2009.10.12 Defense's Motions In Limine-Preclude Murder Case Evidence, Prior Bad Acts

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only things that I can think of would be

a) They claim that she had permission from AH to use the checks or because she had permission to use AH's car and the checkbook was in there that gives her permission by omission (kinda sorta)

b) they claim that she did use the checkbook but she had no money and was in panic mode looking for Caylee and needed the money and that she had every intention of paying it back but got caught before she could

I don't think either of these would work so I hope that they have come up with something more inventive. This case is truly cut and dried and is going to be a no brainer for the jury. Better to plead No Contest and take whatever punishment is appropriate or beg the proscecution for a plea deal with time served or a small amount of time left after time served.

Pretty lame at best, just as you say. B won't work at all because any mention of Caylee would bring in the murder trial!

This case is a quick no-brainer and Baez & Lyon are turning it into a lot more than it is.

How could they even pretend that Amy gave her permission, since she is the plaintiff in this case?

My best guess would be that KC charged Amy's and her (at the time she thought she could go) plane tickets to PR on CA's credit card. Hence, Amy owed her...but who knows?

Amy sleep walks and gives her money away...lol. It will be more interesting when they have to deal with stealing from grandma...

Oh and IIRC, JB agreed with Judge Strickland that the check fraud trial would only take a day. Also, wasn't there some discussion among the attorneys about this trial only being heard by Judge Strickland and not a jury? Or is this just wishful hoping on my part?
JB has lost the few if any brownie points he scored during the previous motion hearings. He owes not only Judge Strickland but the court clerks, the SA and the citizens of Florida a long apology for his behavior.

By the way, off topic somewhat, but doesn't the state have to give an accounting of the monies and resources spent to prosecute these crimes? Where does one go to find this $$$ amount.
BBM
The SA brought that up and said they could do away with a jury trial altogether and have JS hear the case..JB looked over at his co council,raised his eyebrows and smirked.

Pretty lame at best, just as you say. B won't work at all because any mention of Caylee would bring in the murder trial!

This case is a quick no-brainer and Baez & Lyon are turning it into a lot more than it is.

Yep,it could be dealt with fairly quietly,but no,they make another circus out of it.

I love it when the defense gets on their "soapbox" and complains about LE's incompetence with handling evidence.

It's even more entertaining when that same defense can't even submit a rather simple motion to the court without screwing it up!

I bet some law student is getting an "F" this semester in motion preparation.

My best guess would be that KC charged Amy's and her (at the time she thought she could go) plane tickets to PR on CA's credit card. Hence, Amy owed her...but who knows?

Amy sleep walks and gives her money away...lol. It will be more interesting when they have to deal with stealing from grandma...

Oh my goodness, the sleepwalking incident always concerned me that Casey had put something in her friend's drink to test it on her, to really knock her out. ( Of course Amy was not really sleepwalking, any more than Casey had an office at the end of the hall she was walling the detectives down at Universal), but I always thought there was a little more to the story. I hope I am wrong.

Oh my goodness, the sleepwalking incident always concerned me that Casey had put something in her friend's drink to test it on her, to really knock her out. ( Of course Amy was not really sleepwalking, any more than Casey had an office at the end of the hall she was walling the detectives down at Universal), but I always thought there was a little more to the story. I hope I am wrong.

Wow...I never even thought about that...Wow...

Oh and IIRC, JB agreed with Judge Strickland that the check fraud trial would only take a day. Also, wasn't there some discussion among the attorneys about this trial only being heard by Judge Strickland and not a jury? Or is this just wishful hoping on my part?

JB has lost the few if any brownie points he scored during the previous motion hearings. He owes not only Judge Strickland but the court clerks, the SA and the citizens of Florida a long apology for his behavior.

By the way, off topic somewhat, but doesn't the state have to give an accounting of the monies and resources spent to prosecute these crimes? Where does one go to find this $$$ amount.

If the defense is smart they would request a bench trial instead of a jury trial.

Oh wow. That plane ticket. Do we know if Cindy's credit card was used simply to reserve the ticket, or if it was actually charged the fare?

Oh wow. That plane ticket. Do we know if Cindy's credit card was used simply to reserve the ticket, or if it was actually charged the fare?

No idea. But it is possible that KC charged the tickets to CA's cc...given what was going on in that family at that time one...more straw to break the camel's back.

Knowing CAs attitude regarding :loser: KC when she was driving with AH I would have thunk that CA would rail into AH about that one.

CA saying something along the lines of .... what you're the AH that charged the airline ticket to PR on my credit card ...... since CA was already spilling to AH about KCs stealing habits.

But it would be some icing on the cake if in fact that is what KC did and then pocketed the money that AH gave her. (In addition to pocketing the money AH had saved for the trip.) ((Oh let's add the money that CA took from KCs wallet while I'm at it.))

Since I just posted I had a thought about AH testifying.

How in the dickens will JB avoid AH's testimony? TL called AH to tell her about KC and that LE had been to his apt because Caylee had been reported kidnapped. That is how AH learned KC had wiped out her bank account.

I'm confused what does this mean?

Page 2, Paragraph 1 -Motion In Limine To Exclude Evidence Of Alleged Prior Bad Acts

"The only purpose of evidence of these, and potentially other, alleged prior bad acts of Miss Anthony is to attempt to show Ms. Anthony had the propensity to not properly supervise it's students"

WHAT?????????? Is this a joke or am I missing something?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Forget first year law students. This hot mess looks like first week law students could have written better. I really would love to know who is funding this mockery of the justice system and it's grade Z defense team.

Actually, let them continue on this route....it'll GUARANTEE KC will get the DP!

Or it'll guarantee she gets a second trial based on poor counsel in the first one. :(

As much as they want to "try" this case, instead of plead it out.....they certainly are not wanting a repeat of the ZFG civil case where during the interviews Casey's bad behavior is transcribed into a legal document. They don't want the questions asked such as, Did you have a job at the time Ms. Anthony? What did you use the money for Ms. Anthony?.....anything gleaned from the testimony in the check fraud trial is up for grabs by the SA office to use in the murder trial, not vice versa, and it is my opinion that it is those "that's not relevent" questions that the defense doesn't want to have to battle on the fly.

As much as they want to "try" this case, instead of plead it out.....they certainly are not wanting a repeat of the ZFG civil case where during the interviews Casey's bad behavior is transcribed into a legal document. They don't want the questions asked such as, Did you have a job at the time Ms. Anthony? What did you use the money for Ms. Anthony?.....anything gleaned from the testimony in the check fraud trial is up for grabs by the SA office to use in the murder trial, not vice versa, and it is my opinion that it is those "that's not relevent" questions that the defense doesn't want to have to battle on the fly.

Exactly!
In short, she dare not open her mouth at all :laugh:

Or it'll guarantee she gets a second trial based on poor counsel in the first one. :(

That is what I am worried about. It would be horrible in the murder trial for sure not to mention the waste of tax dollars.

Question:

Can the court reject motions and etc if they are filled with spelling, grammer and just sloppy work?

Well, by about Friday of this week we should be able to see the State's response to these docs. Now that is worth waiting for :innocent:

If we get the State's answers on Friday, it will be a very busy day, what with the hearing that morning...... whew! And then Saturday is CA's 48 Hours appearance, for those who plan to watch..... busy, busy, busy!!

I have a few questions please...

What about the 911 call Cindy made saying she needed someone arrested because of grand theft.....Something about stealing the car and that she (cindy) also had affidavits and statements from her bank proving (other)theft. I know Cindy won't likely press charges, but can't the call be used at all in the fraud case?

I too, hope that Shirley P will testify for the state about the money she lost. But will Shirley be able to 'tell' what she knew about the 'taking of funds from GA & CA or will that be "hear say"?

AND in RG's statement he said that KC wrote JG a bum check for a phone bill a long time ago. Can JG testify in this trial about that (if he shows proof?), or does he have to press charges?

Oh yes, GA did state to the FBI during his interview that KC was taking(stealing) money from her moms account, AND the savings account he set up for Caylee AND the piggy bank as well. (sorry, link is in the case files thread) Can the SA use that at this trial as well?

Sorry about all the ?
Thanks all!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missledet