't have a date on that. Speaking of the drowning incident, when Crystal said she had to do CPR. I read that was not reported to police, but I was wondering if Haleigh was seen by an EMT or DR after that incident. Even though she was supposedly revived by Crystal, there still could have been complications (going without Oxygen can cause irreparable brain damage, pneumonia could have set in from the dirty canal water she inhaled, etc.). I heard nothing of a trip to the ER for being temporarily not alive, but she saw the Dr for the cuts/black eye/bruises. Confuzzled.

Haleigh could be hearing her abductor listening to the news and hear her mom saying her daddy knows where she is but isn't telling anyone and that it is her daddy's fault. Very very sad that CS didn't think about that.

THIS? Just added a new layer of disgust for CS and the whole GR thing. Such a good point, myshell. To me, CS wasn't thinking about anything, except hurting Ron and making money. JMO

Strong words, but I'll stand with you here. :eek: It's been nothing less than disturbing to me. :(

I have no idea what happened to sweet Haleigh, and I believe Ron loved her - even Crystal said so.

But the continual whitewashing of Ron while doubting and outright bashing the women in his life, using age-old mythical stereotypes about what these woman "would have done if he really were abusive and they feared him" is gut-wrenching to see fly so easily in this day and age.

Judging by the comments here, I'd be called a liar many times over, and that would be so very wrong.

I might be wrong, but one common theme I've seen here is that many of us who have said from the start that we do not trust him (to put it lightly) or his (to us, manipulative) crying learned to recognize these warning signals the hard way.

(None of this is to say I think Crystal is a fit mother, or, again, that I think Ron harmed Haliegh, or that I think it would be good if we all agreed. I really don't. I just wish there weren't so much of a double standard being accepted in judging the women harshly vs cutting Ron slack. :eek:)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Seriously, I don't know how a person can watch and listen to Ron in any of the interviews or the 911 call and not realize that he is putting on an act. It is obvious to me.

I do agree with your point that it is easier to spot (an abuser, sociopath or psychopath) if you've had first hand experience with this type of person.

Susan

Craig on Geraldo said it earlier. It came from a "source" near the police investigation supposedly about a witness who said they were with her and watched her do drugs that night between 7-9pm then claimed she staged the whole thing after finding Haleigh missing upon her return.

I wonder if the "witness" is Amber, in retribution for the snarky comments Misty left on her myspace. LOL

I would just like to make a request..
If anything ever happens in my family, would you all please make sure Geraldo never shows up?
I could just see my father now.....:eek:

Am I reading this right! Crystal = child abuse!!!!:eek:

Love, you read that backwards...actually, the poster misinterpreted it. Petitioner=Plaintiff and Respondent=Defendant. It was Crystal taking Ron to court, but she never showed up...or something like that. :)

Sounds like he had pills, oxy's or something w/o a prescription. Equipment? Not sure what equipt involved with pills.
Legend drug?
Got this from Wiki
In the U.S., a legend drug is any drug that requires a prescription. This may be a controlled substance (narcotic) or a non-narcotic drug

well what came to my mind was syringes, complete with needles.
Not all syringes come with needles.

If that little girl had gone to school beat up like that a teacher or principal would have been on the phone to CPS. Legally they have to make that call if they think a child has been abused. If they didn't make the call they would be in big trouble. No, I agree, Crystal is in her glory with Geraldo R standing there eating it up while she tells her storys or rather her lies. I notice he didn't ask her any questions about her own background like..."did you stay off of drugs throughout your pregnancy...did you start using again after the baby came?"

Where is Haleigh? She has been gone so long and it isn't looking good.

Somewhere I read that she had missed a HEART DR appointment for JR the morning of a court hearing. Do we know if he has a serious birth defect / problem and if it could be a result of drug use during pregnancy?

I do not know how drug charges all work, but in watching COPS (lol) sometimes they charge everyone in the car if something is found, and tell the people to tell the judge their side. Maybe Ron was in a car when drugs were found but after reading evidence reports it was determined they were not his and charges dismissed?

Good thinking. That is true, and even true if you are in a house that is busted. Everyone goes.

But she works in another county. Do you think another county would give Ronald preferential treatment because his mom is a dispatcher in another county? And especially a big county on the other side of FL being Aluchua

Gee, Thanks Cajun as I didn't know that.

I don't know how the law works there nor the good old boy practices either. Maybe someone here might know.

I think it would depend on who she knows in the right places, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member