2009.03.06 Nancy Grace

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't think she would have trucked it across the house to use the bathroom. I know when I wake up to go to the bathroom, I don't go across my house because by time I wake up, I really gotta go..KWIM?
If Misty thought that flushing a toilet would wake up Haleigh, then surely she would think Haleigh would wake up if someone was taking her..

I don't even turn on the lights when I make a middle of the night trip to the potty.

Hi Sunburst,

Boy O Boy , I had not even thought of that:eek:, i was thinking that due to the full moon, depending on where they are located in the house, it would shine light(i think, not sure), causing JR to see a "black man"= Shadow.

Just a thought, but i wanted to know more first. Grasping at straws...

NG is on again
I think the skylight would be in the bathroom, and the one I used to have, no way could anyone go through it..no way..
If they found a way, then they would have had to drop from the ceiling into the bathtub..that would have certainly woke someone up..
4 year old's don't like the dark..No doubt in my mind if Junior would have seen a shadow across the wall, he would have started crying to wake the adult up in the bed with him..

If there's two full baths, it doesn't make sense for Misty to leave the master bedroom and go to a bathroom on the other end of the mobile home. She would have used the one in the master bedroom.

not if she was going to smoke a cig.

I'm a smoker and sometimes if I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep I'll go downstairs to the bath off of the mud room (between the garage and kitchen like a back hall) to have a cig.

it would be away from the kids and maybe has a vent fan, just a thought.

Is anyone other than me realizing that Misty said in three seperate (or more) cases, that she noticed the door was wide open when she saw the kitchen light on and that caused her to check on Haleigh. The main door WAS NOT wide open, she told 911 that the door(meaning the screen) was "bricked" open. Well how did she see that if the main door was closed, unless someone can show me different, She didnt say the main door was open AND the screen door was "bricked". She just said the door was "bricked" out on the ramp. So that would mean the screen door. In atleast two interviews she never said both or two doors. Someone please help me with this. TY

I don't even turn on the lights when I make a middle of the night trip to the potty.

LOL I used not to as well, until I stepped on a baby oak snake laying in my bathroom floor..
Now, my light stays on...
lol

Speaking of forensic testing, in the Anthony case we saw live video of CSI workers arriving at the home multiple times, carrying out protected bags etc.... did I miss this occuring at the Cumming household? I saw detectives in a dumpster, but I have not seen or read about real forensics being collected or removed.

If the call was made at 3:30 AM and the Amber Alert was not dispatched until later in the morning- I'm thinking after 10AM if I recall correctly, all of this might have happened before the press made it out there.

The Anthony situation is different- press was waiting around like vultures for those happenings.

I think the skylight would be in the bathroom, and the one I used to have, no way could anyone go through it..no way..
If they found a way, then they would have had to drop from the ceiling into the bathtub..that would have certainly woke someone up..
4 year old's don't like the dark..No doubt in my mind if Junior would have seen a shadow across the wall, he would have started crying to wake the adult up in the bed with him..

Thanks MDO, just a thought.

I think Teresa Neves is a sympathetic gmom and surely in pain. BUT, if my child were missing, I would like to think I would put my child's well-being ahead of my own bruised ego. I am far from perfect and there could be some stones thrown my way BUT my kid comes first. He surely wasn't shy in the beginning--what changed for him? I don't buy Geraldo being the reason unless he was on to something and hit too close to hom

:clap: Especially when the child is a 5 year old depending on you to keep them safe. Really good theory on GR getting too close...:waitasec:

I have never believed an intruder came in and took Haleigh from the same room Misty was sleeping in.
I have an almost 5 year old daughter. She has fallen asleep on the floor watching tv. It is not easy to get down there get her in my arms and get back up, quietly. After seeing Haleighs mattress on the floor, this intruder story falls flat. moo

I think Teresa Neves is a sympathetic gmom and surely in pain. BUT, if my child were missing, I would like to think I would put my child's well-being ahead of my own bruised ego. I am far from perfect and there could be some stones thrown my way BUT my kid comes first. He surely wasn't shy in the beginning--what changed for him? I don't buy Geraldo being the reason unless he was on to something and hit too close to hom

I don't understand that either. I'm thinking the hard questions about his history might be one of the problems.

Another thing of note ~ head of big bed is right by doorway where perp would have to walk past to get to Haleigh's bed.

also that toddler mattress is on the floor, it wouldn't be as easy bending all the way to the floor and picking up a child with both arms. I'd think it'd be a bit difficult actually.

my knees crack/pop when I squat and lift & stand, or they took the chance of losing their balance and falling.

I did not watch NG as I simply cannot stand her - so I have not seen the tour. If you have, perhaps you can relate the skylights versus what NG showed from this in the picture at this link. The skylights are fairly good size.

http://i39.tinypic.com/345d5jq.jpg

I just had the most awful thought. Can you imagine yourself in this position: you go to bed, in the middle of the night you awake to realize that you are being carried out of your home by some monster with his hand over your mouth(or duct tape over it!) and none of your family hears this. Can you imagine the terror, can you imagine the terror Haleigh felt? OMG..... I'm sorry everyone, but I just wanted you all to realize this with me and cry with me too.

How awful. Most children are afraid of monsters in the dark anyway. Some children have night terrors around that age too.
It is a horrible thought as I believe fear is on of the worst emotions one can have. There is nothing as bad as feeling that terror. I've been so afraid before that I could taste it in my mouth. Goodness.

Bless Haleigh's heart. I hate to think that anyone can hurt a child. You know she did/does not understand why that is happening to her. Just horrible to think about.

LOL I used not to as well, until I stepped on a baby oak snake laying in my bathroom floor..
Now, my light stays on...
lol

OK MDO- I won't be peeing in the dark any more.

On that note, I have a funny story about a friend who used to do the same- until a frog jumped out of the toilet in the dark and scared the bejesus out of him............

Thanks MDO, just a thought.

I wonder if I went down and offered the sheriff a steak, if he would talk? LOL the lack of information is unbelievable..
Speaking of which..
On the firstcoastnews video where they showed the house, the reporter said that Ron was asked to let in investigators from the SA's office to look around..
WTH would they be doing there? State Attorney's bring charges right? That is puzzling to me!
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133019&catid=3&GID=tOfr0KLbei4xfBupbwr/1Umcm5CY9zvi7Yi3DzL4vDs%3D

I did not watch NG as I simply cannot stand her - so I have not seen the tour. If you have, perhaps you can relate the skylights versus what NG showed from this in the picture at this link. The skylights are fairly good size.

Raisin FWIW, I don't like to watch NG either. Doesn't she always look like she smells something bad???? LOL

Okay here is my "thoughts" I think there are way to many things that are convienant for Misty.... Not pointing fingers but I can not stop thinking about.... First they are all in the "same" bed, then Haleigh was in "another" bed.... Had a pink shirt on, didn't have a pink shirt on...... Was not sure if the door looked forced open...... Sounds like someone in a state of panic, panic for what??? Could be the shock of a child gone, or could be not sure how to answer questions correctly...... Then by seeing the layout of the trailer. Is it not a little weird that Misty first went to bed at 10:00 (a 17 year old, waiting for her boyfriend to come home....) Then woke up to use the bathroom, and chose to use the one at the other end of the trailer...... and happen to notice the light was on in the kitchen, that she could not have seen from the bedroom (according to the reporter on NG) Went back to the bedroom to then notice Haleigh was missing, but did not notice as she got up and walked pass the little girls bed.... That you would think if it was so dark would have looked to see were she was stepping making sure not to bump into or step on Haleigh....... And not to mention all this just happen to take place "shortly" before dad was due to arrive home???? Woke up & noticed at 3:00 am, right when dad gets off of work???? Lets say there was a perp, and like everyone continues to say would have had to known the family, their routine, and their home. Would it not be VERY risky to do right before dad is do to arrive home?????????? JMO again JMO

I am sorry not to mention, to this day still can not remember what haleigh was wearing.... I have 4 children and I could tell you what everyone one of them had on.... But yet she remembers all the details about the blankets... And why is Misty not showing NG the house and the steps she took??? I would think if you had nothing to hide, you would just to help clear your name...... JMO JMO

also that toddler mattress is on the floor, it wouldn't be as easy bending all the way to the floor and picking up a child with both arms. I'd think it'd be a bit difficult actually.

my knees crack/pop when I squat and lift & stand, or they took the chance of losing their balance and falling.
I had a little interruption here out in front of my house and missed the first 20 minutes of Nancy's repeat ~ which I would've like to have seen again!

Anyway, yes, I'm really having problems with the perp taking Haleigh from her bed, especially with her head toward the bedroom door.

Ronald is doing the right thing by not being in the glare of the media right now. However, every single time he is approached...he is also doing the right thing! He is begging and pleading for his child to be returned safely plus telling Haleigh how much he loves her. His focus is and has always been on Haleigh as it should be. He isn't afraid of the media. TN didn't say that at ALL!

I am sorry not to mention, to this day still can not remember what haleigh was wearing.... I have 4 children and I could tell you what everyone one of them had on.... But yet she remembers all the details about the blankets... And why is Misty not showing NG the house and the steps she took??? I would think if you had nothing to hide, you would just to help clear your name...... JMO JMO

I agree about not giving the tour herself but about the clothes my little ones will change their clothes sevseral times a day, including PJs. Typically I see what they've changed into because I've had to go yell at them for playing fashion show while they should be going to sleep. But not every parent waits for the children to be asleep before they go to bed like I do.
however, I would probably know iwhich, if any, of their other clothes were missing

Just a comment about the skylights ~ there was a full moon that night as I recall, so the rooms with skylights wouldn't be completely dark. Just my comment! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vetiversailles