Votes: 481 90.2%
  • NO

Votes: 52 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mamabear,

I suspect this is just another player making a quick buck. If you google her married name, you will easily find the document where her nursing license was revoked in 2003 for what it sounds like is some type of addiction problem (future sobriety is mentioned should she wish to to try to gain her license back).

A quick check of the OC Clerk of Court website under same married name, shows she was arrested in 2005 for a crime committed in 2004 for basically the same charges as KC involving Amy's checks. This woman uttered someone else's checks for quite a bit of money (in the thousands) and was ordered to pay restitution to her victim (on top of jail time, etc).

The court documents are continuous from the time of arrest to current. She was jailed again in April of 2009 for violation of her probation. Mental health is also mentioned in two documents, one in 2008 and one in 2009.

Go back and rewatch the video on Radaronline. When she describes the "scene" with KC with such vivid details, I now believe that she was describing a scenario that happened to HER, but she saw an opportunity to use KC to make some quick money. (Notice how she gives such profound details about the "couch" and number of attendants, etc.) I also doubt that the jail psych section is set up to viewable by other inmates.

Her credibility seems questionable and I wish I could say I am surprised that the Enquirer and Radaronline did not take the 3 minutes it took me to find this (but they probably did...and $$$ again overruled logic.)

You are probably right about her just looking to make a quick buck. But her actual background does lend a little creedence to how she could have been a witness to KC's reaction or antics. Remember she was a licensed RN prior to her issues with substance abuse and the law. In most prison systems she would have been put to work in the medical facilities, so she would have had access to seeing medical and psych patients, and what went down with them. If this went down in a psych holding area (which is what the descriptions sort of imply with the "bed not really a bed" type suff, then it is plausible that she could have witnessed it.

I agree that it sounds highly embelished. But KC going off in anger and rage about the DP being brought back in, I have no trouble believing that. She would view it as a personal betrayal, after all they said they wouldn't, etc. Plus remember she is Cindy's daughter, so Cindy like behavior is not unexpected.

Remember she was a licensed RN prior to her issues with substance abuse and the law. In most prison systems she would have been put to work in the medical facilities, so she would have had access to seeing medical and psych patients, and what went down with them.

Actually, she was licensed in the state of Florida in 1998, and the investigation concerning her stealing and tampering with drug vials at her current place of emplyment began in 2003. During the investigation, it was discovered that she had actually been accused of the same offense at her last three employers and had been terminated. She tried to evade the investigation and eventually agreed to a Voluntary Revocation (permanent) of her license in lieu of the prosecutor office from filing charges. In this permanent revocation document, she agrees that she will never reapply for licensing in the state of Florida.

I don't think someone with this history in the medical field would be allowed to work in a medical facility at the jail. At least in 2004, she had a pretty extensive drug problem. She was stealing pain medications for herself instead of administering them to the patients they were ordered for (including a man dying of leukemia), and was also tapping into morphine vials and resealing them with scotch tape (?).

And to add....

After her legal troubles with Orange County in 2005, then jumping bail, she apparently went back to Hawaii, where she applied for her nursing license. That license was revoked by the state of Hawaii in March of 2009, and as we now know, she was rearrested for violation of probation in OC in April of 2009 stemming from the original charges of 2005.

Which of course, brings up her truthfulness. I seriously doubt that when applying for a license in Hawaii, she disclosed that her license in Florida was revoked for life due to drug violations. Don't think Hawaii would be willing to look the other way....

Mamabear,

I suspect this is just another player making a quick buck. If you google her married name, you will easily find the document where her nursing license was revoked in 2003 for what it sounds like is some type of addiction problem (future sobriety is mentioned should she wish to to try to gain her license back).

A quick check of the OC Clerk of Court website under same married name, shows she was arrested in 2005 for a crime committed in 2004 for basically the same charges as KC involving Amy's checks. This woman uttered someone else's checks for quite a bit of money (in the thousands) and was ordered to pay restitution to her victim (on top of jail time, etc).

The court documents are continuous from the time of arrest to current. She was jailed again in April of 2009 for violation of her probation. Mental health is also mentioned in two documents, one in 2008 and one in 2009.

Go back and rewatch the video on Radaronline. When she describes the "scene" with KC with such vivid details, I now believe that she was describing a scenario that happened to HER, but she saw an opportunity to use KC to make some quick money. (Notice how she gives such profound details about the "couch" and number of attendants, etc.) I also doubt that the jail psych section is set up to viewable by other inmates.

Her credibility seems questionable and I wish I could say I am surprised that the Enquirer and Radaronline did not take the 3 minutes it took me to find this (but they probably did...and $$$ again overruled logic.)

As soon as I heard her say that the jail nurses were LPNs not RNs I turned to my brother and said, "She must be a registered nurse." It's usually a registered nurse that makes this distinction.

And to add....

After her legal troubles with Orange County in 2005, then jumping bail, she apparently went back to Hawaii, where she applied for her nursing license. That license was revoked by the state of Hawaii in March of 2009, and as we now know, she was rearrested for violation of probation in OC in April of 2009 stemming from the original charges of 2005.

Which of course, brings up her truthfulness. I seriously doubt that when applying for a license in Hawaii, she disclosed that her license in Florida was revoked for life due to drug violations. Don't think Hawaii would be willing to look the other way....

AND to add to all that...
I would not believe one word coming out of her.

bold red mine - FWIW an OD is definitely not ruled out, if it was a one time thing it certainly would not be in the hair, it would be in tissue which was all gone. No results on hair only means it wasnt an ongoing thing.

(I think she was smothered as well but d@mn if I can figure out why then use duct tape)

Late catchin up on this discussion...I feel really stupid now, because I've been pointing out all along that hair, nails, and bone would NOT reflect drugs used at or around the time of death, simply because these things grow so slowly. Quite true.

But shgrbkr, let me ask you. Since it is DP and the Jury will be chosen---knowing that it is DP will they have these same thought you just stated? Gosh! Don't know if I put that right. OK----when you are chosen for a DP trial---it is to late and say you decided you can't put her to death. Right? Or am I still gittin it wrong?

Now I'M confused :waitasec: I suppose I was just debating in my head what it is that makes the SA office so confident. I totally think KC is guilty, but I think she's gonna end up with LWOP.

I agree that KC will carve out a life for herself in prison. I think she'll go on inside the fence just fine. She'll make a few friends, probably people she can manipulate fairly easily. She'll have whatever comforts her fans and family can pay for. I think she'll have a bumpy road at first, but then things will smooth out.

That said, I'm tired of hearing people on TV say CA/GA are afraid of "losing their daughter." Gimme a break! They aren't losing her. She may go to jail forever, but they'll get to visit her, talk to her.... Even if KC got the DP, she's got a lotta years left to go before it would finally come to pass. She'll have her life.

Poor little Caylee never got the chance to live hers.

ok, my second post haha. I have been following for a long time, since end of July 2008, and I have to say I have been on many juries, i wonder sometimes if i am the only one in the jury pool here, but juries are very strange, what I have seen you try real hard to not find the defendand guilty.

Sounds reasonable to look for "Reasonable Doubt". Hafta give the guilty scum a chance before you hangem.

Since the motions for the death penalty are coming up I enjoy looking at what we were discussing a year ago. How amazing is it that WS has already dissected the reasons why the DP should be in place in addition to what we know now compared to one year ago. If this should not have been bumped, sorry. I like looking back at the progression of this case.

Today, JBP ruled that the Death Penalty will remain an option if Casey is found guilty of murder in the 1st degree, in taking the life of her daughter, Caylee.

"JUDGE REFUSES TO RULE OUT THE DEATH PENALTY FOR ACCUSED CHILD KILLER." (In Session breaking news)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member