2009.02.27 - Lee's Deposition - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yes::yes::yes:

I saw clips of the video deposition and I just can't believe how many times this guy laughed, how many times it seemed like he didn't care and the entire thing was a joke. How he seemed like he was rubbing false statements in their face - he really didn't seem to give a crap. Also, I can't believe how childish he behaved.

I have zero hope for this family.

Can anyone explain to me "I'll object for the record, but go ahead and answer the question."

I believe, but someone with more legal smarts will confirm or deny, that it means when it comes time to rule on the case presenting the depositions, that when the attorney objected, the question should be reviewed by the judge in order to make a determination whether the question itself had anything to do with the matter at hand. If not, even though he answered, the answer will be dismissed as well as the question.

I believe, but someone with more legal smarts will confirm or deny, that it means when it comes time to rule on the case presenting the depositions, that when the attorney objected, the question should be reviewed by the judge in order to make a determination whether the question itself had anything to do with the matter at hand. If not, even though he answered, the answer will be dismissed as well as the question.

Yes, in AZ and I believe most places, you can object but, for most questions, the witness still answers and the objection is reviewed by the judge if and when someone wants to use the deposition in court. There are exceptions--for example, you can instruct the witness NOT to answer if the question requests attorney-client privileged information.

Did LA have A N Y T H I N G to say ~ ?????????

It seems like he just kept saying ~ "KC SAID ' blah~ Blah~ B L A H !' "

LA said " KC SAID """" and I BELIEVE KC ! ! !" that is

* A * L * L * that LA said....

he KNOWS Nothing.... only what KC TOLD HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E N O U GH ~~~~ ALREADY !!!!! E N O U G H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMO
jjgram

makes me ill !!!:twocents::sick::sick::sick:
He speaks in code.

He should speak in tongues.

He should pray for Caylee and then perhaps himself and then his devil sister?

WTH is wrong with this guy??? Why does he laugh so much? I'm not so sure that it's all a 'nervous' laugh either. Anyway, to me, it just makes him look like a liar.

I'm bothered by Lee's depo. I think it was legally unnecessary and because of that, some of what he said (I haven't read the whole thing, only heard highlights) was offensive to me logically and ethically. I don't think any of the Anthony's should have to give depo's on this to after Casey's trial. I think Zenaida has a case but that case has to wait as the criminal trial should take precedence over everything. Nothing should compromise it. Because of that, I think Lee should have taken his parent's route. For him to say he believes everything she has said is totally unnecessary and doesn't help anyone and does in fact make me think less of him.

If I understand this correctly, if JoseB wasn't such an idiot and hadn't filed a counter-claim against ZFG there wouldn't have been a need for this depo in the first place.

All I'm hearing is "absolutely. Oh, absolutely."

Just. like. Casey.

I'm just listening to part 5 now. OMG.. I had hopes for Lee up until this deposition.

Remember back when KC was first arrested and Lee talked to her and said she better stop lying and hurting mom, dad, etc? I'd like to know what happened since then. When did he decide that KC's lying is OK and he'll cover for her? This deposition is an abomination.

The day mommy told him to. imo

When he realized Caylee was dead. He can do nothing to help her. Now his focus is on KC.

A always, JMHO

I think Lee's focus has always been his mother, not his sister. but that's just me.

LA deposition, seemed to support that "all of the Anthony's" have lived in fear of Casey. In the converstions that were taped in jail with Casey's parents, it was clear that they jumped, as if firecrackers were going off around their feet. Since Caylee was found, they will likely continue the same relationship, in fear that Casey will turn on them.

It is not easy to grasp how controlling one person can be within a family. The behavior on the controlling person developes over years. By the time a crisis occurs, it is too late, because it is what seems normal.

Mind Student

WTH is wrong with this guy??? Why does he laugh so much? I'm not so sure that it's all a 'nervous' laugh either. Anyway, to me, it just makes him look like a liar.

Nah, it's his lies that make him look like a liar.

The surreal thing is about the only thing I could relate to.

Years ago when my son was almost 4 we were at a county fair. My DH and another couple were waiting for our gorgeous blond haired, blue eyed child to get off a kiddy ride not realizing we were at the wrong gate until the children got off. I rush through the crowd and found a lady of an entirely different race walking off with my child hand in hand in the opposite direction. I caught up with them and grab my child's hand away from her, she mumble something about she thought he was one of the children that came with her(only there were no other children with her).

I guess I was in shock too, I just raced back to my DH with my son, he was totally unaware of what had happened. To this day whenever I think about it I am amazed I didn't do more. I should have screamed for my DH, the police, anyone to stop that woman, no way her excuse was real. It bothers me that I left that woman out there to prey on other children...it was so surreal!

I'm sorry but I think ALL children are "gorgeous". Also I'm quite sure that as a parent I would be horrified no matter what race the stranger was that was leading my child away by the hand. Statistically children are far more likely to be abducted by someone the same race as them.

I just don't understand what exactly race has to do with this story at all. :waitasec:

LA deposition, seemed to support that "all of the Anthony's" have lived in fear of Casey. In the converstions that were taped in jail with Casey's parents, it was clear that they jumped, as if firecrackers were going off around their feet. Since Caylee was found, they will likely continue the same relationship, in fear that Casey will turn on them.
It is not easy to grasp how controlling one person can be within a family. The behavior on the controlling person developes over years. By the time a crisis occurs, it is too late, because it is what seems normal.

Mind Student

I think you're right, that the've been playing the tiptoe around Casey for a long, long time. I'm also sure it's just second nature to them all, and has been for years. What I don't get is why? I can think of lots of original reasons (some big family secret, or just not wanting to deal with the wrath of KC, etc). But why now? She's in jail, they can walk away if she starts ranting, there's no Caylee(sadly) to hold over their heads now, and I believe JMO, that they've known that for a while. So, in the last jail videos with her (assuming they knew in their hearts Caylee was gone), why not just tick her off and let her say whatever ? Why continue to tiptoe?

I think you're right, that the've been playing the tiptoe around Casey for a long, long time. I'm also sure it's just second nature to them all, and has been for years. What I don't get is why? I can think of lots of original reasons (some big family secret, or just not wanting to deal with the wrath of KC, etc). But why now? She's in jail, they can walk away if she starts ranting, there's no Caylee(sadly) to hold over their heads now, and I believe JMO, that they've known that for a while. So, in the last jail videos with her (assuming they knew in their hearts Caylee was gone), why not just tick her off and let her say whatever ? Why continue to tiptoe?

They may have always tiptoed around Casey - I cant really say. What i suspect is the tiptoeing on the jail tapes is their fear that Casey would say something incriminating while having a hissy fit. They clearly did not want to hear the truth - and I dont think they want to hear it now either!

I agree with Duckley, the Anthony's are afraid of being incrimminated. They have likely experenced KC rath in many ways over the years.
When you think how long KC was unemployed and living with them,
how could they not know, the truth. There would have certainly been some mail coming to their home for KC, if she were working.
Just the tax infomation for all the years she claimed to be working would have been seen by them at sometime. The family has lived
with these lies so long, it is the norm for their reality.

In some families everyone, except the one in control, live in fear
that they will be killed by that family member or that the person will leave forever. This is an enormous emotional
burden on the family members. Some relationships are
based on love/hate. That is often why the rest of the family stay in this situation. Toxic love is not food for the soul but rather distruction.

Mind Student

It is a discovery deposition. The attorney doesn't waive the objection but lets the client answer, stating for the record that come trial testimony, that objection, and the answer to the question, is to be determined by a judge.

In other words, the question and answer may or may not come into the trial record depending on the judges ruling at the time of trial.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Lee Anthony Depo.pdf
P133

8 And how had a came up was I was tracking down all of Casey's like photo websites and she has like three or four of them that she was on.
And one of them was brought to my attention.
11 And I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the password is because I wanted to go in there and delete her account, 'cause at that point everybody was sensationalizing it, the media and it was out of hand, and I was trying to get that stuff out of there.

I have read both threads and could find little discussion on this snippet from Lee's deposition. It raised a couple of questions for me.
1. WHO brought one of the accounts to Lee's attention?
2. When was this particular photo website of KC's brought to his attention?
3. When did he try to delete and get that stuff out of there?
Lee claims he tried to access the site(s) because of the sensationalizing and the media out of hand. The media didn't even know of Caylee until July 16, and was quite a while after that before the media got "out of hand". So it couldn't have been the night of July 15 that he tried to delete the images, at least for that reason.
Is he just using the media as his excuse for attempted tampering with KC's passworded accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV