2009.03.25 - Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If someone took your child and said if you don't pay me $$ within 30 days I will kill her and if you tell the police I will kill her. What would you do? just curious?

If someone followed through with their threat to you and murdered your precious child, tell me, would you sit in jail protecting their identity when everything that matters most to you is already lost? :bang:

Baez was asked if he was surprised at the judges reaction at the end of the hearing and Baez asnwered," I don't think I should reply on his temper tantrums.."

OMG-------->Talkin about the Judge's temper tantrums???????????

I just don't understand why KC would hire JB. He has only tried on other case and he LOST?!?!? What is she thinking? I by no means am defending her or anything, I just don't understand why she would hire someone so inexperienced. I keep coming back to the thought that she is going to try to get a mistrial somehow because of him.

:balloons::Welcome-12-june::balloons:

I think somebody from "above" sent JB to KC.

And I don't mean God.

When Strickland said "this is getting old, I'm getting sick of it" do you think he was addressing that at JB or both JB and Ashton?

I believe he was addressing both. I'm on Ashton's side, of course, but he needs to let the petty stuff slide.

I really wish a reporter would ask them when/if they ever intend on going back to work. Also, how are they paying their mortgage, food, living expenses, etc with no job?

IIRC, Lee A. moved out of his nearby rental house and into the Anthony home reportedly to save on expenses. Not sure how that's working out for him ... e.g. is he paying "room and board" ... but I do believe he is gainfully employed.

Baez was asked if he was surprised at the judges reaction at the end of the hearing and Baez asnwered," I don't think I should reply on his temper tantrums.."

I think someone misunderstood. Baez was not referring to Judge Strickland. He was referring to Ashton when he made that comment.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...y-case--9.html
"That comment left prosecutor Jeff Ashton hot under the collar," WESH's Amanda Ober said.
Baez later told reporters, "I don't think I could comment on his temper tantrums."

Personally I have no doubt the identity of the person or persons who funded accused murderer Casey Anthony's defense will eventually come to light.

Jose's request to the Judge that the in camera discussions be ruled private so as to prevent leaks was just a jab and a taunt to SA, in my opinion. Completely unnecessary and everyone knows it, especially the Judge. Middle school behaviour, like Mean Girls. The snarky smirk clearly caught in pictures now released do not make him look good. Very unprofessional. And Casey obviously feeds on it, thinking it proves she's right and everyone else has it wrong. She thinks it is funny and doesn't seem to realize that her entire future is on the line and there is nothing funny about any of it. I am not surprised that SA reacted to it this time, but I bet they won't again. They now know unprofessional behaviour is the name of the game.

Whatever happened to shaking hands after a hearing in the hall? JB doesn't seem to realize that this isn't personal!! It is a job. Does he get that he is shooting himself in the foot with his behaviours and accusations. He will forever be "well-known" in the District Attorney's office, and he won't ever be cut any leeway on anything. And please don't misunderstand what I am saying, he won't be "well-known" because he is an excellent attorney causing SA to be apprehesive when prosecuting against him, but "well-known" for his dirty shark attacks in court. (Opps, I meant snark attacks.)

Wish I could! I'll pick a better seat next time.

Here are some observations from notes I took during the hearing:

Different courtroom, maybe because of the short notice?
Baez & Garcia arrived at 10:15, I went in the courtroom then and Casey was already in there at 10:20.

Took a seat, then George & Cindy came in a couple minutes later and sat right by me. Uggg, that means I'll be in the zooms on them....

KC did NOT look at her parents AT ALL during the hearing, she did give them an extremely brief glance when leaving, wasn't really smiling or anything tho. I actually thought she looked kind of upset when leaving.

Cindy chewed gum throughout the hearing (Courtroom decorum rules, posted right outside the courtroom, say NO GUM. #15). She also texted a bunch, and her and George held hands quite a bit.

Near the beginning, Judge Strickland says to the SA "How do you know they're not working for free?" and Cindy says - loud enough for those around her to hear - "That's right!"
I resisted the temptation to tell her that as an Orange County taxpayer, we DO NOT want to pay for a second trial because of something like this, and it DOES need to be determined by the judge.

On the way back in from the in camera meeting, KC looked almost ready to cry. Did not look at her parents (or anybody in the seats). You could hear her chains clinking throughout the courtroom. heh

REALLY wish I would have been closer at the end to hear what it was that Baez said to Ashton that made him erupt. Very unprofessional conduct on Baez's part, in my opinion. He has broken the Courtroom Decorum Policy a number of times, a number of ways. I don't think he has even read it! I see at least 5 out of 16 that he has violated.

Afterwards, Baez met with George & Cindy for a few minutes out in the hallway, they had to move away from all the reporters that were crowding around.

I might have a couple comments over in the Parking Lot thread, for those of you interested.... :)[/quote

Feeling kind of dumb, but how do i get to the parking lot?

If someone took your child and said if you don't pay me $$ within 30 days I will kill her and if you tell the police I will kill her. What would you do? just curious?

Party at Fusion, of course!! :rolleyes:

Jose's request to the Judge that the in camera discussions be ruled private so as to prevent leaks was just a jab and a taunt to SA, in my opinion. Completely unnecessary and everyone knows it, especially the Judge. Middle school behaviour, like Mean Girls. The snarky smirk clearly caught in pictures now released do not make him look good. Very unprofessional. And Casey obviously feeds on it, thinking it proves she's right and everyone else has it wrong. She thinks it is funny and doesn't seem to realize that her entire future is on the line and there is nothing funny about any of it. I am not surprised that SA reacted to it this time, but I bet they won't again. They now know unprofessional behaviour is the name of the game.

Whatever happened to shaking hands after a hearing in the hall? JB doesn't seem to realize that this isn't personal!! It is a job. Does he get that he is shooting himself in the foot with his behaviours and accusations. He will forever be "well-known" in the District Attorney's office, and he won't ever be cut any leeway on anything. And please don't misunderstand what I am saying, he won't be "well-known" because he is an excellent attorney causing SA to be apprehesive when prosecuting against him, but "well-known" for his dirty shark attacks in court. (Opps, I meant snark attacks.)

He's a jerk

I think someone misunderstood. Baez was not referring to Judge Strickland. He was referring to Ashton when he made that comment.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...y-case--9.html
"That comment left prosecutor Jeff Ashton hot under the collar," WESH's Amanda Ober said.
Baez later told reporters, "I don't think I could comment on his temper tantrums."

Whichever, he's still an idiot for saying it and that stupid little boy smirk? Looks like Casey found herself a George!

This picture is the most telling to me. Just look at that smirk on JB's face. I am normally a calm person, but if I were the SA I would probably lose my cool at his smugness too.

This is right after he asked the judge to remind the SA about ethics. He sure looks worried about it doesn't he? He looks more like a little kid who just told on his big brother for something. Nah,na, nah, na, naaa, naaa.http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/032509anthonyhearing/1/lg/41.htm

Bold is mine-
Yup!

If someone followed through with their threat to you and murdered your precious child, tell me, would you sit in jail protecting their identity when everything that matters most to you is already lost? :bang:

:clap::clap:
That's what I say

Interesting Atlanta PI. You get to the Parking lot by going to the main page where all the forums are listed. You will see one with that title on it. Just click on it.

Wish I could! I'll pick a better seat next time.

Here are some observations from notes I took during the hearing:

Different courtroom, maybe because of the short notice?
Baez & Garcia arrived at 10:15, I went in the courtroom then and Casey was already in there at 10:20.

Took a seat, then George & Cindy came in a couple minutes later and sat right by me. Uggg, that means I'll be in the zooms on them....

KC did NOT look at her parents AT ALL during the hearing, she did give them an extremely brief glance when leaving, wasn't really smiling or anything tho. I actually thought she looked kind of upset when leaving.

Cindy chewed gum throughout the hearing (Courtroom decorum rules, posted right outside the courtroom, say NO GUM. #15). She also texted a bunch, and her and George held hands quite a bit.

Near the beginning, Judge Strickland says to the SA "How do you know they're not working for free?" and Cindy says - loud enough for those around her to hear - "That's right!"
I resisted the temptation to tell her that as an Orange County taxpayer, we DO NOT want to pay for a second trial because of something like this, and it DOES need to be determined by the judge.

On the way back in from the in camera meeting, KC looked almost ready to cry. Did not look at her parents (or anybody in the seats). You could hear her chains clinking throughout the courtroom. heh

REALLY wish I would have been closer at the end to hear what it was that Baez said to Ashton that made him erupt. Very unprofessional conduct on Baez's part, in my opinion. He has broken the Courtroom Decorum Policy a number of times, a number of ways. I don't think he has even read it! I see at least 5 out of 16 that he has violated.

Afterwards, Baez met with George & Cindy for a few minutes out in the hallway, they had to move away from all the reporters that were crowding around.

I might have a couple comments over in the Parking Lot thread, for those of you interested.... :)[/quote

Feeling kind of dumb, but how do i get to the parking lot?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ribut1932
Back