2009.08.21 Motions hearing #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Patty you look different!! You were always one of my favorites! I knew right where to turn to get quality information and get soem info out there.

This is a fantastic forum, I don't go anywhere else anymore aside from news sites. Glad that a few people closer to this case realize the significance of the work people here do. I hope LE is here, too :)

It was mentioned in court today. I made a tremendous error leaving Baez's office without the copy. No excuses but I was in a daze upon hearing that I was going to be arrested and going to jail in Florida. Thanks God I was not and didn't have to hire Jose!!! You are right though!!

Dude is a con man... plain and simple. imo

I hope he gets it fed to him at trial!

Funniest quote of the day

Stan Strickland to Jose Baez: "You take your flamboyant cowboys as you find them."

I thought you didn't believe it was me?

I am the Bail Agent. I was the one who put up the bond (not money) for Casey's release. Leonard is a bounty hunter and by far the best bounty hunter on the planet. No joking here! He is good. He put up the $50,000 premium for the bond. Rob is also a former police officer and bounty hunter and is also very good. He and Leonard have worked together for years. As for Tracy I don't think it's anybody's business but she is not at all law enfrocement. She will be out there later than sooner.

One last thing before I call it a night, Tony.

I have never had to bail anyone out of jail so don't know....when Leonard contacted you about putting up the bond and paid you the 10% fee, is there a contract between the two of you?

Your agreement (contract per se) at the time you placed the bond to get Casey out of jail was then with the State of FLA, correct?

So the Anthonys, Jose, Casey had no agreement or anything with you or Leonard concerning bailing Casey out of jail, right?

HOWEVER, in order to protect your investment, you (bailbondsman), Leonard and his "employees" (Rob, Tracy) went to Orlando to keep an eye on Casey to make sure she didn't take off?

HOWEVER, Jose could/would have blocked access to her unless you guys all agreed to Jose's terms in the form of an agreement of what you could/couldn't do/say in her presence but were NOT hired by Jose?

Did either you or Leonard financially compensate Rob or Tracey during their time in Florida with Casey...in essence, they became "employed" by either of you as security?

Do I have this right????

If I had to wager a firm guess, I'd say that Judge Strickland is not going to find that LP & crew had an agency agreement with the defense. As LDB so succinctly pointed out to the court, one goes by the "four corners" of the document (which is the Privacy Agreement) and the document in question basically spells out in black and white that there was no agency agreement (i.e., LP & crew were not employees of the defense).

LDB also cleverly pointed out that even IF there was a valid agency agreement (i.e., LP and crew found to be employees of the defense) the presence of a third-party would destroy the privilege. In other words, any time a third-party (like Lee, George, Cindy, or any other person) was present and Casey said anything to LP & crew then all the statements would not be privileged. This is also supported by George's own testimony that if Baez was not present he insisted that a family member be present if LP & crew were present (which is the opposite of what would happen if it was an agency relationship).

Therefore, LP & crews' interviews will not be quashed, just my opinion.

I totally agree. In addition JB has made no prior attempts to address LP discussing what he has seen or heard on TV. JB cannot selectively choose when he is going to claim privilege. Privilege, if it existed and I don't think it did, has been pierced. That ship has already sailed.

If there is nothing new and incriminating in what LP might testify to, then why try to block it??:waitasec:

Everybody assumes that Leonard spent an incredible amount of time with Casey. He did not. He was in the car home from the jail with not only Casey but Rob, Jose, Edmond (JOse's paralegal) and another attorney who has since disappeared from the case. Then he tried getting Casey to talk in front of Cindy and Rob and Tracy. That laasted about 2 minutes. That story is VERY interesting but I am not going to ever tell that. That will be out after the trial. Tracy spent by far the most time with Casey. Then Rob and then myself. All this stuff Leonard throws out there is either made up or stuff he got from us.

I thought you didn't believe it was me?

I am the Bail Agent. I was the one who put up the bond (not money) for Casey's release. Leonard is a bounty hunter and by far the best bounty hunter on the planet. No joking here! He is good. He put up the $50,000 premium for the bond. Rob is also a former police officer and bounty hunter and is also very good. He and Leonard have worked together for years. As for Tracy I don't think it's anybody's business but she is not at all law enfrocement. She will be out there later than sooner.

OK so I had everything backward sortof - so what else is new!

I didn't believe you when you came out and openly put down LP - seemed off to me. Everyone here said to believe you so I guess I can. Plus I took a peek back here and something you said caught my ear and rang truer.

So now Tracy has to testify at the trial and it's all your fault - is that what you're saying?

Just kidding. I think you said you did not catch the name that it started with a "C". Campbell is a very common name. Most people do not realize how many people have that last name.

It's cool but I was just responding to someone who didn't catch the name that started with a "C". I was just responding with the name they didn't catch. :crazy: All is good.

Are you an attorney? There was also a 3rd party in the office when we met with Baez which negates the agreement as well.

No. You are misreading what I wrote and I'm sorry for that. I was speaking about what Casey may or may not have said to you or any of your group (LP, RD, TMc) in the presence of any third party who is not one of her attorneys.

Everything has mellowed until this week. I changed my cell number so the media and some nuts cant get to me. I know my business number is on the internet but since she went back to jail nobody has really bothered me. Business is terrible. Money is very tight to say the least. My family handled this really well. Thanks for asking!!!

Well, EVERYONE's business is being impacted by this economy. I'm glad the nutcases are leaving you alone now.

I agree with you about Leonard's actions after Casey was incarcerated, btw. I respect him and think highly of him, but I do think he got carried away with being on TV - especially the memorial at J Blanchard Park. On the other hand, he invested $50,000 in this deal, so I can't blame him for wanting to get his money's worth!

Where can this be found? Isn't the motion on line?

So there IS a written document, and it was entered into court as part of his motion?????

And the prosecution, having received a copy of this motion and document, is fully aware that it is a "phony", but neglected to bring that to the attention of the judge today???

And Tony, Tony, Tony.......never, never, never sign ANYTHING without immediately retaining a copy for yourself....#1 RULE OF BUSINESS. :crazy:

It was presented to the Judge today during the hearing. The whole hearing can be viewed online.

I have never had to bail anyone out of jail so don't know....when Leonard contacted you about putting up the bond and paid you the 10% fee, is there a contract between the two of you?

Your agreement (contract per se) at the time you placed the bond to get Casey out of jail was then with the State of FLA, correct?

So the Anthonys, Jose, Casey had no agreement or anything with you or Leonard concerning bailing Casey out of jail, right?

HOWEVER, in order to protect your investment, you (bailbondsman), Leonard and his "employees" (Rob, Tracy) went to Orlando to keep an eye on Casey to make sure she didn't take off?

HOWEVER, Jose could/would have blocked access to her unless you guys all agreed to Jose's terms in the form of an agreement of what you could/couldn't do/say in her presence but were NOT hired by Jose?

Do I have this right????

That is also how I understand it and the "Privacy Agreement" is attached to one of Jose's latest motions. LDB quoted the applicable parts and it sure reads as saying essentially "no agency agreement".

Never paid. No copies of the agreement. It was crazy in that office that day because of the possible warrants being issued for me and Leonard to be arrested. A huge mistake on my part now that I know the type of person Jose is.

How did LP get involved in the first place? Did JB beckon him to come? What was supposed to be the deal as you understood it?

HOWEVER, in order to protect your investment, you (bailbondsman), Leonard and his "employees" (Rob, Tracy) went to Orlando to keep an eye on Casey to make sure she didn't take off

Did either you or Leonard financially compensate Rob or Tracey during their time in Florida with Casey...in essence, they became "employed" by either of you as security?

Do I have this right????

#1 Yes there is an agreement that Leonard signed between me and him.
#2 Yes and know. That would take a long time to explain but because of how the licensing works regarding bail in other states. It's basically a transfer bond but it's kind of technical.
#3 That is correct. The only stipulation was that Tracy and Rob be allowed to live in the house with the Anthony's. Baez knew that and changed that part of the agreement when Casey got out.
#4 When Jose changed the rules I wanted to surrender the bond immediately. Leonard asked me not to do that.
#5 There was no compensation paid to anybody except the RV company where we rented the RV from because Rob was no longer allowed to stay in the house. We had to be close for Tracy's safety.

Second laugh of the hearing:

Jose Baez hypothesizing: "Paralegal going rogue..."

Made me think of a new sexy video series called, "Paralegals Gone ROGUE!" Heh.

Tony, thank you so much for being here on WS this evening. This has been one of the most interesting and enlightening threads. I hope you will drop in and join in again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie