Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
alleging no medical care given whatsoever even tho KC sought it
Objection to that was raised

If she was rendered no medical treatment, then no privacy issues right?

Do privacy rights apply in prison? She wasn't being treated at the time of witnessing the news report of finding a body near the Anthony home. If she had no medical care then is medical privacy really an issue? If it doesn't harm her or wouldn't leave people incredulous to her reaction then what's the problem? This attorney isn't making sense.

He keeps saying medical privacy issue but she wasn't receiving medical care.

The attorney's for KC say that orchestrating the recording the actions of KC finding out the remains of a child was found near the A's home was, cruel, illegal, unconstitional and wrong.

I say that killing your child is MORE cruel, illegal and unlAWFUL.

TM going on about presumption of innocence.

did JB just say "when the incident occurred"...then correct himself to say some bumbling thing???

rut---roow

Oh yes he almost said it 5 times and kept correcting and redirecting himself to say disappearance. I can't wait to watch the video replay and count for myself. Prior to "what incident"? How would they know "when" the incident occurred to determine a timeline = to "prior to"? How do you slip up and chastise the prosecution for not allowing the possibility of an "accident" vs. premeditated murder when your innocent client had no idea where her daughter was after delivery to an invisible nanny? Macaluso is being very clear that there is nothing on this tape that would have any impact on case and it merely a violation of her medical privacy rights (which do not apply in prison). His underlying real objection is what it may show between KC and JB. If the judge really knows then that may be why he is trying so hard not to allow them to "cloud the waters" with irrelevent information. Good ol coverup????

• Judge - County deserves right to respond after being 'lamb-basted here today' (yay Judge S)
  • Sa Linda - tape IS a public record
  • Judge does not disagree
  • Judge - "tell me how this tape will harm your client? prevent picking a jury"
  • then we'll give media chance to respond
  • TM - "we're not saying this harms KC. The tape doesn't prove or disprove any fact in this case. Tape violates KC's privacy rights of medical nature."
  • TM - "admission of these witnesses that this was to set her in front of TV - got NO medical attention" (well then medical privacy doesn't apply, does it?)
  • County objects
  • TM - rattling on about media releases
  • TM - screws up - says KC talked about basketball - WE know it was football.

Casey was taken there under the belief she would recieve medical care at the medical office, Macaluso said. But, he said, it was an orchestrated event set up between the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the Orange County Jail. He said she was put in front of the TV to see reports of the toddler's remains being found.

The county attorney speaks up and is concerned about the allegations stated in the motion. The county isn't opposed to sealing the tape.

Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick stands up and says the state isn't opposed to sealing the tape.

Judge asked Macaluso to argue why the releasing the tape would harm his client.

First atty states she sought medical attention and didn't get it, now he's saying she was being observed by a doctor

Do privacy rights apply in prison? She wasn't being treated at the time of witnessing the news report of finding a body near the Anthony home. If she had no medical care then is medical privacy really an issue? If it doesn't harm her or wouldn't leave people incredulous to her reaction then what's the problem? This attorney isn't making sense.

He keeps saying medical privacy issue but she wasn't receiving medical care.

You said what I was trying to say, Thanks! :blowkiss:

KC is looking VERY nervous.* Shwallowing hard and eyes watery.* They are concerned with the media spin that will be put on it.*

This is NOT the same as going in for surgery or anything else like that. Please :rolleyes:

My hinky meter is blaring! Something has happened between the Anthonys...all of them look horrible. Casey and Cindy, especially. They look totally beat down. Just not their style at all. I never thought I'd see the day when George looked like the strongest one.

Macaluso is making a hash of this argument!

He said earlier that Casey would not be harmed by the release of the tape, now he is arguing that she would be.

He argued that Casey didn't receive any medical treatment whatsoever, then he argued that releasing the tape would violate Casey's rights to medical privacy.

LKB is arguing that this needs to wait until DP counsel can be admitted and argue it--the implication is, instead of JB.

Where are the case arguements? I'm tired of hearing "it's unfair"

JB's hanky doesn't match his tie, it clashes badly

Sealed does not constitute that it will not be introduced into evidence, it simply means there will be no public release. My question is has Baez made a motion to ban it from being used by the prosecution as evidence? Can medical record privacy be waived for this particular video to be used by the prosecution? All in all what is the likelihood that it will be used as evidence?

KC is looking VERY nervous.* Shwallowing hard and eyes watery.* They are concerned with the media spin that will be put on it.*

Casey's tearing up because her lawyers are citing how mean and unfair the jailers and media have been to her.

It reminds me of right before she was arrested when Baez said she was somebody's daughter.

But she DID receive medical treatment. She requested a tranquilizer and she got one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member