2009.07.28 / 2009.07.29 Deposition Cindy Anthony Transcript parts 1 and 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CA is completely out of touch with reality. I read her deposition and you would swear everything KC told her was the gospel truth. I'm also 100% convinced that she is perfectly comfortable telling "half-truths" and "mis-truths." The chlorophyll thing knocked my socks off.

What knocked my socks off was the fact that she was totally caught in a lie ... BIG TIME. She absolutely could not, despite claiming to be a "student of latin", spell chlorophyll. Even after she tried 2 or 3 different times. How much you wanna bet when she takes the stand to testify they will totally impeach her using this very question?

I wonder why the SA asked if any of the Anthony family had nicknames. Any ideas?

<Respectfully snipped by me>
In CA's deposition, she also states that she knows Amy and Ricardo are into heroin. Now IMO, that's a pretty strong accusation to be flinging around.

And yes, didn't we all fall down the rabbit hole?
:floorlaugh:

I know it's different looking into AnthonyLand than anywhere else I've been.

If I were an attorney in FL I would rep Amy and Ricardo for free in a defamation suit against CA.

I'm having to really take my time with Cindy's depo - take it in small doses. It's the first time I just haven't been able to read or listen to her straight through. All those times I went straight through have taken their toll on me. And I mean that literally.

Anyway, I'm about halfway through part 2. There are two things that have struck me throughout:

- Cindy always says 'we'. Doesn't matter who she's referring to - George, Casey, Lee, Caylee, or any combination thereof - it's always 'we'. Not George did this and then I did that, or Lee did that and then Casey did this. It's always 'we'. She's melded the entire family into a single entity, from which she can't separate herself. Her self.

I don't know if this makes her feel more powerful, by trying to make sure whoever she's addressing think they are always dealing with numbers of people, rather than just with Cindy. I wish I knew why she does this.

- Cindy takes every and any opportunity to accuse everyone of everything, no matter how farfetched. She just doesn't pass up a chance to accuse every single person who comes up, or who she can bring into the conversation. Everyone has done something wrong. Except her daughter, who has lied, stolen, used her, and murdered her baby. It's mind blowing.

The contrast is striking, shocking even. These ordinary people living ordinary lives - the friends, LE, the SAs. They haven't hurt a soul. So many of them are all about helping others. And Cindy spares not a one.

But her daughter, who is so without morals or conscience, in all this, gets not a single lash of Cindy's tongue.

I just don't know how this can be.

There are a number of individual and specific things that have caught my attention, but these two recurring 'themes', pervasive throughout this long deposition, strike me again and again as I read.

I'm having to really take my time with Cindy's depo - take it in small doses. It's the first time I just haven't been able to read or listen to her straight through. All those times I went straight through have taken their toll on me. And I mean that literally.

Anyway, I'm about halfway through part 2. There are two things that have struck me throughout:

- Cindy always says 'we'. Doesn't matter who she's referring to - George, Casey, Lee, Caylee, or any combination thereof - it's always 'we'. Not George did this and then I did that, or Lee did that and then Casey did this. It's always 'we'. She's melded the entire family into a single entity, from which she can't separate herself. Her self.

I don't know if this makes her feel more powerful, by trying to make sure whoever she's addressing think they are always dealing with numbers of people, rather than just with Cindy. I wish I knew why she does this.

- Cindy takes every and any opportunity to accuse everyone of everything, no matter how farfetched. She just doesn't pass up a chance to accuse every single person who comes up, or who she can bring into the conversation. Everyone has done something wrong. Except her daughter, who has lied, stolen, used her, and murdered her baby. It's mind blowing.

The contrast is striking, shocking even. These ordinary people living ordinary lives - the friends, LE, the SAs. They haven't hurt a soul. So many of them are all about helping others. And Cindy spares not a one.

But her daughter, who is so without morals or conscience, in all this, gets not a single lash of Cindy's tongue.

I just don't know how this can be.

There are a number of individual and specific things that have caught my attention, but these two recurring 'themes', pervasive throughout this long deposition, strike me again and again as I read.

BBM. BeanE, what you are describing is a classic case of enmeshment and boundary issues in this family. I did some research on family systems in college and it is fascinating. If you are interested, you might want to Google "enmeshment" and "family systems theory."

ETA: The reason Cindy defends Casey so ferociously (aside from wanting to spare her conviction) is that she views Casey as an extension of herself (identifies with her so strongly- where does one end and the other begin?) IMO.

BBM. BeanE, what you are describing is a classic case of enmeshment and boundary issues in this family. I did some research on family systems in college and it is fascinating. If you are interested, you might want to Google "enmeshment" and "family systems theory."

ETA: The reason Cindy defends Casey so ferociously (aside from wanting to spare her conviction) is that she views Casey as an extension of herself (identifies with her so strongly- where does one end and the other begin?) IMO.

Actually, I just assumed she was using the "royal" we, as if she is some kind of queen.*

I just had to duck in here - BeanE I am having the same problem with reading this! I feel like I've been underwater holding my breath and need to come up for air and I'm getting the bends or something.

One thing that also strikes me as well is how many times the attorneys are entering and exiting the room. I haven't gone back to see if it's true, but it might be after some egregious "half-truth" and they cannot stifle their laughter or disgust and need to go in the hallway to safely vent. Or it just be that they need a break the same way we do because you can just cut it with a knife.

Honestly, this woman makes the outlandish fibs my daughter tried to tell when she was four or five look rational in contrast. She is one piece of work!

*(Conversely though, it always bugs me when I go into a store and a salesperson says "I" inappropriately. As in "I'll check to see if I have any more in the back". Using the singular first person as if it is his store and not owned by a company who employs him. His personal inventory or something. Or a married woman who says "My kids" and "my house" instead of "our" kids and house. I know it's petty but it irks me.)

The exchange below caught my eye when I first read CA's depo. It seemed as if she may be setting up a defense for KC - that Caylee either drowned in the tub or that she banged her head while having a tantrum. Now, it's really making me think since we have discussed the front tooth. It's curious that SA asked if she banged her head?? Probably just me really reaching....:rolleyes:

Pg 83 Cindy's depo:

A It was usually at home. She never had a tantrum when we were out. It was usually at home, usually towards the evening when she was tired and I knew --
Q Uh-huh
A -- it was probably because she was tired. So, I'd usually take her and put her in the tub and let her cry until she got it out of her system.
Q Okay. Did she throw herself on the floor? I mean some kids will bang their head.
A Once in a while she -- she wouldn't really throw herself on the floor, but she'd get down and just do this (indicating) on her bed or on the floor. But she'd bend over and do it.
Q Okay.
A And I'd tell her not to do that, but then she'd get up and walk into another room.
Q Uh-huh. Do it again.
A Do it again.
Q Right.
A So --

Didn't CA put a book in KC's room with the page open to how to handle children who throw tantrums?

You know, from reading everything, one thing is blatantly clear...they all think Casey is innocent, right? (Or pretend) Well, not ONE of them seems at all worried that a CRAZED BABY KILLER who kidnaps children, leaves "instructions", sinisterly kills the child, duct tapes her, puts her in a trunk, dumps her close to the "distraught" mother's house, then DISAPPEARS into the night......has not been apprehended.

You know, from reading everything, one thing is blatantly clear...they all think Casey is innocent, right? (Or pretend) Well, not ONE of them seems at all worried that a CRAZED BABY KILLER who kidnaps children, leaves "instructions", sinisterly kills the child, duct tapes her, puts her in a trunk, dumps her close to the "distraught" mother's house, then DISAPPEARS into the night......has not been apprehended.

Exactly right ... oh and didn't this 'Crazed Baby Killer' possibly have a key to their house. I wonder if the've changed all the locks yet??:waitasec:

Why were these depos released early? Was it because of 48 hrs? Maybe the SA is about to release important evidence and they don't want the A's to try and cover after wards like CA did with the chloroform search. It's possible the SA wants the A's answers to certain questions public knowledge so that it will be harder for them to contradict themselves after evidence is released.

Why were these depos released early? Was it because of 48 hrs? Maybe the SA is about to release important evidence and they don't want the A's to try and cover after wards like CA did with the chloroform search. It's possible the SA wants the A's answers to certain questions public knowledge so that it will be harder for them to contradict themselves after evidence is released.

I sure hope so.

It was stated I think by WFTV that this was an unusual move for the SAO to release depositions like this.

I'm keeping in mind that the SA wants us to know something very important while reading the depos. Right now I think it may be that KC is paying her defense team through sales of pics of Caylee. MOO

I'm also keeping in mind that it may not be at all that the SA wants the public to know something important, but that it is as you said a strategic move aimed at the defense and as prep for the trial.

I hope to God that one of the SAs will write a book later. Either that or maybe they'll hire me to dust their keyboards, which I'll strategically do during their meetings. :)

Hmmm, early on in PII CA states that it hadnt rained in weeks. However GA says it rained on the way home which increased the smell of the car.

Which is it A's?

(there is much much more but my head is spinning)

Oh and the HORROR of the stink of cigarette smoke... obviously TL must be involved because he SMOKES!!!

And all the nefarious "black gentlemen". There are really just NO WORDS.
ITA! The horror of the cigarette smoke should have been NOTHING compared to the smell of their DECOMPOSING granddaughter! Mind blowing!

It was stated I think by WFTV that this was an unusual move for the SAO to release depositions like this.

I'm keeping in mind that the SA wants us to know something very important while reading the depos. Right now I think it may be that KC is paying her defense team through sales of pics of Caylee. MOO

I'm also keeping in mind that it may not be at all that the SA wants the public to know something important, but that it is as you said a strategic move aimed at the defense and as prep for the trial.

I hope to God that one of the SAs will write a book later. Either that or maybe they'll hire me to dust their keyboards, which I'll strategically do during their meetings. :)

Good point. If JB wrote the list in 22H, it looks like he knew early on that Caylee was dead and immediately began instructing KC to collect her pictures for money. Since Ca was in on the collections this makes both CA and KC look even more cold hearted. What mother would gather DNA for her dead child and at the same time collect her photos to sell?

If the release was a prep for trial it seems more likely that the depos would have been released closer to trial date. Fresh knowledge for those with diminishing memory like me.

On the other hand, we haven't seen all the discovery either, entomology ect.

Didn't CA put a book in KC's room with the page open to how to handle children who throw tantrums?

Maybe that was CA's book for KC when she was 2 years old. If so, it did not work.

Ya know, CA quibbles with her semantics all the time in addition to using her brand of manipulation and deflection. Sheeze, so too do JB and ALyons. The whole lot of the defense crew.

Problem is when one throws out semantics consistently, the other party pretty much can see through the garbage attached.

You can bet your bippy that the SA's were controlling their facial expressions while listening to them. I would have been rolling my eyes and been :rotfl: .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back