2009.03.02 ~Revisit video*. Geraldo on Cummings Case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone else think that maybe Jr was coached?

It seems the Cummings were denying Jr statements.

Yes, by CS.

ETA: to borrow JustinT's word (p.2) - On this tape, CS asks Junior leading questions.

hi suspicious1. I watched the video. I am very conservative when it comes to child testimony. (especially a child so young) I am not saying that a child that age could not accurately relate what he/she may have seen in the time frame in question. But I am saying that I truly believe that a child (especially a child that age) should be interviewed by trained professionals and that they evaluate whether a child this age is relating anything of evidence. JMHO.

I can't fault Crystal, but I really wish Jr. wasn't allowed to be interviewed in that way. That's neither here nor there because Crystal was just desperate to find out what happened to Haleigh. JMHO.

Until I hear it from LE, or it is released by those that interviewed Jr. I can't take it into consideration. But that's just me and how I process info. JMHO.

As for RC doing drugs and being involved in the drug scene and using drugs himself. That came as no surprise. I, too, thought he was involved even before I had heard/seen evidence. JMHO.

As for the theory that someone from that drug scene that came into RC's home and targeted Haleigh because of a beef with RC. I have a problem reconciling it with what I have seen with activity by cartels out here in the SW.

First, I can't see that RC would be involved with a cartel at any level directly. He's just a big fish in a little pond over in Putnam Co. IMHO.

Secondly, if this were a beef with a local or regional drug supplier or dealer or end user. I truly believe that we would have not heard about a missing child. We would have read reports that a teen (babysitter) and two small children were found slaughtered (executed) in a MH in Putnam Co. But that is just my opinion.

Also, let's play devils advocate---let's say that RC did peeve off a cartel memeber--even a hinchman---that hinchman has to recieve permission to exact revenge. He needs clearance from the cartel. If he acts on his own and it the cartel is not happy with his act---he himself will be murdered. JMHO and interpretation of how the inner workings of the cartels work.

To continue with that line of thinking, I further think that if a drug cartel came into that MH. It would have been to extract Ronald. He would have been their focus and he would have been murdered. If we examine the motive of a cartel--then both children would have been taken and possibly MC too.

ETA: all of the above are just thoughts and ideas and JMHO at this point in time.

my bold above

Cartel is the word thats now popularly used to refer to any criminal narcotics related organization and cartels all have varying degree's of operation from small fry dealers to million/billion dollar cartels and any individual associated with these organizations should be considered extremely dangerous as the level of evil these individuals will go to; to enrich themselves in the drug trade underworld and there is NO limit or boundary they wouldn't break...all for the power, money, drugs, weapons etc

Guns are also usually hidden all over the house along with ample Ammo just in case of trouble.

RC in my opinion is definately a strong candidate for being involved IN/WITH a cartel.

Geraldo sure figured Ron out early in the game IMO

Just a thought, based on the latest revelations by TC that JO allegedly killed Haleigh, has it ever been looked at whether or not TC or JO had or were wearing black clothing the night Haleigh went missing? And if so, was that clothing found? :waitasec: MOO

Just a thought, based on the latest revelations by TC that JO allegedly killed Haleigh, has it ever been looked at whether or not TC or JO had or were wearing black clothing the night Haleigh went missing? And if so, was that clothing found? :waitasec: MOO

Trying to find a link stating that LE obtained a SW for clothing worn by JO that night and/or an examination of car he rode back home in, but cannot find one. I would venture LE examined both.

my bold above

Cartel is the word thats now popularly used to refer to any criminal narcotics related organization and cartels all have varying degree's of operation from small fry dealers to million/billion dollar cartels and any individual associated with these organizations should be considered extremely dangerous as the level of evil these individuals will go to; to enrich themselves in the drug trade underworld and there is NO limit or boundary they wouldn't break...all for the power, money, drugs, weapons etc

Guns are also usually hidden all over the house along with ample Ammo just in case of trouble.

RC in my opinion is definately a strong candidate for being involved IN/WITH a cartel.

Geraldo sure figured Ron out early in the game IMO

Thanks for sharing your opinion and thoughts about cartels. I would like to clarify that I was speaking specifically about mexican cartels. I wasn't using that word in a general fashion as the public may do so now.

I can't argue whether or not RC might have been involved with drug dealing on this side of the border and might have had contact with individuals at a higher level than we suspect. Could be possible. JMHO.

But I have to say in all honesty at this time. I can't put two and two together and connect him with a Mexican drug cartel.

I do understand that there are no boundries within the cartels that I referred to in my quoted post but I have to stand by my statement that although possible I think it improbable that Haleigh was solely targeted for revenge. JMHO.

I think in consideration of the Mexican cartel activity that I have witnessed in the media in the SW (where I live) and the general public term of cartel that has come into current use activities of settling beefs and scores---it would have been far more likely that every person found in the MH when they entered would have been executed. JMHO. I cant' state with confidence that the above scenario's didn't happen I'm just saying in my thought processes there are more probable scenarios.

Just my humble opinion I hope I didn't get too far off topic! :)

Trying to find a link stating that LE obtained a SW for clothing worn by JO that night and/or an examination of car he rode back home in, but cannot find one. I would venture LE examined both.
Thanks! Of course they could've changed clothes, but I just wondered if they'd been seen by anyone else (outside the family) with that type of clothing on, even on another date. MOO

Does anyone remember it being mentioned that possibly the week or weekend before H.

went missing, Misty was involved with some Mexicans/hispanics?

IF it wasn't Joe taking H. because of a gun/drug debt R. owed him, could Jr. have seen one of these hispanic persons taking H. that evening.??

Maybe that's what M. and T. are scared of, a possible gang....jmo

Why would rc deny outright that JR didn't say that? Immediately he blames Crystal. rc is about the weirdest person I ever saw. He keeps shooting himself in the foot.

IMO, Orlando acted more like a bodyguard than a friend. When you review the first few days he stayed very close to rc..

Geraldo did not know but there are many AA men tied with this family. His sister Crystal,'s x, Nay's x, misty's recent lover, jerome..I'm sure I'm missing some more.

Further adding to the confusion re the "man dressed in black" is an article referencing a man wearing a ski mask:

Snipped: (cannot find date)
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=132095&catid=295

Detectives have talked to the child. Relatives on both sides say he told police he saw a man in a ski mask come in their trailer and leave with his big sister.

"They questioned Junior. I asked them (police) about it. They couldn't tell me anything other than he's a little child. He was questioned and the story went from one thing to another and another," says Sykes.

I wonder about that to, Em. Orlando left the picture too soon, if you ask me. What friend, best friend at that, would not show support to Ron if his daughter had been "stolen"? I kinda think that Orlando found out some of the truth and got the hale out of the way.

Bold by me....No offense, but maybe a man with a good life and perhaps a family that he doesn't want subjected to public opinion and ridicule. Anyone that publicly offered support to Ronald C has been put under the microscope or accused of wrong doing. That is a fact.

I've been thinking about those squeaky shoes. Couldn't that mean the shoes were wet?

The question would be when did Jr hear those squeaky shoes? According to Misty, he was up when she went to bed. She did not get up with him and put him back down with her. If that's the case, Jr would have done more than hear the shoes; he'd have seen the shoe wearer.

If Misty's other story is true (that she and Jr huddled under the blankets in fear while whatever was happening to Haleigh went down), I can't imagine he'd be able to hear shoes over the screams Misty describes.

So when did Jr hear those shoes, or is this simply a story he was given and relayed to his mother, who then got slammed by people for believing what her child told her, accused of actually coaching him?

We'll probably never know.

I've been thinking about those squeaky shoes. Couldn't that mean the shoes were wet?

I have thought about that often. Matter of a fact I think Bern and I were discussing why the shoes would have been squeaky in a different thread. I think it was Bern.

The problem with it being revenge against Ron is that Haleigh's body would have been found long before now. A missing child gets too many people involved searching. A dead child only LE is involved. They would want the case to die down, not keep going on and on and on.

As far as Junior, he seemed to say whatever he thought they wanted him to say. I was more suprised that Junior was almost 4 years old and not talkative.

IMO, Junior does not have the verbal skills to be a credible witness.

Either wet shoes or new ones. Carpet in all rooms of the MH?

From the walk through that was shown on a NG show, IIRC the rooms that were shown did have wall to wall carpet. With the exception of the eat in kitchen and the short hall containing the washer and dryer. If memory serves me that is :)

As for the "black man in black" theory, it could mean anything. It could be a child having a dream, or waking up to see someone in shadow, in the dark. To a sleepy child, it may not have been a clear vision. Haleigh being carried out "asleep" could be true. He thought she was sleeping. Not knowing if Misty was there the entire night is also probably true. How would he know where she was while he was sleeping? With all the talk he heard in the following days, he could have thought he saw something, his child's vivid imagination playing those pictures in his head. It's very difficult to know with a child so young.

As for Orlando, I tend to think he caught on quickly and got out of there. He may not have proof, but suspects. He also could have told his suspicions to LE. We just don't know. If he were involved in some way, I would expect him to get out of that picture rather quickly. Either way, I can't see him hanging around. Would the little boy know this man? He could have said "a man like Orlando" but he didn't which makes me wonder if it was more of a dreamlike recollection, a shadowy figure in the dark. He could also have been recalling a mixture of events, prior happenings in that home on other nights.

About the interview, I understand Crystal's desperation to find her daughter and the boy is likely the only witness with nothing to hide. It's just that he's so young and can't tell his story the way it needs to be told.

I agree with Kat about cartels. Nasty business. Doesn't appear to be a cartel hit to me, as RC said, "dope boys don't come and git your kid", blah, blah. He knows what he speaks in this instance.

From the walk through that was shown on a NG show, IIRC the rooms that were shown did have wall to wall carpet. With the exception of the eat in kitchen and the short hall containing the washer and dryer. If memory serves me that is :)

You are correct, the kitchen and laundry area wasn't carpeted.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teadoughnutsdogbanjo
Back