2009.04.13 State To Seek Death Penalty For Casey Anthony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many of us expected that this would be coming.
Makes perfect sense to me, given the evidence that we're privy to, which I doubt is everything.

All I can say is "Wow". This is music to my ears. I honestly would not like to sit on a jury where the death penalty is the punishment but if anyone deserves this, she does. She is one rotten miscreant.

Some kind of forensic testing must have come back sealing her coffin (literally).

Wow!!!

Well, she will need someone who is officially death-penalty qualified under Florida law. I believe when this was first discussed it was found that JB is not?

My bold

You are correct, JB is NOT. I wonder if TL will be able to do it still after all the blogging? :slap: I'd stay away from him and find someone else if it was me.

OH WOW ! Maybe this will finally wipe that smart-a$$ smug look off her face!

OTH, supposed 1 juror does hold out? would the only choices be (1) guilty via dealth penalty or (2) not guilty????

that makes me queasy.

guess the As will have lots to talk about on Oprah NOW!
:loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser:

Some evidence came back to change the SA's opinion on this case. Be prepared to hear some horrible evidence.

And for some who think this changes the case, it doesn't. The case will be tried in the exact same way as in a non death penalty case. The jury selction process will be altered for sure but the case itself will not change. Only jury selection and, if convicted, the sentancing phase will change.

WOW!!!

Anyone else get the feeling that an important test of some kind just came back to lead them to aggrevating circumstances??

Is it possible this is a tactic to get KC and Baez to rethink her plea and defense (Re: Zanny the Nanny did it)? I'll keep my opinions on the death penalty to myself.

OH WOW ! Maybe this will finally wipe that smart-a$$ smug look off her face!

OTH, supposed 1 juror does hold out? would the only choices be (1) guilty via dealth penalty or (2) not guilty????

that makes me queasy.

guess the As will have lots to talk about on Oprah NOW!
:loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser:

The sentance won't be even mentioned until AFTER conviction. It will be handled in a separate "trial" if you will. This does change the jury pool. This is a good move folks. Jurors who are ok with imposing the death penalty (because they will have to be if seated on this case) will NOT buy the crap the defense is trying to sell.

Hard to imagine anything worse than we already have read, but the evidence HAS to be really damning. Not surprised it is back on tho.

well, we knew everything wasn't back in from being tested and/or hadn't been released to the gen. public, AND since it appears Jbaez may be leaving the case, seems the SA felt the need to go ahead and give their notice sooner, rather than later.

All I can say is thank you ! I think it's a good idea, because the jury will have to be DP qualified, meaning to qualify to be a juror, in this case, they will have to say that YES, they can vote guilty if the DP is involved, in other words don't have a problem with the DP. This will most likely make up a more conservative jury, right off the bat, the more conservative, the more likely they will return a guilty verdict, IMO.

WOW!!!

Anyone else get the feeling that an important test of some kind just came back to lead them to aggrevating circumstances??

This is what I'm thinking. Perhaps the toxicology on Caylee? I don't remember that we've heard anything about that yet.

Maybe we'll see some straight talking now that this has happened.

If this lot don't start 'fessing up now there's no hope for KC - or anyone of them

I'm dreamin' aren't I?:doh:

Is it possible this is a tactic to get KC and Baez to rethink her plea and defense? I'll keep my opinions on the death penalty to myself.
Though anything is possible, I rather doubt it. I think the SA has other damning evidence we still haven't seen yet, (though I think they already have enough with what I've seen...)

well, we knew everything wasn't back in from being tested and/or hadn't been released to the gen. public, AND since it appears Jbaez may be leaving the case, seems the SA felt the need to go ahead and give their notice sooner, rather than later.

Chez-

You think JB will completely withdraw? I think he'll stay on. Obviously he can no longer be lead which will KILL him I'm sure.

Some evidence came back to change the SA's opinion on this case. Be prepared to hear some horrible evidence.

And for some who think this changes the case, it doesn't. The case will be tried in the exact same way as in a non death penalty case. The jury selction process will be altered for sure but the case itself will not change. Only jury selection and, if convicted, the sentancing phase will change.

Do you know this for sure? What do you think they have?

I am against the DP but I just want to know they have a smoking gun!

I also hope that KC will confess now that the stakes are higher.

Wonder what the aggravating circumstances were, that the heart sticker couldn't mitigate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member