2010.01.15 Letter to Judge Strickland WFTV

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Jefferson M H moved to his current location no later than June 2006.

Isn't anyone going to sleuth this stuff lol?

I'll get us started:

Letter writer's info: Juliet L (actually, is it OK to use ful names if they are fake people?) owned a condo at Westgate Lakes,
Actual info: Juliet L doesn't appear in Orange County property records at all (neither does Juliette L), there is no parcel with that number, although Westgate Lakes is indeed a condo property on Turkey Lake Rd (different parcel numbers). Looks like timeshares, though--they are all owned by Westgate Lakes LLC except one that is owned by another corporate entity. No sales there for the last 3 years (probably because they're timeshares).

I did a little sleuthing. In Casey's statement pg. 32 she states she met ZFG through a mutual friend, Jeffery Michael H.. On page 33, she writes that Jeff currently lives in Jacksonville, Florida. At one point she tells detectives that Jeff worked for Universal. This prompts them to investigate. They find that Jeff worked for Universal but was fired 5/13/02 (page 17).

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1080375/0825-Casey-Anthony-Documents-released-part-1

On page 3 of the letter, the writer mentions Jeff H. and a link is given for a Jefferson H. If you copy/paste that link you will find that his profile makes no mention of having worked at Universal and Jacksonville is not listed with the places he has lived.

This revealing information, along with what AZLawyer posted above is the kind of stuff that makes me think the A's are behind this. The letter writer makes claims as if they're facts, VERY much like the A's have done from the beginning. A "mistruth" here...another one there...and before you know it they wind up on the talk show circuit tainting the jury pool with their easily disproven lies. The song remains the same.

I think the A's may be behind this in an indirect (or shall we say backwards) way, but I still believe this letter is the result of some "sloppy sleuthing" by a group of "email/forum buddies" who contacted and befriended CA with promises of "helping".

We have even sometimes seen this "sloppy sleuthing" happen here in our forum by new temporary arrivals who try to post information as fact without documented links (but they don't stick around long), but thanks to our mods and regulars, we are able to substantiate fact as FACT as a collective group.

(OT..RH answers can be found in the PL)

From the very beginning, LE and the prosecution have been exceptionally professional. And also from the beginning, the Anthony family has been very critical of LE's investigation into the disappearance and murder of Caylee, initially trying to steer the investigation away from their daughter. They've tried to promote this as a kidnapped, missing child case, when in reality it's a murdered child case. Once Caylee's remains were found, they've accused LE of not investigating other friends and acquaintances thoroughly, and maintain that someone else murdered Caylee.

The Anthonys are desperate to paint their daughter as an innocent victim, and their desperation has only led to ridiculous claims that make her guilt more apparent.

There's been corruption in a few police agencies, but the Orange County Sheriffs Dept. has not done anything to even suggest one iota of a problem. It's wishful thinking on the part of the Anthonys that Casey is the victim of a a poorly handled investigation, or has been railroaded.

In this case LE and the prosecution are going to make sure that all their evidence is accurate and backed by proof. I have no doubt whatsoever that when we get to the trial, we're going to learn that contrary to the belief that we've seen all the evidence there is, we're going to learn things that LE and the prosecution has withheld........things that will tie their case up in a neat package.

LE and the prosecution did not drop the ball and we're going to see a professional presentation of the evidence backed by testimony and proof.

The more we see of this type of thing - a very unprofessional letter to the judge in the case - a very questionable tactic in terms of ethics, the more I'm convinced that there's a desperation on the part of the defense and those who support the defense to control the outcome of this case no matter what. Their desperation tells the story.

BBM.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I am surprised that this letter is just now being sent to JS. All of this information has been "out there" for awhile - like a year or so. Why is it just now being compiled and delivered? In order to believe that LE is unethically prosecuting KC, one would have to believe that many, many people from SAO, OCSO, FBI, FDLE, MBI, etc, all got together and planned out a huge scheme to frame KC. They would all have to cooperate in said scheme in order to not be able to provide any evidence to back KC's stories. That, in itself, would be a huge undertaking. There is no way possible that so many people could be convinced to lie in order to frame one person (KC) for something they didn't do. This conspiracy theory angle - that KC is being framed - is so ridiculous, it doesn't deserve any attention whatsoever, IMO.

I totally agree! This is like the opposite of connecting the dots in counter terrorism. If we cannot connect the obvious dots to identify a terrorist threat because organizations cannot cooperate, how on earth are we going to disconnect the dots so no-one, not SAO, OCSO, FBI, FDLE, or MBI, etc can support KC's story and all agree KC is the Perp.

Major conspiracy theory here if all of the investigative and prosecutorial organizations are in collusion against the A's

...and what would have prevented Mr. JH from coming forward? Surely someone must remember him and his son Zach. If as the writer claims, LE is surpressing evidence, what is to prevent this man from coming forward? He seems like an ordinary guy who has had absolutely NOTHING to do with Caylee's disappearance, so why not step forward? And, I must ask once again, why did Casey have a need for a nanny?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Exactly!!! I was going to research the info presented in this letter and I stopped myself.

1. None of these people have ever come forward, as far as we are aware and stated that they knew KC or Caylee (although they could have been ruled out by LE and it isn't a part of the investigation, so not releasable).

2. Ditto for the neighbors, friends, work associates ....

3. KC could never provide real locations or contact info for these people.

So loose connections have been made to KC's story and some names that seem to fit --- either the case is solved now and KC will go free or we'll go back to waiting for trial and the next ruse. I am personally not holding my breath and like KC's Defense I am focused on penalty mitigation strategy.

It is for all the reasons below that I have changed my opinion of this letter. It is not an interesting read. While I originally thought it summarized many of the possible defense positions, upon closer evaluation, I realize it is just a mishmash of ideas, with little or nothing to back up its statements. Upon reading this letter for the third and final time, some of the statements were so inaccurate, I found myself defending the prosecution, which is unusual for someone with the minority opinion to do LOL.

Death Hair, this is the first time I have ever heard the term death hair. I know he is talking about the death band, or postmortem banding, but DEATH HAIR is wrong. The writer claims the prosecution lied about this. The prosecution said there was a hair with apparent decomposition and the FBI confirmed this. The writer was wrong.
The writer accuses the prosecution of distorting the facts to the media. This is not true, the media is perfectly capable of distorting the facts on their own.
The writer claims the duct tape is the most common type produced. Duct tape itself may be very common, however, the Henkel brand duct tape would not be as common as duct tape in general, so once again, the writer is wrong.
The writer claims in August and September Caylee’s remains could not have been where they were ultimately found. The writers argument here is very weak.
The writer makes some very strong accusations of the prosecution being guilty of gross misconduct and coercion. There is no evidence of this provided.
The writer makes more weak arguments about the prosecutions case against KC.
I have not researched the information the writer supplied about ZFG, JH, JG, JL, or any of the others the writer named, so I do not know if there is any truth to what he implies in these areas. If his information is as weak, and or as wrong as the information above, I would guess his information about these people is not terribly reliable.
So it would seem that the writer of this letter is just as guilty of distorting the facts as he has accused the prosecution of being. As always my entire post is moo

It is for all the reasons below that I have changed my opinion of this letter. It is not an interesting read. While I originally thought it summarized many of the possible defense positions, upon closer evaluation, I realize it is just a mishmash of ideas, with little or nothing to back up its statements. Upon reading this letter for the third and final time, some of the statements were so inaccurate, I found myself defending the prosecution, which is unusual for someone with the minority opinion to do LOL.

Death Hair, this is the first time I have ever heard the term death hair. I know he is talking about the death band, or postmortem banding, but DEATH HAIR is wrong. The writer claims the prosecution lied about this. The prosecution said there was a hair with apparent decomposition and the FBI confirmed this. The writer was wrong.
The writer accuses the prosecution of distorting the facts to the media. This is not true, the media is perfectly capable of distorting the facts on their own.
The writer claims the duct tape is the most common type produced. Duct tape itself may be very common, however, the Henkel brand duct tape would not be as common as duct tape in general, so once again, the writer is wrong.
The writer claims in August and September Caylee’s remains could not have been where they were ultimately found. The writers argument here is very weak.
The writer makes some very strong accusations of the prosecution being guilty of gross misconduct and coercion. There is no evidence of this provided.
The writer makes more weak arguments about the prosecutions case against KC.
I have not researched the information the writer supplied about ZFG, JH, JG, JL, or any of the others the writer named, so I do not know if there is any truth to what he implies in these areas. If his information is as weak, and or as wrong as the information above, I would guess his information about these people is not terribly reliable.
So it would seem that the writer of this letter is just as guilty of distorting the facts as he has accused the prosecution of being. As always my entire post is moo

See, this is why I really appreciate you so much. It doesn't matter that you have a minority opinion, what matters is that you have an open and logical mind, and that you are always willing to change your opinion and mind based on the facts and evidence. That's a true sleuther, IMO, and someone truly interested in justice. You are never blinded to the truth by a stubborn will to be 'right'. My hats off to you, TDA. Glad you're here!

Nice try Researcher, Scientist and Concerned Citizen! (aka George and/or Cindy)

But no dice.

Team-A are a race of grammatically challenged beings who "assimilate" supporters into their group, in an effort to become "the" perfect family.

"We are the A's. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. You will support the Mother of the Year."

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious::furious:

I can't even let myself get bothered by all this nonsense anymore. It is all BS! I am looking forward to this coming week with the trials set, if it stays? Justice for Caylee will start !!!!!!!!!!

I would love for the person who wrote this to come clean here so we can "debate" the finer points of the letter. I'd be shocked if they weren't a member of WS...at the very least I think they have been reading here.

Well, how about this novel idea? Maybe a member of the defense team? Or "affiliated"?

JMHO

Well, certainly everyone has a right to their opinion. Writing a letter to the judge about it is unusual, but doesn't make it more credible than anyone elses opinion.

I admit, I didn't bother reading all of it, since it seemed biased to me, and lacked important info such as the empty apartment she took LE to, but perhaps I didn't read far enough.

Nor did I read her joyous life while her daughter was "missing" and only she knew, not telling anyone, including her mom, and lying to her mom about where her daughter was, or letting her stinky car get towed. I wonder if she would have ignored her car being towed if it hadn't stunk.

Her own father thought he would find a dead body in the trunk when he asked the guy to open it with him.

Her own mom said it smelled like a dead body had been in the d*mn car, she also said she had already lost one, and she wasn't going to lose another, short days after KC was arrested.

Lee's statements as to what KC said when they were in the bedroom alone waiting for LE to show up.. and on and on, and that's before one heads into the physical evidence.

KC doesn't have a snowballs chance in you know where, regardless of who writes a letter to the judge. What did that person expect the judge to do on his opinions alone, say oh man, he's right, let's let her out now, and drop all charges...lol

yawn.

Isn't anyone going to sleuth this stuff lol?

I'll get us started:

Letter writer's info: Juliet L (actually, is it OK to use ful names if they are fake people?) owned a condo at Westgate Lakes,

Actual info: Juliet L doesn't appear in Orange County property records at all (neither does Juliette L), there is no parcel with that number, although Westgate Lakes is indeed a condo property on Turkey Lake Rd (different parcel numbers). Looks like timeshares, though--they are all owned by Westgate Lakes LLC except one that is owned by another corporate entity. No sales there for the last 3 years (probably because they're timeshares).

AZ, I'll add to you post....

About the yet to materialize friend and co-worker Juliet L. When I read the statement "condo adjacent to Disney/Universal located at Westgate Lakes....etc." in the letter I honestly just laughed. Westgate Lakes Resorts on Turkey Lake Rd is adjacent to Orlando Regional Hospital at one end and a US Post Office at the other end.

Disney and Universal are not adjacent to each other and Westgate Lakes on Turkey Lake Rd (A Timeshare Resort) is not adjacent to either theme park.

The writer also states JL put her Condo (in a Timeshare resort :doh:) up for sale around August 2008 because Nickelodeon lost their contract and she moved to NY. Nickelodeon Studios closed it's Universal Studios location in April 2005. Between Sept 15-27 2008 it opened 2 studios to film the game show My Family's Got Guts. (This info is not difficult to find on the internet)

The only connection to Westgate Resort in this letter is, the still missing, Jennifer Kesse. It was reported at the time of Jennifer's disappearance that she was on her way to work, Westgate Resorts in Ocoee (parent company is CFI, Central Florida Investments owned by Timeshare mogul David Siegel).
Info available on the internet as well.

:) :twocents:

In addition to all the nonsense regarding KC's imaginary co-workers/outcry witnesses, the assertion regarding the "death band" hair's impossibility is also nonsense. Valhall has debunked that assertion in her most recent post. And she did it using the SAME thesis paper cited by the "concerned citizen".

Methinks the letter writer's facts are falling apart! If your foundation is built on falsehoods, even stacking "truths" up doesn't keep the tower from tumbling. I can hear the concrete crumble w/each debunking post. WS'rs rock!

Methinks the letter writer's facts are falling apart! If your foundation is built on falsehoods, even stacking "truths" up doesn't keep the tower from tumbling. I can hear the concrete crumble w/each debunking post. WS'rs rock!

Methinks the letter writer(s) are counting on a potential juror reading said letter and not ever checking things out for him/herself. It just takes one you know!! :banghead:

Methinks the letter writer(s) are counting on a potential juror reading said letter and not ever checking things out for him/herself. It just takes one you know!! :banghead:

True. But, I'm sure the state will put on an expert to expell any reasonable doubt caused by the "science" of this letter. And SA's will be able to put witnesses on the stand to refute the rest. The SA's could find the particular people mentioned in the letter and have them testify to the fact that they don't even know Casey. I think you're right about the object of the letter being to cast doubt on the State's case, I just don't think it's going to work.

IMO, after rereading Cindy's "My Caylee is Missing" Myspace post, her emails with DC, as well as George's recent letter about being under the microscope, there is no way I believe either of them penned a single line of the letter to Strickland.

I don't want to insult them, but the letter to Strickland is far more lengthy, detailed, and frankly lucid, then anything I have seen from the Anthony's.

So, I am not seeing this as an attempt by them to circumvent the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member