2009.05.28 Motions Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I am wrong but this was pretty much 1 1/2 hr long hearing to set new hearings? I know they argued the privacy issues etc. but it pretty much amounted to a hearing to schedue a hearing.

Yes, because once again his documents were not prepared correctly. At some point it should be obvious to Casey, the common theme in the hearings is the inexperience of Baez. Now he is no longer lead counsel, even if the new addition has a book to sell, LOL
Coming in January 2010 by Kaplan Publishing!

"Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer", the story of the first woman in the nation to serve as lead attorney on a death penalty case. This book follows the development of a new kind of defense attorney.

Baez didn't even file the documents to introduce her in to the case correctly, and since he gave press releases two weeks ago that he had someone on board, surely he had the time. She is going to have to take the lead, no question.

Admittedly, I haven't read the whole thread. But just want to say...one of her (many) attorneys, Macaluso, I think, said she received no medical care whatsoever. Sooooooo, how's it a violation of her right to privacy as to medical issues? Just saying.

He also began his argument that the footage would not hurt his client nor public perception of her. A few minutes later he said the exact opposite. His argument made no sense whatsoever.

I'm unlcear on if anything at all got resolved - except for the various attorneys for those that don't want their cell phone records skewered by the defense.

I wonder if some of this isn't strategy by the defence to have motion motion motion up until the trial date and then cry that they still haven't had time to prepare.

Yes, Today, I got the strangest vibe from those close-ups:eek:

Very, very Scary

I have seen this type of constantly shifting eye movements a few times...when I worked on a Psych ward...it's called "Schizophrenia!"

OK, I think we really need to hear from anyone who has experience with trials - to me, this whole thing seems out of the norm - almost like a circus. I cannot believe the delays, the motions to set new hearings to hear motions, and the disrespect going on.

Calling JG and AH "suspects", KC and JB's whispers and smiles back and forth, etc.

This is OUR justice system?

Even OJ trial was more professional, IMO.

Just angry - ridiculous!!!!!!!!

They better hope JB doesn't want THEIR phone records next. The wheels on the bus go round and round...

IIRC, JB has asked for their phone records and AL's and RM's and none of those people have objected.

The judge said unless an attorney for one of them filed an objection, once JB got his motion filed correctly the motion would be granted.

If you so badly want matters to be heard, and for the court to rule in your favor, there is absolutely no excuse, with this many lawyers involved, for the defense to fail to file the necessary briefs, etc. in a timely manner in advance of the hearing, so that the other parties could respond and the court COULD rule. I've lost the energy to even go on and on about how they waste the court's time.

Towards the end of the hearing Cindy was watching the camera out of the corner of her eye (sneaky) and she saw she was being zoomed in so she ducked down and pretended she was looking for something on the floor.
Something's up, she looks like she's been crying for days.

I caught George doing this too at the same time. Watching the camera. It's pathetic. They love the camera. I don't care how much they want to deny it.

What did I miss here? Everyone knew today was about the tape so why weren't any media lawyers there to request it be released?

I know! It made my head hurt that once again there were no media attorney's there to argue their stance on release of the medical footage.

Momtective - just want to thank you for the screen shots you always put up during these hearings. You have a gift for capturing things at just the right second. :wink: :blowkiss:

I caught George doing this too at the same time. Watching the camera. It's pathetic. They love the camera. I don't care how much they want to deny it.

I said that early on as well. Totally agree.

I am not saying they were not heartbroken about losing their granddaughter, whom I really believe they loved.

However, once it was done and done - no turning back - they are enjoying their new found wealth and fame.

As are the rest of the defense, IMO. Just makes me really, really sad.

Momtective - just want to thank you for the screen shots you always put up during these hearings. You have a gift for capturing things at just the right second. :wink: :blowkiss:

And :clap: to Tater for the great updates. You were typing your tail off and deserve a huge thanks as well! :blowkiss:

I think that's because Jose provided amended docs to everyone at 6pm last night or this morning and no one had time to prepare

I think the last minute filing was a strategic gesture on Baez's part. Then again, I'd be surprised if he thought that strategically. I don't know. lol

Verité;3803318 said:
I bet the note said, "Stop smiling!"

To which KC wrote back - ZFG told me to smile. I have no choice but to do what she said so I can keep my family safe.

we're seeing history in the making, in glorious high def.
a. lyon is what kc will look like, after spending 30 years
in a fla. prison for murder. :woohoo:

I thought the exact same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics