2009.22.09 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, JG. :) I think we agree about not presuming to diagnose. I don't agree about things that influenced her polys. IMO, There is too much evidence coming from too many different directions that she is intentionally withholding evidence that could bring justice to Haleigh. (I posted the details in the Misty and URGENT threads, fwiw.)

There is no excuse for that, IMO.

No, Misty would never score in the eighties. She's more in the low to high sixties. Which is where the spectrum of mild mental retardation is gaged up to the seventies, then if there's any mitigating other learning disorders/disabilities, throw in alcohol/drug abuse in gestation, then also low scoring intellectual parents, drives the diagnosis into the guidelines accepted by the medical profession. Social Security disability.

I guarantee the schools Misty attended noticed, tested and began series of tests, conferences with her parents, etc... Isn't this when Lisa was still doing strong drugs? She could have been legally held into account if it was determined as factors in Misty's condition. Which is why I conclude the Mother wanted her out of school, so these things wouldn't be discovered.

Misty is way above 60, although I have not tested her and do not have the authority to do so. I don't think IQ can adequately be tested. But just because Misty cannot write or read well, in no way diminishes how well she can think.

If the schools wanted to test Misty, they would have needed the parents permission and it is not unknown for parents from all spectrums of society to not want their children tested.

I think Misty is LD, I don't know the particulars of her mental state. I think she has a disability which includes her desire to self medicate. I don't think she is mentally challenged like the inference is in the above post. Immaturity, drug abuse, emotional insecurity all play a part. JMO

I also, cannot diagnose Misty. I think we all are aware that at our best, our thoughts are guesses. My 'guess' would put Misty's iq at low to mid 70's, maybe close to 80. Then I would factor in emotional insecurity, immaturity, drugs that may have been abused and poor social skills. However, I would like too see these tests done on her, and proper diagnoses made. While it would in no way excuse her if she is truly lying, it could clear up a lot of confusion if she is NOT lying, merely inconsistent due to her inability to properly answer questions, remember details or give coherent, accurate details. I would also pursue strongly the idea that she may have been asleep or under the influence of any drugs, therefore maybe her 'dreamlike' memories really are memories. She realistically may not have clear (or any) memory of that evening, even prior to going to sleep, and may be 'filling in' the details as she thinks they would (or should) be. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back