2009.03.02 - Motion Hearing (Casey Tries to Halt Release of Evidence)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a paralegal for 13 years - in all that time, i have never.ever. seen such ineffective counsel as JB. Especially in a 1st degree murder case. It just baffles the hell out of me. He is more of an embarrassment than any of those photos, I can pretty much guarantee.

LOL. The panelist on HLN right now just said JB is not really a up to par defense attorney. He doesn't know when to stay to facts and when to argue correctly.

object to characterization of 'conspiracy'
medical staff always on stand-by

OH NO, not the conspiracy theroy!!!

OMG, HLN is ragging JB big time! They are wondering what the filtered and unfiltered means.

They state JB is basically asking Strickland to not allow the release of the pics because they are really, really bad!

going to stay the release of video till jose sees it

Strickland - JB should at least see the video

Release stayed - on release of video

stay ending that they have a duty to release video after being released to jb. jb refused the video when offered before to have the video

SA LDB already offered JB a copy. JB didn't want it because then it is public record.

Prosecution offered it, Baez didn't want it because he argued it would be a matter of public record ...

He want's to see it? He doesn't want to see it?

JB seems Very nervous! He really wants to delay a video, that he has not himself seen? Maybe, the description of her reaction was wrong or it makes her look like the "victim" she needs to be seen as...What kind of lawyer is this guy?....Don't answer that:)

Why didn't Baez just ask for?? Ohhh, States Atty asked Baez if he wanted it and he said no, because once they give it - it becomes public record. Then Baez says he'll wait 15 days.....what a tool...you want it...but you don't want it to be public.

he wants 20 days to object to video release after seeing it

Quick question. Can the judge have Baez replaced because he thinks Baez is ineffective?
No, because even that could be an appeal issue. A judge has to let the client freely choose their counsel, including if they choose to represent themselves. A judge can require an attorney to sit second chair if a client chooses to represent themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc