2009.05.07 - new motion by State to Determine Counsel

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LKB is a DP qualified attorney and since all they're doing in a deposition is asking questions, all she has to do is write them out and he can read them off. I think even Jose can handle that much.
Debs,
do you know for sure that LKB is death penalty qualified ? If so ,and she is already on the team,why aren't they using her as the DPQ attorney ?Why would the state make a motion for disclosure if they know KC has a DPQ attorney on the team?

Debs,
do you know for sure that LKB is death penalty qualified ? If so ,and she is already on the team,why aren't they using her as the DPQ attorney ?Why would the state make a motion for disclosure if they know KC has a DPQ attorney on the team?

She is discussed here [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76278]in depth[/ame] and her credentials were laid out. Other than her not being licensed to practice in FL, I can't imagine why she's not being used. She's warm and fuzzy and has a wealth of knowledge she's more than happy to share with everyone not as educated as she.

LKB is a DP qualified attorney .

I am confused as to whether or not she is DP qualified :confused: I keep reading posts and editorial comments online that she is.....then she isn't....and tryed to google myself but haven't been able to come up with anything "official"

Do you have a link that shows her qualifications?

LKB does not meet the qualifications of a DP attorney according the the Florida RCP

She is discussed here in depth and her credentials were laid out. Other than her not being licensed to practice in FL, I can't imagine why she's not being used. She's warm and fuzzy and has a wealth of knowledge she's more than happy to share with everyone not as educated as she.
Debs,
Well,I just read through all seven pages that you referred me to and only read opinions of LKB's demeanor,ability and looks.No credentials at all. One WSer stated she was DP qualified,but nothing to back it up. Do you have anything else that would show LKB is DP qualified? Did I miss something?

I heard JB's PR spoksperson said that the DP lawyer will be with him May 28 for this hearing. I guess we'll see who he could find that will take his direction and not mind looking foolish!:rolleyes:

Does anyone know what the May 28th hearing is regarding?

If LKB is DP qualified, she should long ago have shut down all the crazy speculation and complied with the requirements for filing a proper notice of appearance and certification. Since she hasn't done that, and even JB's publicist is saying they are bringing the needed person on board in the future, I'm assuming LKB is NOT DP qualified. She is experienced, yes, but that doesn't insure compliance with the FLA rules. As to the warm and fuzzy, I must have missed that.

There is more skill involved in taking a proper deposition than a mere "intern" with a list of questions might bring to the process, IMO.

She is discussed here in depth and her credentials were laid out. Other than her not being licensed to practice in FL, I can't imagine why she's not being used. She's warm and fuzzy and has a wealth of knowledge she's more than happy to share with everyone not as educated as she.

Bold by me...

:D:D:D Debs...Thank you kindly for this description. I will think of it every time I am forced to listen to LBK. Priceless!

If LKB is DP qualified, she should long ago have shut down all the crazy speculation and complied with the requirements for filing a proper notice of appearance and certification. Since she hasn't done that, and even JB's publicist is saying they are bringing the needed person on board in the future, I'm assuming LKB is NOT DP qualified. She is experienced, yes, but that doesn't insure compliance with the FLA rules. As to the warm and fuzzy, I must have missed that.

There is more skill involved in taking a proper deposition than a mere "intern" with a list of questions might bring to the process, IMO.

I wonder if she's otherwise qualified, but lacking in the CLE credits? Just pure speculation on my part though.

LKB does not meet the qualifications of a DP attorney according the the Florida RCP

That's what I was figuring, since she's still on her Latin-spelled work visa and not filing papers to practice in FL.

Does anyone know what the May 28th hearing is regarding?

Motion to not release the jail video of Casey's reaction to finding of a child's skeleton on Suburban. I don't know if there is anything else. (except for the "introduction" of the DP qualified attorney)
Katharine

So if Lenemon signs back on they will be telegraphing a plea deal...jmo. The reason I believe this is given the evidence already released combined with Casey copping to the crime, there is no way they could convince a jury that delivering her child caused her to murder her almost 3 years later....again JMO.

So if Lenemon signs back on they will be telegraphing a plea deal...jmo. The reason I believe this is given the evidence already released combined with Casey copping to the crime, there is no way they could convince a jury that delivering her child caused her to murder her almost 3 years later....again JMO.

I rather think he won't. When he was on NG the other night, in addition to saying he had strategy differences with JB when he was on the case, he also mentioned that JB had called him, but had "decided to go with another attorney". I took that to mean Lenamon was being diplomatic and refraining from using "not with a ten foot pole" language regarding his reply.

I rather think he won't. When he was on NG the other night, in addition to saying he had strategy differences with JB when he was on the case, he also mentioned that JB had called him, but had "decided to go with another attorney". I took that to mean Lenamon was being diplomatic and refraining from using "not with a ten foot pole" language regarding his reply.

JB is not about to give up control of this case and I think therein the problem lies. Any DP qualified attorney will want to handle things their way and not all will go along with JB's song and dance routine.

I think JB's agenda is to remain lead attorney, call all the shots and chance a not guilty verdict. IMO he is NOT doing what is best for his client, but thinking only of himself whether he wants to admit that or not.

He is the Emperor with No Clothes.

JB is not about to give up control of this case and I think therein the problem lies. Any DP qualified attorney will want to handle things their way and not all will go along with JB's song and dance routine.

I think JB's agenda is to remain lead attorney, call all the shots and chance a not guilty verdict. IMO he is NOT doing what is best for his client, but thinking only of himself whether he wants to admit that or not.

He is the Emperor with No Clothes.

There's a mental image I didn't need first thing in the morning!!!

To be honest, the mental comment doesn't have to mean admiting she did it. It could also be used to explain her state of mind after the baby was missing. I"m not going to say more then that, cause I feel like I would be givng ideas.. that doesn't need to be started. LOL!

To be honest, the mental comment doesn't have to mean admiting she did it. It could also be used to explain her state of mind after the baby was missing. I"m not going to say more then that, cause I feel like I would be givng ideas.. that doesn't need to be started. LOL!

I think if that were the case JB would've been willing to go along with Lenamon. He's presenting this himself with the "ugly coping" theory.

I think if that were the case JB would've been willing to go along with Lenamon. He's presenting this himself with the "ugly coping" theory.
I have a gut feeling the term, "Ugly Copeing" was thrown out to the media LkB to see what the publics reaction would be. That is such a new psychiatric term, that many of us have never heard of. Look at the reaction people had to her statement. I thought, "Looney tune" to try that angle. Plus, Ugly Copeing" is a part of showing frame of mind, therefore I would think it is a mental health issue and defense doesn't want to go that route.

How long does the SA tend to wait on this request???? Shouldn't the Judge make some inquiries???? :waitasec:

My firm doesn't quite work like this. Although it would be nice if we did. Our clients have a retainer agreement with us, in addition to any local counsel/co-counsel we use. We give them very "strong" recommendations of other firms we've used in the past and would like to use. But ultimately we always confer with the client before hiring local counsel. Of course many of our clients have in-house counsel, so that decision is left with them.
It's always the client's decision, but any client of mine who won't follow my choice/advice re: who to hire as co-counsel is not a client I'm interested in keeping. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB