2009.03.10 'Presser'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that RC and CS spoke as if they know what happened. And that very well could be because LE clued them in on evidence discovered. Or it could be because of some personal knowledge.
Yes, I agree and think that LE has definitely told them something. This could be way off base, but it almost seemed to me like CS was sending a message. Like, "Okay, this has gone on way too long. Whoever you are, Ron and I are on the same page and we're not kidding. Return our child."
I hope and pray that this is the case and that "whoever" drops her off in a safe place, alive and well.

You all sure are tough in here....Soooorrrryyyyyy.... :D
:) you'll get used to it, we all did in the beginning. It's too easy for posting to go in another direction that's being discussed elsewhere.

It had the same effect on me. Many times we've seen him exhibit not caring about other's feelings. His mother working in LE might help explain why his rap sheet is a mile long, yet he runs free. I hope Haleigh is found safe and all Ron's background is brought to the surface. Then justice can be served

I wrote of the same thing on another thread...I was furious at RC's behavior. I have come to realize that his monotone speaking may be normal for him, but his coming on acting like a 90 yr old being helped by his mom ( I also saw this on a clip when they were entering the courthouse or SO office, he was helping mom, I think), It all seems to be a big show, not in doing the right thing but "show and say" the appropriate things...RC was totally trying upstage CS He was so transparent.

Ron was totally rude during this interview, he made it seem as if it was a funeral, the camera focused on MC when they pleaded for the person to do the right thing...OHHHH there is so much on this presser that is wrong I don't know where to begin...I have watched it over and over and get madder and madder..

There is a reason for this presser and I feel we will find out real soon the outcome. It would be a miracle if Haleigh were still alive, miracles do still happen.

I respectfully disagree. I thought Ronald's behavior at the presser yesterday was terrible and disrespectful. My opinion.

But we didn't see what Crystal did.... maybe she was talking to someone
while Ron was up there....
Would it then be considered disrespecful of her?

Truth is we have no clue what he was saying and we don't know if Crystal
or anyone in her family was talking while Ron was up there!

Maybe he was saying.... "I love how Crystal is saying both "mommy
and daddy misses her"
Just sayin...

Question: In these situations, does some sort of profiler come help coach the parents on what to say or not to say? I know sometimes they say for rape or kidnap victims to keep saying things to remind the perpetrator that they have feelings and are a "real" person, so to speak.

Not to judge what anyone else does, but besides screaming and crying, I'd be on-air begging (literally) for the return of my child. I'd be saying "Drop him off in any suburb, and drive away, I don't care who you are, drop him off anywhere and tell him to count to 20 and go knock on a door" or whatever, give them (the criminal) a way out that gets me my child back. I'd offer to sell everything I own for my child back, whatever. (maybe that would be bad and prompt false calls for people demanding money even though they didn't have my child?)...

I'd be (I think, but as everyone knows, you don't know until you are in that position), but I think I'd be begging the kidnapper, and only spending a little bit of time reassuring my child to stay strong and I love him and saying things to make him a real person (in the mind of the criminal), too. But obviously if the child could get away, they would, and I also wonder if most kidnappers let the kids watch the news reports (?), so I"d probably direct most of it to the kidnapper.(?)

What Ron says doesn't seem like it would be effective to a kidnapper, so that's why I'm wondering: shouldn't a psychologist or profiler be helping them with a message that may motivate whoever took Haleigh?

One little thing that struck me about the presser was the involvement of both RC's and CS' mothers. Both RC and CS are adults and are engaged to be married. But when they went up to speak, it was their mothers who aided them. Almost seems like a competition between these two grandmothers.

I'm the mother of two adult children and I would be there for them, but I would step back and encourage them to lean on their SOs. I would do so because I respected them all as adults and would want to foster their developing little families. It seems to me that MC is not the only principal that has grown up yet. Does anyone else feel that way ? :confused:

Question: In these situations, does some sort of profiler come help coach the parents on what to say or not to say? I know sometimes they say for rape or kidnap victims to keep saying things to remind the perpetrator that they have feelings and are a "real" person, so to speak.

Not to judge what anyone else does, but besides screaming and crying, I'd be on-air begging (literally) for the return of my child. I'd be saying "Drop him off in any suburb, and drive away, I don't care who you are, drop him off anywhere and tell him to count to 20 and go knock on a door" or whatever, give them (the criminal) a way out that gets me my child back. I'd offer to sell everything I own for my child back, whatever. (maybe that would be bad and prompt false calls for people demanding money even though they didn't have my child?)...

I'd be (I think, but as everyone knows, you don't know until you are in that position), but I think I'd be begging the kidnapper, and only spending a little bit of time reassuring my child to stay strong and I love him and saying things to make him a real person (in the mind of the criminal), too. But obviously if the child could get away, they would, and I also wonder if most kidnappers let the kids watch the news reports (?), so I"d probably direct most of it to the kidnapper.(?)

What Ron says doesn't seem like it would be effective to a kidnapper, so that's why I'm wondering: shouldn't a psychologist or profiler be helping them with a message that may motivate whoever took Haleigh?

:clap::clap::clap:
Great question. I wonder if one is available and, if so, has been offered ?

It had the same effect on me. Many times we've seen him exhibit not caring about other's feelings. His mother working in LE might help explain why his rap sheet is a mile long, yet he runs free. I hope Haleigh is found safe and all Ron's background is brought to the surface. Then justice can be served

Well he was charged at some points in time, however Ron has NEVER been Convicted of any of those crimes. Also Crsytal has had her own share of "difficulties". In as much as I often hear how Ron has shown little or no respect for others feelings it has been my observation that Crystal has gone even farther by thrusting her 4 year old son in fron of national television with geraldo Rivera and I hardly believe that RC thought this was acceptable or wise. Nor have I seen RC go on national t.v. and drag out every bit of Crystal or her family's dirty deeds, arrests and laundry. Like her very own mother "rap sheet". I would think that running a drug dwelling wouldn't be the very best place for a child to be.

One little thing that struck me about the presser was the involvement of both RC's and CS' mothers. Both RC and CS are adults and are engaged to be married. But when they went up to speak, it was their mothers who aided them. Almost seems like a competition between these two grandmothers.

I'm the mother of two adult children and I would be there for them, but I would step back and encourage them to lean on their SOs. I would do so because I respected them all as adults and would want to foster their developing little families. It seems to me that MC is not the only principal that has grown up yet. Does anyone else feel that way ? :confused:

and she definitely has her own "stage mother" doesn't she? Goodness gracious.

I think I finally understand why that presser was so weird. Ron seemed to present himself in the "dog down" position. No fight, no flight, just a kind of "we'll be square if you just bring her back to us" position. Crystal is saying things that are so united "mommy and daddy love you and we want you back." If I were a profiler, (which I am far from) I would do this. It makes sense. There are enough people who believe that whoever took Haleigh is a family intimate. Someone who knew this family and was close. I will guess that it was someone related to or friend's of someone in Crystal's family. That is why she is saying that they're united. "You're not just hurting Ron here, you're hurting me. Bring her back." That is why Ron is non-aggressive (SOOOOOO different from what we have been shown of him). "I'm backin' off man, it's all cool. I ain't gonna git back atcha. What's done is done, we ain't got no bad blood between us no more." I now think neither Crystal or Ron was involved. I think both were poleaxed by this abduction.

If I were a profiler, which I'm not, this is exactly the message I would want to convey to the perp.

idk, I'm thinking the message being sent was given by the FBI agent not RC & CS.

"Do what is right"
"Do the right thing"
"Listen to your heart"
"Even if its a family member, please speak out"

but at the same time the person they were speaking to wasn't the person who has Haleigh, but someone with information about what happened to Haleigh.

Then she held up that $$ amount - as if to say.. if doing what's right isn't enough incentive, look at what we can offer you.

As far as having Ron & Crystal plead... maybe they were videotaping responses of those sitting in the chairs watching them, were they looking for specific responses??

I think I finally understand why that presser was so weird. Ron seemed to present himself in the "dog down" position. No fight, no flight, just a kind of "we'll be square if you just bring her back to us" position. Crystal is saying things that are so united "mommy and daddy love you and we want you back." If I were a profiler, (which I am far from) I would do this. It makes sense. There are enough people who believe that whoever took Haleigh is a family intimate. Someone who knew this family and was close. I will guess that it was someone related to or friend's of someone in Crystal's family. That is why she is saying that they're united. "You're not just hurting Ron here, you're hurting me. Bring her back." That is why Ron is non-aggressive (SOOOOOO different from what we have been shown of him). "I'm backin' off man, it's all cool. I ain't gonna git back atcha. What's done is done, we ain't got no bad blood between us no more." I now think neither Crystal or Ron was involved. I think both were poleaxed by this abduction.

If I were a profiler, which I'm not, this is exactly the message I would want to convey to the perp.

I agree with the intention of Ron and Crystal's statements. I am also at the point that I believe neither parent was involved. With $35,000 and a whole town up in your business, I'm not even sure this is anyone known to the family.
One month out... I disagree that LE has anything-no Haleigh, no clothing, no body, no suspect.... I am beginning to think a stranger abduction is the reason there is no link to be found. Randomness is the hardest thing to explain..

It does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member