2009.03.02 - Motion Hearing (Casey Tries to Halt Release of Evidence)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a completely different impression. IIRC, it was said that prisoners are taken to the medical area when "news is coming" (sorry, I can't remember who said that or when). There are always cameras there, though.

I just LOOOOOVE how the defense's only strategy is to take the "us against the world" approach...:rolleyes:

wow i dont know where i got my info.
must have been a spacey night.
i just assumed that the taping was arbitrary, but

according to this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80034

"WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing reported Thursday that Casey Anthony was purposefully taken to a jail nurse's station in December and seated where she could see breaking news coverage on TV about the child's remains. A video camera documented her reaction, a source said."

but..... now i am wondering, why would they do this? no one knew for sure this was caylee, even though we all thought it was. what forethought on the part of whomever initiated this filming, not even being sure it was little caylee's remains.

I think you're discussing the fact that JB WANTED to be the one to break the news to KC. I distinctly remember him whining that he wasn't able to get to her first.

Also, I think everyone(not you in particular CW) is confusing the fact that when the remains were found there was no positive ID that is was indeed Caylee. At the time it was said to be the remains of a child, period. When Caylee was positively ID'd I believe the Chaplain at the jail told KC. This is what JB was whining about although it's simple procedure that a jail chaplain breaks the news to inmates regarding death.

JMO

I have a vague memory (getting old sucks) of Casey refusing to see the Chaplain.

I would like to know the order of events as well. If they delayed JB's visit so they could film her viewing it on TV maybe he has a complaint. But if that's jail policy to send them to the medical unit, too bad. No special treatment. I just hope the jail did everything 'by the book' so to speak because Baez is going to try and get her off on some silly technicality.

JMO, but I could tell by the way he stated his timelines that he was possibly foc. "I stood for 5 minutes...I stood for 4 minutes...I stood for 10-15 minutes..."

I think he beat feet to the jail when he received that call from OCSO so he could prevent them from notifying her or showing her the recovery effort without him. The ship had sailed. FWIW, I thought when he said she asked for her attorney it was a bald face lie...again JMO.

according to this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80034

"WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing reported Thursday that Casey Anthony was purposefully taken to a jail nurse's station in December and seated where she could see breaking news coverage on TV about the child's remains. A video camera documented her reaction, a source said."

but..... now i am wondering, why would they do this? no one knew for sure this was caylee, even though we all thought it was. what forethought on the part of whomever initiated this filming, not even being sure it was little caylee's remains.

According to the jail, the waiting area in sick bay is always monitored. In fact, the original tape had taped over itself. He said that the only areas not in camera range are the counselors offices, IIRC.

It's not you. Conflicting reports abound. :)
IIRC, the televised search at JBP was on for her to see and she didn't even bat an eyelash. I'm getting the impression that there are TVs all over the jail...
I honestly don't think it was something done maliciously. It makes perfect sense, IMO, to take a prisoner to a "safe area" when a bomb is about to drop...for everyone's safety.

JMO, but I could tell by the way he stated his timelines that he was possibly foc. "I stood for 5 minutes...I stood for 4 minutes...I stood for 10-15 minutes..."

I think he beat feet to the jail when he received that call from OCSO so he could prevent them from notifying her or showing her the recovery effort without him. The ship had sailed. FWIW, I thought when he said she asked for her attorney it was a bald face lie...again JMO.

:highfive:

You are so right in all said here. WOW!

I would like to know the order of events as well. If they delayed JB's visit so they could film her viewing it on TV maybe he has a complaint. But if that's jail policy to send them to the medical unit, too bad. No special treatment. I just hope the jail did everything 'by the book' so to speak because Baez is going to try and get her off on some silly technicality.
I see no connection. Not to worry.

Gosh, I wish I had a contact at one of the news stations to find out WHEN they are going to release the rest of the photos, not to mention the 1000 page doc-dump!

This waiting in anticipation is hard on an old bird like me!

Gosh, I wish I had a contact at one of the news stations to find out WHEN they are going to release the rest of the photos, not to mention the 1000 page doc-dump!

They've been talking about the pics all day. Has anyone emailed the media to see when they'd be posted?

They've been talking about the pics all day. Has anyone emailed the media to see when they'd be posted?

I think the new pics are part of the doc dump we're all waiting for, which hasn't been released to the media yet. It seems now to be held up by a motion filed by BC to keep George's suicide note from being released.

OH ME. I am a very old woman and I don't know if I can keep up with all that is coming out next. I have a hard time keeping up with 3-4 threads going at once and they are fixing to kill me here. For health sake, I have decided to try to keep up with ya'll. It really gets to moving after a doc dump. Whew. Gittin scared here.

I lub you smart and fast peeps here. Ya'll are so smart---fast---selfless---awesome just awesome.

I think the new pics are part of the doc dump we're all waiting for, which hasn't been released to the media yet. It seems now to be held up by a motion filed by BC to keep George's suicide note from being released.
Is anybody keeping score on JB's motions?

How many filed?

How many upheld?

I am biased against him, but FEEL it is a very low batting average?

I think as long as the jail personnel didn't question/interview/interrogate her, it really doesn't matter. She has a right to an attorney during questioning, but I don't think she has a right to an attorney "on demand". The judge even asked JB to clarify whether he was implying that they questioned her, and he said no. So the only "wrong" that was done here is... JB got his panties in a bunch! :boohoo:

I admit I haven't been following this case closely lately. It just became too overwhelming. But I just looked at some of the pics again and realized that she looked rather 'butch' in some of the pictures particularly when pictured with a girl with a tongue piercing. This girl later shows up as 'the girlfriend'. Then it's almost as if she morphs into a very feminine girly girl. Did anyone else pick up on this and is there more to this story that we know?

She's like the terminator guys that morph. She just morphs into whoever is standing right in front of her, if girlfriend is butch, then she is butch; if body guards around her, then she's a body guard too; if lawyers, then she's a paralegal; if woman at Target, she dawns red shirt; if LA, then she's LA; if Tony, then Tony; if nanny with murderous axe running amock in Orlando, then so too, Casey.

Does anyone know how many times it took Baez to pass the bar? Has anyone dug that up? If he took it right out of law school, he should have been admitted within a few months. They give the test every quarter, if it took him three tries to pass, he'd be admitted probably more than a year out of law school.

She's like the terminator guys that morph. She just morphs into whoever is standing right in front of her, if girlfriend is butch, then she is butch; if body guards around her, then she's a body guard too; if lawyers, then she's a paralegal; if woman at Target, she dawns red shirt; if LA, then she's LA; if Tony, then Tony; if nanny with murderous axe running amock in Orlando, then so too, Casey.

I do believe that sums it up nicely. Best description so far IMO

Frequently seen during the hearing, BC would ask if CA was doing all right or how she was holding up. They had whispers quite a bit.

I noticed that too...but where, oh where was Dominic C?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member