2009.03.16 Nancy Grace Mon. night exclusive w/ Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching it now. NG is being very firm with RC tonight. She seems exasperated!

I watched the whole show and didn't see that Nancy was exasperated. I thought she remained very calm just asking Ron the questions with him answering the ones that he could.

I watched the whole show and didn't see that Nancy was exasperated. I thought she remained very calm just asking Ron the questions with him answering the ones that he could.

That's what I took from it too. I was surprised about how sensitive NG was... much more than usual. Not nearly as crass as she usually is, and with a lot of compassion. She actually let Ron be dignified.

Might well clear up the PR nightmare from the Today show fiasco.

Sounded to me like he was guarding his and his son's privacy. (The opposite of displaying him on a TV show.)

..i just found it odd that he would hesitate to answer when asked where his son was currently, ( THEN he said he was with his grandmother ) yet, when asked how "his day began and ended by NG" :

GRACE: What is your day like now, Ronald? How do you start it? How do you end it?

CUMMINGS: Kissing my son good night in the bed with me.

.........how does he kiss his son goodnight in the bed with him-----when a few minutes ago on air he said his son was staying with his grandmother ?

per: NG transcript if anyone needs it right away.....

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../16/ng.01.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=40319

Where are his tears? His daughter has only been gone a month.

If Ron was on Nancy Grace crying his head off people would have something to say about that like he was just putting on a show....he wasn't really crying...he was doing it to gain symphony. So he didn't break down crying and still there is a negative reaction.

I would guess that Ron is taking something for anxiety and it helps smooth out his emotions. Just because Ron isn't crying on Nancy Grace doesn't mean that he hasn't cried a river for his little girl.

In my opinion, RC is one COLD dude.

It's funny that two people can watch the same show and see two different things in a person. I thought that Ron was very relaxed, calm, and very nice.
He was also very respectful to Nancy.

I agree that the Miss thing is common when having been raised in the South. I still have my kids call all my friends or any adults Miss Amy, or Miss Angela, or Miss whatever their first name is. It is just a habit.

If it is a teacher, or an older adult, I have them use Mrs. then the last name.

Okay, if this doesn't bring a tear to your eye, nothing will. I was in the bedroom folding cloths and listening to NG from the livingroom TV...twins were coloring in the livingroom. I heard my 4 y/o baby say "God, can you please bring Haleigh home to her mommy & daddy?" (I walked into the livingroom and saw my baby kneeling in the livingroom floor.) she continued..."she doesn't like being with a tranger (stranger), she misses her mommy & her daddy. God can you do it? God, can you bring her home? Amen...I love you

Oh, you are so right about this little prayer bringing a tear or two. How sweet and I can see that you have taught your little ones to talk to God already. That prayer is just so precious and so sincere. God bless your little ones.

I think that Ron is just numb. I really watched him tonight. Atfirst I thought that he seemed a little defiant, but then if I were being interviewed by Nancy I would go into it being prepared to kick my *advertiser censored**. Plus I see the experts on Nancy with that same look.

Also, there was an incident where she really went for the jugular when interviewing the mother of another missing child. The mother then committed suicide. I think that the mother was guilty as sin and Nancy's questions were not unlike what I was thinking, but I think that it did look bad.

I don't know why Misty wasn't there. Maybe not up for the Nancy Grace challenge?

I was very disappointed that they did not discuss the search around the highway that was mentioned in the teaser. I haven't understood the logic behind any of the searches that LE has done. I wonder if they are doing stuff like that on purpose. Same with that televised statement the families did where Ron wore the sunglasses.

Related to that I wish that the mud slinging never happened and would just stop. I can just imagine the perp watching and thinking in his sicko head that he rescued Haleigh. Unless they find little Haleigh I wonder if LE is ever going to release what they know or think they know about her disappearance. I'd be interested to know what more seasoned Sleuths think about that.

If this hasbeen said already, sorry. What if Misty went out partying and when she got home Haleigh was awake and said she was gonna tell on her and then????????

I think that Ron is covering Misty's butt! I more than ever think this now.

I strongly disagree. I don't think that Ron would cover anything if he thought for even a second that Misty had something to do with Haleighs missing. I think if he ever finds out who took that little girl LE better have the person locked up tight because I think Ron would tear him limb from limb if he could get ahold of him. This man loves his little girl and her being missing is killing him. I can't see him ever covering for anyone involved in Haleigh's disappearance.

Bless your children, Momtective.. first and foremost. Wisdom from the mouths of babes..

Something that Nancy said tonight that has been bugging me for a long time.. Semantics... just Misty's poor use of words and the English language. I know it's "hinky" as you cool gals like to say (don't shoot me, I dig ya all)... but really.. maybe it's just a matter of poor verbiage and poor choices of words that might conflict with other people that would read what she says and take it as inconsistent.

I'm not defending anyone.. I just know that in the South, there is a way of telling a story,... It has all the facts, but all the details might be changed or left behind, for the sake of the story. It's a cultural thing that might not translate well to HLN or other public news outlets.

Unless Misty is covering something nefarious, she's telling her story as she knows it.. small details.. the ones we scour over mean nothing to her... and it probably confuses the kid.

If I'm wrong... fine... but I have this funny feeling that Misty doesn't really understand why her inconsistent statements have such an impact.

Sorry.. it's late, and I'm half asleep....

My point is that there is a serious language barrier/ culture barrier going on...You can't take everything those kids say and equate it to what you know in your own world.. It's just not the same thing.

Sincerely,

Issi

snip
I'm glad he is keeping this all about Haleigh.

Not to disagree with your post, but this catchphrase bugs me slightly, and I have now pinned it down why. If it's all about Haleigh and other people's private affairs are being kept out of it, fine. Fine for those who are innocent. But maybe some of them aren't, maybe their private affairs have something to do with why Haleigh is missing and where she is now. I presume that Haleigh did not wander off on her own and other people are involved, so this case is not going to be cracked by just looking at photos of Haleigh and telling the cameras that it would be nice if she came home.

Does anyone remember the interview with Ron and Misty on Greta where Ron claimed he redrilled the deadbolt hole off center to make it hard to open? I wonder if he did the front door the same way?
Could you dig up a link for that? I'd be very grateful.

I don't make a habit of watching Greta, and I have some questions about the deadbolt placement.

Ron says the previous tenants (Reverend's parents) "deceased in the home."

Wouldn't that have made the cadaver dogs alert in the house? How long does it linger? Or do they have to be in contact with furniture, bedding or something that was in direct contact with the body?

I don't know why Misty wasn't there. Maybe not up for the Nancy Grace challenge?

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept her under wraps for a while; it can't be pleasant or helpful for them to have her in interviews to walk through the events to clarify previous inconsistencies, and have her come up with new ones.

.........how does he kiss his son goodnight in the bed with him-----when a few minutes ago on air he said his son was staying with his grandmother ?

I suppose that's where RC's staying too when he's not off on a talkshow round, or he spends the day with JR until he goes to sleep and then goes to wherever he's staying. I don't know; probably he wouldn't like to sleep away from JR with Haleigh still missing.

2. Only 2-3 mins prior to the question, didn't she state that his marriage to a minor, etc, was a whole new kettle of fish to fry, and the focus should be on finding Haleigh? Then she turns right around and brings up questions about his marriage and dating teenagers in the past....which has nothing to do with finding Haleigh.

I don't see how we can be sure that his marriage to the minor has nothing to do with it, given that the said minor is the last one to see Haleigh alive. Supposing they're both innocent of whatever happened to Haleigh, it really is not helpful to fixate on this issue, but supposing they're not, their relationship might be relevant to the motives and as such it needs to be addressed. Perhaps not by NG but certainly by the LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487