2009.05.07 - new motion by State to Determine Counsel

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mamabear: I do a lot more reading than I do talking, but I have to tell ya, I luv luv luv reading your comments........you are one very smart cookie laced with great sense of humor. Thanks for making my day, day after day after day! The comment above is just precious..."One's hink don't hinky fer nuttin" Brilliant!!

:blushing:
Ain't you a sweetie:blowkiss:. Don't be a:chicken:jump on in here and have a ball or two.
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

It is not unusual for the current attorney of record to bring on another counsel. Although all additions must be done with the clients approval and direction. You can also bet that the new DP qualified attorney will have a very well laid out retainer agreement. Which might be the hold up. A reputable attorney may not want to agree to represent Casey under the terms JB wants.

But, could KC not likin a lawyer be the hold up? Maybe?

But, could KC not likin a lawyer be the hold up? Maybe?

It's possible. But I think it's more likely that any new attorney will not agree to the terms of possible payment or other "limitations".

He answers to Casey, not her family. Her family has no contact with her and does not know her wishes. If he wants a part of the pie she's baking, he'll do what he can to stay a part of this case no matter what chair it is. I can imagine that Jose' is attempting to find an attorney willing to abide by his side-chair driving.............

or
...........he's looking for a way to cop a plea.

Oh,I know he answers to KC.I just know if my child was facing the DP I would personally be hiring the best attorney I could afford.Not to get them off,if they did it,but to avoid the DP.
There is so much about this family I would like to know.I am still amazed at how quiet the neighbors,coworkers and family are.

He answers to Casey, not her family. Her family has no contact with her and does not know her wishes. If he wants a part of the pie she's baking, he'll do what he can to stay a part of this case no matter what chair it is. I can imagine that Jose' is attempting to find an attorney willing to abide by his side-chair driving.............

or
...........he's looking for a way to cop a plea.

WOW! I really need to git my crochet out and git away from this puter. My mind has been in the gutter all day.
GREEN-------naughty
BLUE--------naughtier
Green was already in the naughty part of my brain and by the time I got to Blue I read this----->"he's looking for a way to cop a feel".

The best thing that could happen as a result of this motion is the Court ask KC if she has a DP qualified attorney of her choice selected. If she does not, then the Court appoints the Public Defender as her sole counsel. The Public Defender then collects all files from her prior counsel and fires them.

The best thing that could happen as a result of this motion is the Court ask KC if she has a DP qualified attorney of her choice selected. If she does not, then the Court appoints the Public Defender as her sole counsel. The Public Defender then collects all files from her prior counsel and fires them.
That would be amazing!TY

Oh,I know he answers to KC.I just know if my child was facing the DP I would personally be hiring the best attorney I could afford.Not to get them off,if they did it,but to avoid the DP.
There is so much about this family I would like to know.I am still amazed at how quiet the neighbors,coworkers and family are.

Bet they won't be quiet when this case is over!:rolleyes:

WOW! I really need to git my crochet out and git away from this puter. My mind has been in the gutter all day.
GREEN-------naughty
BLUE--------naughtier
Green was already in the naughty part of my brain and by the time I got to Blue I read this----->"he's looking for a way to cop a feel".

*snort* You crack me up.

OMG-----Thank you! They can actually do this? Whew. So maybe this is comin fore long.

It is not unusual for the current attorney of record to bring on another counsel. Although all additions must be done with the clients approval and direction. You can also bet that the new DP qualified attorney will have a very well laid out retainer agreement. Which might be the hold up. A reputable attorney may not want to agree to represent Casey under the terms JB wants.
Bolded by me, Chezhire.

My retainer agreements require that I have the authority to bring on whomever I choose as co-counsel, without need of asking for the client's consent. What happens if the client doesn't like who I choose? They still have the right to fire me, which would include any co-counsel I've retained to assist me. Very typical.

Yep, and it's a great thing little missy's presence is required for all court heraings, isnt it?!?! :D

Bolded by me, Chezhire.

My retainer agreements require that I have the authority to bring on whomever I choose as co-counsel, without need of asking for the client's consent. What happens if the client doesn't like who I choose? They still have the right to fire me, which would include any co-counsel I've retained to assist me. Very typical.

My firm doesn't quite work like this. Although it would be nice if we did. Our clients have a retainer agreement with us, in addition to any local counsel/co-counsel we use. We give them very "strong" recommendations of other firms we've used in the past and would like to use. But ultimately we always confer with the client before hiring local counsel. Of course many of our clients have in-house counsel, so that decision is left with them.

I agree, it would be great if this happened, just to see Casey squirm. But couldn't that move affect a possible appeal for "ineffective counsel" after she's convicted ~ since she didn't choose the attorney? I also see this delaying the trial as the new attorney gets up to speed and it would also remove LKB challenging the scientific evidence. Maybe I've missed something, but what happened to Terrence Leneman? Did he really quit? MOO

I agree, it would be great if this happened, just to see Casey squirm. But couldn't that move affect a possible appeal for "ineffective counsel" after she's convicted ~ since she didn't choose the attorney? I also see this delaying the trial as the new attorney gets up to speed and it would also remove LKB challenging the scientific evidence. Maybe I've missed something, but what happened to Terrence Leneman? Did he really quit? MOO

From the Sentinel:
<<The defense team briefly brought in Miami attorney Terence Lenamon, who handles capital-punishment cases. Last fall, he wrote a report outlining why prosecutors should not go for the death penalty against Anthony.

In October, the state announced it was not going to seek it.

Once the decision was made, Lenamon was no longer part of the defense team.>>

From the Sentinel:
<<The defense team briefly brought in Miami attorney Terence Lenamon, who handles capital-punishment cases. Last fall, he wrote a report outlining why prosecutors should not go for the death penalty against Anthony.

In October, the state announced it was not going to seek it.

Once the decision was made, Lenamon was no longer part of the defense team.>>
Thanks ~ but I'd think JB could bring him back on board, unless 1) there's bad blood (disagreement) between them, or 2) JB/Casey can't afford his fees. :waitasec: It seems JB needs to find someone rather quickly or the trial may be delayed indefinitely! MOO

Thanks ~ but I'd think JB could bring him back on board, unless 1) there's bad blood (disagreement) between them, or 2) JB/Casey can't afford his fees. :waitasec: It seems JB needs to find someone rather quickly or the trial may be delayed indefinitely! MOO

Or maybe JB spent the weekend trying to negotiate with him to work out financial details to retain him again, and part of the negotiation was to give him 24 more hours to try to work something out, so L. put NG off for now. Perhaps if JB & L come to some kind of financial agreement, the interview we will see tomorrow night will be completely different than one we would have seen tonight (more pro-defense)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper