2009.04.22 & 2009.04.23 GA & CA Excl. Intvw: CBS The Early Show (Inc. Outtakes)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<respectfully snipped for length>

Another question that needs to be answered is how the Anthonys have been able to afford to quit working? Prior to this case becoming a national headline on July 15, 2008, the Anthonys were in debt. Now neither GA or CA needs to work.

If the purpose of the Anthonys new foundation is to provide a source of income so GA and CA don't have to work at bonefide jobs, then it's not really a foundation to help others as much as it's a foundation to help the Anthonys, and should be so stated.

I really wish we could get an answer from anyone about these questions. I don't have enough time off from work to get things done I need/want to do, but these two have been supposedly unemployed for almost a year and seem to be pretty secure financially with all the time in the world on their hands to do anything they want. I'd really like to know.

hello, i dont know if this has been addressed. and I can't posted a link or start a threat, Sorry if this has been addressed. will not get into detail. Im a short and sweetperson. Has EMPATHY Been addressed yet? I went to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/empathy and it explains this family, or casey,IMO it was not taught to her. Just a thought, let me know what u guys think. I do believe casey did it, but I think she grew up not knowing what empathy was? Just a question? Thanks

Cindy is deluding herself, picturing in her mind that the trial will fix it all. The trial has become her only hope. She is acting like this is a movie, and in the end the dramatic trial scene will disclose some hidden clue that will absolve Casey of any guilt.

Yeah, Cindy's gonna be very disappointed when she realizes that Jose Baez isn't Perry Mason. LOL (I know, I'm showing my age.) :rolleyes:

I guess Cindy is busy shopping for green tops, that she can pair with that shamrock pin, to show her unwavering support of the baby-killer (aka KC).

They were very soft-spoken this morning and gum-free. Nationwide, many people are clueless about the details of this case and will probably feel sympathy for the A's. Fortunately, people in the Orlando area have heard and seen their outbursts and changing stories. It looks like they will be the jury pool, so these interviews will not likely fool them. (Of course, a change of venue could still be requested.)

I really wish we could get an answer from anyone about these questions. I don't have enough time off from work to get things done I need/want to do, but these two have been supposedly unemployed for almost a year and seem to be pretty secure financially with all the time in the world on their hands to do anything they want. I'd really like to know.

remember when kc forged a check for $300.00 and CA said they didnt have much more than that? remember GA owed a gambling debt and cashed in his 401K without letting CA know and they owed the government all this back tax money? then CA told the people at work she wanted to adopt caylee but they couldnt afford to?....i could go on and on, but we all know ..... who do you suppose got those videos and pictures of caylee around for these broadcasting companies? .... kc has been in jail ....hmmmm

hello, i dont know if this has been addressed. and I can't posted a link or start a threat, Sorry if this has been addressed. will not get into detail. Im a short and sweetperson. Has EMPATHY Been addressed yet? I went to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/empathy and it explains this family, or casey,IMO it was not taught to her. Just a thought, let me know what u guys think. I do believe casey did it, but I think she grew up not knowing what empathy was? Just a question? Thanks
I truly believe that Casey is a sociopath...and they DO NOT empathize. A lot has been discussed about that throughout the threads if you want to do a search.

WELCOME!!

Watching GA during this interview was so revealing. GA continues to look down when it appears he isn't telling a truth. When he doesn't want to give an answer that is so blantally a lie he looks down and waits for the mistro CA to take the lead. So pathetically sad to watch the A's scramble to make us want to believe emphatically what they say when they themselves stated on nation wide TV that they don't know what happend. CA wants to walk away from this death of a grandbaby like "Grandma of the year who is out to defend and advocate for all children. CA can't see at this time that just because this daughter killed your grandchild it doesn't give you authority, or knowledge in the arena of missing children (as they like to call Caylee) or abused children by the hands of a parent. So sad the A's cannot see the legacy of the death of Caylee wasn't for the parents to recieve acolades of encouragement to join the many others who have experienced the death of a child. They are so deluded in their thinking that their foundation will give them not only meaning in their life but a platform to make money off others tragedy's.

I think you're right on here, 3daughters!! Casey doesn't even know what sympathy is let alone empathy.

Well, I can honestly say I don't think that interview affected the jury pool in any way. I still think she did it, nothing could convince me otherwise. I also think they know she did it. Do you want justice for Caylee or leniency for your daughter, something along those lines, she says she wants the truth. I don't see that coming anytime soon.

George said that the trial's a year away and her defense team will do what they have to do when asked about a plea. He didn't say she wouldn't take one. CA said she wouldn't admit to something she didn't do. I am sure she knows that because I don't think KC ever admitted anything to anyone with her little half-truths and misstatements.

Ok, enough ranting...I don't think they hurt KC today unlike the depositions. But I don't think they helped her either. It just looked like a scene from a TV movie with bad actors.

I don't think it was KC's jury pool they were trying to impress. I think they're trying to impress their future jury pool.
:cow:

Since tomorrow the A's are going to explain how they are helping other families in similar situations. I would love to tell the A's what sweet, precious Caylee went through in what were probably her last moments of life as the duct tape was placed across her mouth. Since I was in a similar situation, having duct tape placed across my eyes and mouth by my kidnapper, Caylee first felt the stickiness of the tape on her lips and nose. She was probably trying to breathe and hyper ventilated just a bit because it is almost impossible to catch her breathe. The smell of the glue on the tape is overwhelming as it goes past your throat and into your lungs. Hopefully, Caylee was able to move her mouth a little so that some of the tape would loosen so she could get a little bit of fresh air. Unfortunately, because of the out come I doubt that her tiny lips could loosen anything and she died. Shame on the A's and how about concentrating on justice for your granddaughter who suffered a fate that you can not even imagine going through. I couldn't even watch the video of the A's interview, they have no compassion for what Caylee went through it is all about what they went through. Guess what, I don't care what they went through! My only concern is justice for Caylee.

Wow! That must have been a horribly terrifying experience. It looks like everything is ok now. TG.

Could there be a document dump in the near future? I'm thinking they went to CBS (and lost Oprah) because they know something's about to break.

That's an excellent point. I wonder if the next doc dump will have the answer to who was on the phone with DC.

But I just watched the interview and hope this doesn't offend:

Were they just interviewed by Mary Poppins?

OMG - what a change in attitude from the depos (except for the same green shirt Cindy wore).

If they didn't talk any lower, no one would have heard any of them. I had to put on my headphones. What a way to garner sympathy from those who have not followed this case closely.

I did see a smirk or 2 from Cindy, and George is pretty much the same -- only on a much calmer level. I wish reality would hit them that, yes, their daughter was involved. It will be much easier to deal with it now, vs. later when she's sentenced to death. That's about as much sympathy I can gather up.

Best,

Melanie

Conway saying a lot of nothing now.

Cindy says truth will come out at trial. "There's more to it."

So if the truth is out there then why aren't they telling us what it is? Oh wait, I know. It's because they don't want the media picking the obvious lie apart until after the jury has been sequestered. :loser:

I doubt Cindy is worried about being charged for that (really couldn't happen, IMO) but we all know that Cindy doesn't accept criticism. To avoid criticism, she simply has to state a partial truth: "I was in regular contact with my daughter who didn't mention any problems to me. My granddaughter was with my daughter as far as I knew. Why on earth would I call 911 on her?"

Of course, Cindy seems to think her MySpace letter on July 3rd isn't public knowledge, and/or doesn't negate her "everything was wonderful between us" tale.

In that respect she reminds me of KC sticking to her lie about working at Universal while she walks down the hall there with the detectives. I don't understand liars, especially those who lie when the truth would be easier and who keep on lying when the truth is going to come out anyway.

If Cindy were as intelligent as she is devious, she would simply have said, "My daughter and I had words (before or even after she left on June 16) and I thought she wasn't letting me talk to Caylee because she was still angry with me. She didn't seem angry with me on the phone, so I was confused and posted that MySpace page. It never occurred to me my daughter and granddaughter were in terrible danger, and that Casey was afraid to confide in me...."

The problem is that they've handled this completely wrong from the first second they talked to the media. They should have talked once to the media and said there is a LE investigation that is ongoing. We're torn up as grandparents and we're sure our daughter had nothing to do with this.

Now they are trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube after 9 months and it's just day one of the SHINY NEW Anthony's. I hope nobody falls for this crapola. :furious:

I haven't heard it before either, but it makes me wonder if the A's ARE reading here. On the GA thread for the last few days we've been talking about how George blew up in front of his friend at the house and said something like, "If you want to know where Caylee is, ask that b!tch back there. She knows!" Or words to that effect.

It sounds like George is doing a little tidying up with his admission on CBS this morning.

I've never heard that before. Do you have the link to the article?

What I cannot understand is why Cindy isn't worried about these same things! They prove she's a constant liar, and yet she acts as if there's no problem with any of that.

Do you understand her logic? Help me! :banghead:

If I did I would be the most respected psychiatrist in the WORLD!! :crazy:

There's nothing to understand ..
Cindy's a moron and her words will come back to bite her in the butt! :behindbar

IIRC, they already have several times.

Yes, they do, but in the Anthony case they will not charge them until after the trial. They don't want them pleading the 5th on every question they are asked in the murder trial.

Wouldn't be the other way around? If their trial is after KC's they can plead the fifth because they haven't been tried yet but if there is no legitimate reason to lie then they shouldn't be able to plead the fifth. :waitasec: I don't know it just seems that way to me.

The ONLY THING they are interested in is promoting that foundation to collect some more BLOOD MONEY and today was just to get people lined up for donations after tomorrow's show. They are setting up their NEW SCAM.

Jeez, I hope the interviewer is a lot harder on them about their foundation then she was today. :furious:

Good Post! But my question is, "Wasn't GA a retired law enforcement officer?" You would think he would know what to do or at the least whom to contact, if Casey had been threaten! I would think she would of gone to her family and told them immediately. Did this not cross any of the Anthony's thoughts? Any thoughts on this one sleuths?

I don't know of or even ever heard of a LE officer who would tell someone that if you're threatened the best thing to do is to not call LE right away. You'd think GA would know that off the bat.

That would mean KC would have had to tell her mother face to face that she killed Caylee and then IF she survived after telling Cindy that which I doubt Cindy would have taken it lightly, CA would have had to consciously decide to help her cover it up.

I just think that Cindy really didn't know what was going on and that last 911 call showed Cindy was scared Caylee was dead. I think once LE got involved and the media came rolling in - Cindy began to care more about saving face and became angry at what people were saying about her daughter that she began to focus on NOT giving LE or the media the satisfaction of proving her wrong and her daughter guilty.

She is all about wanting to keep what is HERS in HER control. Crazy that not once either one of the A's have said out right that they want to find who did this and make them pay for taking that beautiful baby away - NOT ONCE.

LP has said, and I actually agree with him on this, that he believes that KC told her mother everything on one of her bailout times. I think CA has made a conscience decision to help cover this up since then.

After tomorrow's show, we may want to watch the Congressman from Orange county and see when that bill is getting pushed through the house for approval for $500,000 for the ACIM Chapter in the name of Caylee Marie in Orlando. It will be up to the congress to give him the money he is asking.

What is ACIM?

I know this is shallow, and I am certainly not a "10" by any definition, but she should really forego some of that new jewelry and buy a good support bra for national TV appearances . . .

please no spanking :crazy:

OMG, I was thinking the exact same thing.

remember when kc forged a check for $300.00 and CA said they didnt have much more than that? remember GA owed a gambling debt and cashed in his 401K without letting CA know and they owed the government all this back tax money? then CA told the people at work she wanted to adopt caylee but they couldnt afford to?....i could go on and on, but we all know ..... who do you suppose got those videos and pictures of caylee around for these broadcasting companies? .... kc has been in jail ....hmmmm

I mentioned earlier that NG confirmed the other night that the Anthony's have received in excess of $250,000.00 from media outlets. Crime must pay hey?! Shame Shame Shame on them.

It pains me to make such a statement about any murdered child but Caylee is truly in a better place.

I know this is shallow, and I am certainly not a "10" by any definition, but she should really forego some of that new jewelry and buy a good support bra for national TV appearances . . .

please no spanking :crazy:

OMG, I was thinking the exact same thing.

respectfully snipped Steely... Well ya know, she's not exactly a 10! So give the poor woman a break. :crazy:

Then how about the July 3 "my Caylee is missing" message?
~ respectfully snipped ~
Oh, didn't you hear CA's deposition? --- She said that "My Caylee is missing" didn't mean that Caylee was missing. (Yeah. I guess it depends on "what the definition of 'is' is". LOL)

The more lies they continue to tell, the more information can be used against them to impeach them on the stand.
Their rationale seems to be Casey is telling us the truth. In order for KC's story and theirs to be plausable, everyone else would have to be lying (including GA and CA). Mad at the people attacking KC...where is their outrage of the death of Caylee? Cuz I don't see it. Mad at the police, reporters, protesters, everyone who knows KC (the phonebook basically) and yet not one shred of anger it appears over the murder of their precious grandbaby. Nice. But the "truth will come out at trial." So I guess whatever nebulous threat was after their family has left the solar system in a space ship. I don't care what they have been through anymore. To GA and CA, your family will not be put back together. KC is not coming home to be with you. Start dealing with it.

No mention of Zanny in this interview. Thanks John Morgan. Why not ask who KC was afraid of, who was threatening their family? Interviewer still pussy footing around and not asking follow up questions.

Ok, A few minutes ago I said I wouldn't watch, but you all gave such such an intriguing description of a calm and collected couple, I caved.

And all I learned was that I was right, this interview was nothing more than fluff, it was a complete waste except to show Cindy and George in a better light. They left their wads of Double Bubble at home; this made me wonder if the gum at the depos was an intentional diversion. It certainly would have been a distraction to the Morgan team and possibly made it more difficult for their transcriptionist After all we know Cindy doesn't trust anything containing typo's.

Maybe Morgan should hire Wendy to do the next depo for them. The A's certainly responded to her style in a more positive manner than the Morgan crew.

They obviously knew ahead what questions were going to be asked, there were no wild eyed accusations of poisoning any potential jurors, the one "legal" question about the smell of the car was handed over to BC who's lips were moving but no real answer escaped through there.

Here's what Wendy Rodriguez told Hal Boedeker at the Sentintel:

Maggie Rodriguez will conduct the interview Wednesday and Thursday in the show's New York studio.

And the topics? CBS said, "Rodriguez will talk to the Anthonys about the investigation into their granddaughter's death, including the timeline of events leading up to the arrest of their daughter, Casey, for the crime. The Anthonys also will talk about how their daughter is handling the prosecution's recent decision to seek the death penalty in their case against her."

Which raises a question: How do George and Cindy know if they haven't visited Casey?

Cindy Anthony contemplated suicide several times, she tells CBS' "Early Show" in an interview to air Thursday morning.

"Cindy reveals that George wasn't the only one who considered suicide. She did, too," "Early Show" anchor Maggie Rodriguez told me. "She wrote several suicide notes. Then Casey came home for the first time. When they released her the first time, Cindy says they sat together and prayed, and Casey kept her from going through with it."

Cindy Anthony "told me with tears in her eyes" that it was "something she had never confessed before," Rodriguez said.

*Rodriguez asked if Cindy regretted making the 911 call that could be used to convict Casey.

"She said, 'I don't regret it. I had to tell the truth. Casey thanked me for making the call immediately after making the call,' " Rodriguez said.

"They say they have no regrets," Rodriguez added. "Would they have called for help sooner? No."

*The couple wouldn't say what they thought happened to Caylee, but "Cindy does say she would like to have private time with her daughter."

*Rodriguez said she could ask anything. But the couple wouldn't answer any questions pertaining to evidence, and their attorney, Brad Conway, would jump in when she tried, Rodriguez added.

*The interviewer's take on the Anthonys? "They are bent on supporting their daughter, no matter what," Rodriguez said. "They don't want to lose another family member."

There is enough fluff in this interview, if we added some Peanut Butter, we could all have Nutter-Fluffer samiches for lunch!!

:innocent:
Casey Anthony is a Saint and we need to recognize it.

1. Casey has saved her parents from the evil and dangerous protestors who were casting pennies at the garage door.
2. Their hero saved her mother's life when her mother was at her darkest moment and contemplating suicide. She stayed by side, in her hour of need. She prayed for her and with her.
3. KC has sacrificed herself and will sit in prison for the rest of her life to keep her family from danger; AND, If necessary, she will sacrifice her own life to protect her family.
4. KC should not and will never accept a plea for her life because she did nothing wrong. Her honor is at stake here and that is worth any sacrifice.

These are all the reasons why the Anthony's are so proud. They have asked us all to simply open our hearts and try to understand the magnitude of Casey's humanity.

:curtsey:

I just thought of a wonderful question that an interviewer should ask Cindy and George, "When Caylee's murderer is found, what do you think the penalty should be?"

Probably would have gotten the same response KC gave CA in the jailhouse video where CA asked KC what message should she send to Zanny through the media? KC was confounded for a moment and then recovers with: "Tell her I forgive her".

Little bitty you are so right about the A's to start dealing with true concrete reality. All the demure mannerisms CA is showing has me saying a quote from the Church Lady, "Well isn't that interesting!" Where were CA's prophetic outburst of memorized documents explaining away all questions of KC guilt like she showed the world in her flagrant lack of respect for the laws of the land shown at the depos? CA sure kept that part of personality in tact for todays show. Now would be a good time to link back to CA's interview on Fox with Meagan Malloy? That is the real CA and you quickly find out in that particular interview jsut how she will act if confronted.

I am as positive as I can be that someone persuaded Cindy to spend a couple hours with a professional "Media Coach" (possibly yesterday) in New York.

If I'm right, the coach sat her down and made her watch a video of herself where she comes off abrasive and unattractive. Then the coach showed her how to soften her voice and let a (sad) smile be present always when speaking. Sit slightly foward in the chair, no matter how uncomfortable that may be, etc. Then the coach videotaped her and showed her how much better and more attractive she appears when she follows the coach's directions. The coach also would have told her to dump the gum. Today is the first time I haven't seen Cindy chomping on gum.

Cindy obviously liked what she saw in the "after video" or no one, including God Almighty, could have made her follow anyone else's directions.

Once you've spent a couple hours with a media coach, (I had to do that), you can spot the subtle signs, the techniques. The change in Cindy is so abrupt and unprecedented that it can only be due to one thing, IMO.

You are correct, even in her police and FBI interviews this narcissist was very focused on presenting herself as a good mother. It is very important to her, she wanted to look like mama bear protecting her cub in the deop, but she went way too far and looked crazy and unstable. Now she is back to the KC was a good mother mantra ...loosely translated: I raised her to be a good mother, emphasis on "I". She is a classic case. Textbook!

Yeah, Cindy's gonna be very disappointed when she realizes that Jose Baez isn't Perry Mason. LOL (I know, I'm showing my age.) :rolleyes:

I guess Cindy is busy shopping for green tops, that she can pair with that shamrock pin, to show her unwavering support of the baby-killer (aka KC).

They were very soft-spoken this morning and gum-free. Nationwide, many people are clueless about the details of this case and will probably feel sympathy for the A's. Fortunately, people in the Orlando area have heard and seen their outbursts and changing stories. It looks like they will be the jury pool, so these interviews will not likely fool them. (Of course, a change of venue could still be requested.)

Always tell people you saw it on TV Land! :couch:

respectfully snipped Steely... Well ya know, she's not exactly a 10! So give the poor woman a break. :crazy:

She's not even close to a ten. I wonder how she gave birth to such a hotty? :waitasec:

Little bitty you are so right about the A's to start dealing with true concrete reality. All the demure mannerisms CA is showing has me saying a quote from the Church Lady, "Well isn't that interesting!" Where were CA's prophetic outburst of memorized documents explaining away all questions of KC guilt like she showed the world in her flagrant lack of respect for the laws of the land shown at the depos? CA sure kept that part of personality in tact for todays show. Now would be a good time to link back to CA's interview on Fox with Meagan Malloy? That is the real CA and you quickly find out in that particular interview jsut how she will act if confronted.

Oh god, that made me laugh so hard! I can see that SNL skit now, it was too, too funny. Do you have a link to Meagan's interview? I like her she is the real deal, this gal that threw out the softball questions today was obviously picked very carefully. I think the A's should have paid CBS for this commercial they aired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob