2009.5.04 Change of Venue and tainting the Jury Pool

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in Florida but on the far west end of it in Pensacola and I think everyone here has been keeping tabs on this case.
I think its been Cindy and George who has people watching it so much by the way they have acted all during this murder charge on their daughter.

I am in Florida but on the far west end of it in Pensacola and I think everyone here has been keeping tabs on this case.
I think its been Cindy and George who has people watching it so much by the way they have acted all during this murder charge on their daughter.

I agree! CA and GA are keeping the spotlight going, and not in a good way either!

:blowkiss:

So... JB is doing a presser this afternoon about this? Did I read that right?

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/...st_change_of_venue_in_casey_anthony_case.html

(link credit to Angel Who Cares)

Casey’s attorney, Jose Baez, will file for a change of venue Monday at the Orange County Courthouse, according to his spokeswoman, Marti Mackenzie.

Baez will then answer media questions after filing the motion, Mackenzie said

That's how I read it too ..

Good grief ..
Can't Baez keep his pie hole shut even for a day??? :bang:

Casey’s attorney, Jose Baez, will file for a change of venue Monday at the Orange County Courthouse, according to his spokeswoman, Marti Mackenzie.

Good grief ..
:clap::clap:

Every chance the Defense gets, they are whinning about how much has been leaked from the SA:waitasec: They are the ones out there, constantly holding pressers, planting seeds of doubt with preposterous comparisons to KC:bang:

:clap::clap:

Every chance the Defense gets, they are whinning about how much has been leaked from the SA:waitasec: They are the ones out there, constantly holding pressers, planting seeds of doubt with preposterous comparisons to KC:bang:

I hope the judge denies their request ..

Why move? The state..... Her parents...... Her attorney ........... all have already held a trial in the news....... She won't get a fair trial no matter where they move her. and YES I think shes guilty.............Guilty as hell........... But I don't agree with how much has slipped out in this case..... IMO someone could ADMITT to the death of little caylee and people would STILL say noooooo wayyyyyyyy not true! Casey did it. EVEN if they had proof they did it. I just cant believe how much has leaked out in this case. I have never seen anything like it. We should not IMO have cases tried in the public eye like this case has been. JMO

:waitasec: :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::waitasec:

:confused: :woohoo::woohoo:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

this is 2 0 0 9 ~ KC ~ JB ~ WORLD WIDE NEWS COVERAGE IN
JUST A MATTER OF MINUTES TO ***ANY **** news that

the World wants to hear............

So take it like a man..... Bite the bullet.....

crying time is near.........

It will still be:

Just the Facts !
Just the E V I D E N C E ! ! !

and
KC is :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

:Banane57::Welcome-12-june:
:bedtime::behindbar

JMO
:rolleyes:
God Bless !
jjgram

It's a DP case, they're going to get an appeal heard anyway if she is convicted (when she's convicted!), so Strickland needn't feel the pressure to move it simply for appellate reasons. Also, I'm way north of FL and I've been following this case since August of last year, as have several friends of mine. Throughout the country there are pockets of people who have followed this case.

Nancy Grace is national. The Early Show is national. GMA is national. Larry King is national. Greta Van Sustern is national. Geraldo Rivera is national. And who went on those shows? Not the SA who asked for the gag order. It is the nightmare team and GA and CA (and remember, CA raised her hand in court to make sure the gag order wouldn't apply to them! Oh no! CA be quiet??! Be still my heart!) that have traveled all over the country to plead their case to the public. The only thing the prosecution has done is follow the Sunshine Laws, and they should not be penalized for that (and someone needs to tell the nightmare team to stop calling FL laws "leaks").

The name of the game is "Jury Nullification". OJ's trial was moved from his upper class region to downtown LA... result an almost all black jury, who refused to believe the evidence versus their black football hero. That is called jury nullification.

JB wants a Miami venue, where there is a huge Hispanic population, and hopefully they will lean over backwards for the first Hispanic lawyer to handle a big murder case. It may be his only chance to win. It worries me.

I think the SA should come into the motion hearing with a tape of every interview and presser that the A family and the nightmare team has given and a tape of every interview and presser that the SA and LE have given. Stack 'em next to each other and see who should be complaining about 'trying the case in the press'.

Jamie Floyd on CourtTV/TruTV said that if they relocate a jury from another city to Orlando, that it can back-fire on the defense. The jury would not be happy if they have to stay in some motel (not the Ritz) and can focus their dissatisfaction on the defense. She also said that is actually the most cost effective when a change of venue is granted.

Good grief ..

question:
why oh why do we need a presser for this????? why does he need to call attention to this???? Can't he just e-mail the motion????? Why is everything a production for this team??????? :furious::furious::furious: Would calling a presser for this make the change???????

question:
why oh why do we need a presser for this????? why does he need to call attention to this???? Can't he just e-mail the motion????? Why is everything a production for this team??????? :furious::furious::furious: Would calling a presser for this make the change???????
I am guessing the same reason me and you and everyone else that stalks the caylee part of this site everyday looking for updates...... If we don't hear much people complain. If we hear to much people complain.

This is so true shgrbkr. I live in NW Florida and while most everyone here has heard of this case, most of the people I associate with or talk to know very few details! Local media doesn't cover this case at all anymore. The only reason I'm up to date on the details is because I'm a WS member, watch JVM and NG. I've found that most people who aren't obsessed with or have an interest in true crime stories really don't pay much attention to it. They're busy doing other things (like enjoying lfe - lol). My family and most of my friends think I'm a nut-job for following this case so closely! I am usually a total beach bum, but I sat on my fat butt in front of the t.v. and was on the puter the entire summer last year because of this whole saga. It's like a soap opera! Just when you think no more clowns could possibly step out of the clown car another pile of 'em unload!

I think a COV will be granted. Actually I'm prolly in the minority here, but I believe it should be moved out of Orlando. Yes, it will cost tax payers more, but if convicted couldn't KC claim later that she didn't get a fair trial because of the daily news coverage in the Orlando newspapers and broadcasts and file an appeal to have her conviction over turned for a new trial? Trying her a second time would be more costly. I'm just thinking out loud here -I'm barely even awake yet. My thoughts on this may change later when I wake up a bit!

BOLD by ME

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

LMAO Gypsy!! I have this picture now of all the defense team, the A's, Milsteads, etc in this little car pulling up to the courthouse and piling out! JB & LKB will be the ones with the big red flower on their hats! :woohoo:
George will have the seltzer bottle!

The defense is about as transparent as a sheet of Saran wrap ..

:loser:

Why move? The state..... Her parents...... Her attorney ........... all have already held a trial in the news....... She won't get a fair trial no matter where they move her. and YES I think shes guilty.............Guilty as hell........... But I don't agree with how much has slipped out in this case..... IMO someone could ADMITT to the death of little caylee and people would STILL say noooooo wayyyyyyyy not true! Casey did it. EVEN if they had proof they did it. I just cant believe how much has leaked out in this case. I have never seen anything like it. We should not IMO have cases tried in the public eye like this case has been. JMO

What has leaked out?

Can anyone tell me if the requirement to be a juror in this case would be that the juror knows nothing of the case? Or is the requirement only that the juror can be objective and consider only the evidence offered at trial?

If the latter it is my belief that given the large Orange County population a jury could easily be seated here and the cost of COV would outweigh the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth