2009.03.02 ~Revisit video*. Geraldo on Cummings Case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bold by me....No offense, but maybe a man with a good life and perhaps a family that he doesn't want subjected to public opinion and ridicule. Anyone that publicly offered support to Ronald C has been put under the microscope or accused of wrong doing. That is a fact.

No offense, Elle..but a best friend is there through thick and thin, for better or for worse...that makes up one of the qualities in a "bestfriend". Someone you can depend on. And if he was living a good life, he shouldn't have had a problem with being under the microscope, for his bestfriend. I have a bestfriend and I know I wouldn't have left her side whether I was put under the microscope or not. One usually consider a bestfriend like family to them. So would you run away from someone in your family because you were scared you were going to be put under the mcroscope? If you love them, you wouldn't be worried about all of that....

I think Ron and Orlando were tight. But Orlando got the hale out the way a few days after all this went down with Haleigh. He probably suspected what had happened. Just like I know when my bestfriend is lying, I think Orlando knew Ron was lying too. IMO, that is the reason he left.

JMO though

No offense, Elle..but a best friend is there through thick and thin, for better or for worse...that makes up one of the qualities in a "bestfriend". Someone you can depend on. And if he was living a good life, he shouldn't have had a problem with being under the microscope, for his bestfriend. I have a bestfriend and I know I wouldn't have left her side whether I was put under the microscope or not. One usually consider a bestfriend like family to them. So would you run away from someone in your family because you were scared you were going to be put under the mcroscope? If you love them, you wouldn't be worried about all of that....

I think Ron and Orlando were tight. But Orlando got the hale out the way a few days after all this went down with Haleigh. He probably suspected what had happened. Just like I know when my bestfriend is lying, I think Orlando knew Ron was lying too. IMO, that is the reason he left.

JMO though

No I def wouldn't run away from anyone in my family when they needed me, and I wouldn't be afraid if someone decided to look at my life under a microscope. But, I don't use drugs and I don't have a history that I would be afraid of someone uncovering. I am not saying this OT is an unsavory character, I am just saying that everyone I have looked at in this case does have a history of drug use or some other sort, maybe he just didn't want to draw attention to himself in that manner, or maybe OT discovered that RC wasn't that great of a friend after all. Who knows. I can see both sides of the coin on this one.

No I def wouldn't run away from anyone in my family when they needed me, and I wouldn't be afraid if someone decided to look at my life under a microscope. But, I don't use drugs and I don't have a history that I would be afraid of someone uncovering. I am not saying this OT is an unsavory character, I am just saying that everyone I have looked at in this case does have a history of drug use or some other sort, maybe he just didn't want to draw attention to himself in that manner, or maybe OT discovered that RC wasn't that great of a friend after all. Who knows. I can see both sides of the coin on this one.

I understood your point too, Elle. :blowkiss::slap::blowkiss:

You stimulate my brain activity...LOL:dance:

In the photo of cousin J and MC hanging flyers (10 Feb 2009) the cousin is wearing Black - it appears (2 me) to be a black coat, and we know the weather is quite cool during February in Florida. IF ... he took HaLeigh in the evening hours, he could be confused as a black man with little light in the room by a child, as he is kind of dark skinned.
The "squeaky shoes" comment has always baffled me as I find that an odd comment by a child. Jr may have heard a squeaky noise (sound) AND noticed the person's shoes, therefore putting the two together in a statement. I just don't know what it all means.
- If Orlando were the one taking his sleeping Sissy away, I suspect Jr. would have mentioned him by name - he has most likely spent time with Ron and the kids and would be a known person to Jr. (JMO).

Thanks for making a thread about this video. I hadn't seen it before yesterday.

If LE didn't interview OT, I'd be very surprised!!!

I believe Jr. saw something. Was it a black man or was it someone dressed in black and in the dark he looked black? Wouldn't it be awesome if we knew what all the players were wearing that night?

I also wonder how well Jr. knew Joe O? Not that I'm convinced Joe was involved, I just wonder if Jr. knew him?

Well, we do know that Ron Cummings was wearing navy blue coveralls that he wore to work. The coveralls were taken as well as his underware by LE.

Does anyone know how old the mobile home was? Something I've tossed around in my mind in regards to the squeaky shoes, is would the floor squeak if a person was walking hard and fast across the floor?

Does anyone know how old the mobile home was? Something I've tossed around in my mind in regards to the squeaky shoes, is would the floor squeak if a person was walking hard and fast across the floor?

Lots of things might have changed in a decade I guess but a former tenant had this to say:

SATSUMA, FL -- The floor creeks, the back door sticks and makes a scraping noise, and you can feel other people walking in the house.

That's how Dr. Jessie Smallwood describes the mobile home where 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared.

Smallwood lived in it nearly a decade ago.

When we called him this morning -- 1 week since Haleigh was reported missing -- Smallwood says it "shocked" him and "chilled" him to know his old home is now at the center of a massive search that's made national headlines.

"We've been watching it on TV, and we've been saying, 'Boy, that looks so familiar,'" he recalls, "'That looks just like the house that we used to live in."

Smallwood stresses that the next owner(s) may have made upgrades to the rickety structure, but he remembers complaining often about the home to his landlord.

"If someone was even trying to creep across the house, the floor creeks," Smallwood explained by phone.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131566&provider=rss

It seems to me that Jr. would have heard the floor creaking lots of times in the months that they lived there. Would he have said that the noise came from the floor and not the shoes if any shoes tend to do that?

I've been thinking about those squeaky shoes. Couldn't that mean the shoes were wet?

i always that they were wet or trying to move something heavy across the kitchen floor....

Further adding to the confusion re the "man dressed in black" is an article referencing a man wearing a ski mask:

Snipped: (cannot find date)
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=132095&catid=295

Detectives have talked to the child. Relatives on both sides say he told police he saw a man in a ski mask come in their trailer and leave with his big sister.

"They questioned Junior. I asked them (police) about it. They couldn't tell me anything other than he's a little child. He was questioned and the story went from one thing to another and another," says Sykes.

I'm just wondering if Jr.,being four years old, from Florida and what appeared from his short video (had a limited vocabulary -at that time) would know what a ski mask was. He could know, but I question that.

I think that the question is: Does ToC know "how" to tell the truth as opposed to: Was ToC really afraid to tell the truth? In answer to the question, I say yes, he was in fear for himself because the truth would implicate himself. I don't think that he was fearful of someone else. Now MC on the other hand...

Although I'd like to hear what Junior told the police, just a few short hours after Haleigh disappeared, I can't give much credit to anything Junior may have said days, a week or even 24 hours later.

With his sister missing and everyone upset, I would imagine he heard all sorts of possible scenarios from those surrounding him as to what could have happened to his sister.

I didn't like this video and I think Geraldo's crew were wrong to film it and I think Crystal was wrong to allow it. I know they were gentle with Junior, but I just think it was wrong.

Er, Justin (above) are you in the right thread? LOL

I'm just wondering if Jr.,being four years old, from Florida and what appeared from his short video (had a limited vocabulary -at that time) would know what a ski mask was. He could know, but I question that.

I'm not sure if living in Florida has anything to do with it... I'd say it depends more on how many cop shows he watches. :) I'm a northern girl but even so I've seen far more ski masks sported by villains on security cam videos than worn for warmth.

Kids of limited vocabulary may be quite creative using the words they do know describing and referring to things they want to talk about but don't have a term for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back