2009.05.07 - new motion by State to Determine Counsel

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We DID hear that a person can only be deposed once...........so what does that say to JB's claim that he's going back for seconds with Unser? I agree that a competent lawyer needs to be appointed quickly before the mess JB's made is irreparable!

I think that JB can 'continue at a later date' his deposition of Unser. The only once rule means that if a new (DP qualified) lawyer takes the wheel, there is no "do-over". They must rely upon the questions that JB asked and the responses that they elicited.

The key to obtaining what you need from a witness, is in the questions. A badly worded question can get you an answer that you really didn't want on tape.

The man is sittin there spinning his wheels. I bet that he thinks if he struts his stuff (motions all over the place---pressers) that he thinks he looks, like he knows what he is doing. He thinks he can fool e-body

I could not agree with you more!!!!:blowkiss: From reading records from his previous cases, I think you are right on target, minus your mentioning that he also seems to request an abundance of continuances!

After all my searching of Baez trial records, I only found one that went to completion-Nilton Diaz. He co-counseled in this and it's being appealed on ineffective counsel.

The kidnapping case was dropped before trial, as was the case with the mayor.

He has 33 felony cases listed on the OC Clerk of Court website. Two are scheduled for trial in May and June of this year. All the rest have been closed without ever going to trial.

Does anybody know of ANY case Baez has tried in front of a jury? Surely there's one out there and I missed it.

He has 33 felony cases listed on the OC Clerk of Court website. Two are scheduled for trial in May and June of this year. All the rest have been closed without ever going to trial.

Does anybody know of ANY case Baez has tried in front of a jury? Surely there's one out there and I missed it.

How did you search out these felony cases on the OC website? I tried this morning, but without the defendant's name or case #, I couldn't find out how to search by attorney name?

I know the Nilton Diaz case was tried in front of a jury, but also know that he was co-counsel. The records do not show any type of transcripts, so unsure of which days (and which parts of questioning/testimony) he addressed to the jury? I do know that all motions, etc were filed by Baez, but that could have been his "role" as co-counsel?

How did you search out these felony cases on the OC website? I tried this morning, but without the defendant's name or case #, I couldn't find out how to search by attorney name?

I know the Nilton Diaz case was tried in front of a jury, but also know that he was co-counsel. The records do not show any type of transcripts, so unsure of which days (and which parts of questioning/testimony) he addressed to the jury? I do know that all motions, etc were filed by Baez, but that could have been his "role" as co-counsel?

Go to myclerk on the site. Do a name search, Baez, Jose. Choose "attorney" and "Felony" cases as your parameters. It will bring up the cases. You have to click on the case "details". When this comes up, click on the charge "details". You can view the results of the case in this window.

ETA: http://www.myorangeclerk.com/mycler...essionID=6a83c06b-4429-4c45-a6a1-7a8d4c7de490

ACK! I am still not seeing where I can set the parameters:confused:

I went into name search and typed in his name, some cases came up as a defendant of the same name???
Use the link I added to my post. That should take you there. I really need a second opinion on this because I can't believe what I'm reading here.

When I first searched the Osceola County site and the Orange County site, his name came up quite a few times as a defendant. In the last three or four years, he's had several traffic violations... most for speeding, one for running a red light, and one for not registering his vehicle.

Use the link I added to my post. That should take you there. I really need a second opinion on this because I can't believe what I'm reading here.

When I first searched the Osceola County site and the Orange County site, his name came up quite a few times as a defendant. In the last three or four years, he's had several traffic violations... most for speeding, one for running a red light, and one for not registering his vehicle.

Got it! :blowkiss:

Going to read now, but I also found the traffic tickets, etc including a recent speeding ticket! HA! Wonder where he was rushing off to?:eek:

I used your link, did name search, and don't see where we can chose Attorney and felony. It would only do a name search. I couldn't remember when he was born, so I couldn't tell if any listed was him.

I'll be back, but I have to finish dinner right now.

ETA: Oh well, Hubby is finishing it up.. so I have a few minutes more. LOL!

After reading all ya'll's post----Judge S. is really a cool guy and tho I haven't seen and don't know much about him---from the vibes I get from him---he seems to be a pretty smart guy---on the ball. It may take him a few more days of paper work, but he is on top of it. For my own sanity, I have to make myself relax and let him play this out. I'm waiting for the Bar to kick JB out.

The man is sittin there spinning his wheels. I bet that he thinks if he struts his stuff (motions all over the place---pressers) that he thinks he looks, like he knows what he is doing. He thinks he can fool e-body

Same thang with CA/GA goin on their tour---they think they can fool e-body. We have sit here and watched their reactions to Caylee---her lil body laying out there rottin. Don't know for a fact that they knew where she was but they sure as H3ll knew she was dead. (smell---trunk). They knew she was dead. Yet they jumped on the band wagon with throwing pics of other lil girls out there----knowing she was dead. I bet somebody in the A. group knew where her lil body was.

I don't know why they all (JB/CA/GA/BC) act goofy as they have been doin but it will stop soon. Short hairs are on the way. I do not think there is some dark gang responsible for baby Caylee.s death. What you see is what you git. Yes we see DARK---that is what you are seeing when you see these peeps running round wid they heads cut off.

You said it, Mama!

Ok, I got it. Go to case search, it will pop up a selection. Go for criminal. It will bring you to the page we are looking for.

Why am I NOT surprised to find out that he "forgot" to register his vehicle? :)

Well said, and I totally agree. Baez will have to be FORCED to step down into a lesser role (or even out completely) and that is the roadblock. He can't or won't accept that.

He's gonna HAVE to accept it! He doesn't qualify for first,second, or 9th chair.

ACK! I am still not seeing where I can set the parameters:confused:

I went into name search and typed in his name, some cases came up as a defendant of the same name???
After you put in the name,you have to pick felony in the drop down box under case type, then just check off attorney.

So why is Baez spending time, money and resources to strike down Strictland's hearing on this matter, when all he has to do is announce who this DP qualified attorney is? Sounds to me like Baez doesn't have a DP attorney to announce.

Sorry if this was already answered and discussed.

Your last sentence, first paragraph.

Ok, I got it. Go to case search, it will pop up a selection. Go for criminal. It will bring you to the page we are looking for.
For some reason my link worked then it defaulted back to the main page.
Your right, left hand side/case search/criminal.

I used your link, did name search, and don't see where we can chose Attorney and felony. It would only do a name search. I couldn't remember when he was born, so I couldn't tell if any listed was him.

I'll be back, but I have to finish dinner right now.

ETA: Oh well, Hubby is finishing it up.. so I have a few minutes more. LOL!

Try going into Case Search (on left) then select Criminal. When you get to that screen, look at the bottom and select the circle that says Attorney, then go back up and type in Jose Baez.

At least that is how it worked for me.

Got it! :blowkiss:

Going to read now, but I also found the traffic tickets, etc including a recent speeding ticket! HA! Wonder where he was rushing off to?:eek:
I think LE has his number, KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members