2009.05.28 Motions Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, does anyone think JB can arrange payment for the Special Master and get ALL the other attorneys to agree to it by next Thursday?

I don't.

And, we still have all the other objections to go from the others about their cell records. Do you think JB will have the foresight to figure out Special Master arrangements with them, also.

Again, I don't think so. The boy just doesn't think ahead when it comes to 'not wasting the court's time' with proper preparations.

I love that Judge S said, "It's my job as someone who has to follow the law..." in there somewhere. :) uhm - that was indeed directed at JB

I don't think so either. We will be seeing the tape.

He most certainly did!!!
*shakes head* Unbelievable.
I can't imagine the new DP attorney will have much respect for JB

I don't think she (the new DP atty) realized what she was getting into. She wrote something and passed it to KC then all of a sudden KC straightened up and was not really smirking anymore or flirting. Makes you wonder what was wrote. Hmmm....

So true! In fact, I am surprised that the judge didn't just go ahead and grant the defendant's motion today to refuse public release. The SA said they had no problem with sealing it except that they were required by the Sunshine law to release it. Basically saying that all they needed was someone to either say release it or don't.

Since nobody was there to argue for releasing it, why did the judge continue the motion? I think the judge told Baez he could have the phone records he wanted for the people who didn't have an attorney arguing against it today.

Don't get me wrong- I'd really like to see the tape. I just don't understand why there wasn't a ruling today since the SA said they had no problem with it being sealed.

Sounds to me like Judge Strickland is trying to give all interested parties a chance to be heard on the footage. He has to be aware that the media and public's interest in it is high. I have to wonder if deep inside he wants to release it but wants to lay it more on the sunshine laws than his own decision. Not sure if that makes sense, but his delay in a final ruling leads me to think this may be why.

I am going to close this thread for 10 minutes. STOP with all the reference to Casey hair, clothes, paper, pens, George, Cindy etc., etc. I'll be back in 10.

OK, does anyone think JB can arrange payment for the Special Master and get ALL the other attorneys to agree to it by next Thursday?

I don't.

And, we still have all the other objections to go from the others about their cell records. Do you think JB will have the foresight to figure out Special Master arrangements with them, also.

Again, I don't think so. The boy just doesn't think ahead when it comes to 'not wasting the court's time' with proper preparations.

I love that Judge S said, "It's my job as someone who has to follow the law..." in there somewhere. :) uhm - that was indeed directed at JB

Help an old lady out here...what does the bolded part mean....

I may be wrong, but wasn't she listening to her radio in her cell? Why is it more cruel to take her away from her radio source of information and bring her to an area where they can administer medical treatment if required?

I do believe this needs to be argued.

I heard on one of the news shows that KC may have to testify today. My first thought was they are going to question her about first hearing the reports on the radio in her cell.

OK ... let's try it again! Next time it will be closed permanently!

Patty, thanks 4 all Ur hard work. . .and just consider this from the ignoramus.
But, what's wrong with writing about pens & paper? That part i just
don't get, though I can understand not emphasizing personal appearance, etc.

Could U please humor me & explain what's probably a real important thing
to know? Thanks again.

Help an old lady out here...what does the bolded part mean....

In an attempt to prevent delay of the defense request for cellphone records, JB suggested the court appoint a special master who could go through all the records he has requested. The special master would be responsible for sorting through relevant and irrelevant calls thus protecting the persons right to privacy.

More evidence of JB not wanting to do his own work, imo. Not to mention, all of the attorney's would have to agree to the special master and said master would have to be paid for by someone. Strickland was very clear that JB would have to figure out how to pay for it once and if he was able to get the attorney's to agree to the broad request for cellphone records.

The court itself has no special master, so the attorneys would all have to agree on someone they would think would be fair and impartial and qualified. Then they would all have to agree how the person would be paid and by whom. And how binding any decisions would be. It would take time, then a lot of time for the SM to review all the voluminous phone records, and then there could still be more hearings. I'm not sure if I'd go for that if I were an objector.

Here's how badly that went for JB & Team KC: He tipped his hand on calling JG & AH suspects, guess now we know where he's headed at trial (SODDI)....And TM indicated the tape was not important to a jury but is important to tainting of a jury pool? Huh? They are hurtin right now....At what point can the new atty. step in and take this over? Will she only be active at trial, or can she oversee some of these motions? Someone needs to get control of them, or these counsels will be deemed insufficient before we even get to trial.

Has anyone got an "instant replay" link yet? I missed about half of the hearing and would LOVE to watch it in its entirety.

Here is my thoughts on the violation of her medical privacy rights, some of which I was able to watch-when we go to the doctors office, we sit in a waiting room, correct? Many times, more often than not these days, there is a television in said waiting room, to entertain us as we wait. Now, our HIPPA privacy rights do not extend to the waiting room, as far as them calling out our name, and how we ACT while we are sitting there waiting. How is it different in jail? Casey was "in the waiting room" in the medical facility. She was not being administered care or treatment. She was sitting in the waiting room as we all do as we await our private time with the doctor/nurse. How is that time protected? I don't believe it is.

The defence also brought up Jesse's polygraph test. *hmm*
Is it possible he failed on certain questions?
Is the defence allowed to view His results?

The court itself has no special master, so the attorneys would all have to agree on someone they would think would be fair and impartial and qualified. Then they would all have to agree how the person would be paid and by whom. And how binding any decisions would be. It would take time, then a lot of time for the SM to review all the voluminous phone records, and then there could still be more hearings. I'm not sure if I'd go for that if I were an objector.

Basically, I think this is another way, as another poster said, for JB to delegate his work, and to now share the cost of his work with the taxpayers of Florida (should the SA or Jail Atty. have to cost share a special master)

Has anyone got an "instant replay" link yet? I missed about half of the hearing and would LOVE to watch it in its entirety.

Here is my thoughts on the violation of her medical privacy rights, some of which I was able to watch-when we go to the doctors office, we sit in a waiting room, correct? Many times, more often than not these days, there is a television in said waiting room, to entertain us as we wait. Now, our HIPPA privacy rights do not extend to the waiting room, as far as them calling out our name, and how we ACT while we are sitting there waiting. How is it different in jail? Casey was "in the waiting room" in the medical facility. She was not being administered care or treatment. She was sitting in the waiting room as we all do as we await our private time with the doctor/nurse. How is that time protected? I don't believe it is.

wftv has raw video. Beware the sound at the beginning. First none and then Wowsers!! Then normal.

Basically, I think this is another way, as another poster said, for JB to delegate his work, and to now share the cost of his work with the taxpayers of Florida (should the SA or Jail Atty. have to cost share a special master)

It doesn't make sense to me at all. Why not amend the subpoena as requested by AZ and Kronk's attorney to only request records for a specific amount of time? Instead he wants to make this more difficult and add another person who will need to be paid? Making things much more difficult than they need to be. But, I guess that's their plan, drag this out for as long as possible. :other_beatingA_Dead

Here's how badly that went for JB & Team KC: He tipped his hand on calling JG & AH suspects, guess now we know where he's headed at trial (SODDI)....And TM indicated the tape was not important to a jury but is important to tainting of a jury pool? Huh? They are hurtin right now....At what point can the new atty. step in and take this over? Will she only be active at trial, or can she oversee some of these motions? Someone needs to get control of them, or these counsels will be deemed insufficient before we even get to trial.

Perhaps the idea of the new atty taking over is why her paperwork is only being faxed over today? Can't let go of the reins...

The judge reluctantly added at the end that he could actually do it himself in camera and JB jokingly asked if it would be free. Strickland agreed that it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy