2010.03.14 Attorney Richard Hornsby discussing this case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a ribs place that Lee went to to find KC and KC avoided him at the beginning of July. Or a chicken wing place. I can't remember the name, but it wasn't Fat Tuesdays.

OK because Rozzie was insistent that it was only one week after KC left and she named Fat Tuesdays which happens to be at Universal City Walk.

Mr. Hornsby,
Loved your radio blog tonight. There was a story on the local news that referred to a Florida law that says if an adult child had been claimed on the parents taxes as a dependent that it would affect her indigent status. Supposedly any assets of the parents would have to be used to defend the child before the state would provide her with money for her defense. The story speculated that the foreclosure process was conveniently started just before Baez filed for the indigent status. Can you confirm that this is a law in Florida ? Can you comment on the foreclosure timing vs. the indigent status request.
thanks

Mr. Hornsby - you expressed concern that the J.A.C. isn't aware of the situation but it was reported that they have serious concerns.
In a 5 page letter responding to her request "The attorney pointed out Anthony has already come up with more than $110,000 to pay Jose Baez and Andrea Lyon, and it's not known where that money came from." from the article at WESH.

Well she said there was a depo BUT we don't know that ALL of them have been released. Honestly........I didn't here ANYTHING new tonight...other than the story about Lee going to Fat Tuesday's one week after KC and Caylee left.
does anyone know where the Fat Tuesdays is? I find a new one that has opened in Citywalk since caylee's murder, but trying to locate one that was there in 2008. Does anyone know where this club is? TIA Really need this location.

ETA: Oh! Nevermind I found it. thanks anyway!

As for Rozzie's statements about Lee, she is referring to a statement Lee Anthony supposedly gave to law enforcement pursuant to a grant of use immunity that his lawyer negotiated. I do not believe this "statement" has been released yet.

If I understood her correctly, she was implying that Lee had confronted Casey a week after Caylee was last seen; thus the family had known for at least three weeks that Caylee was missing. Which would explain why Cindy told Casey "we have given you over a month" to find Caylee.

But I don't see how that, in and of itself, is anything suspect. We KNEW they KNEW she hadn't been seen since June 15 (or 16th, depending on whether you believe GA), so to have Casey say Caylee was with friends, at the end of June, isn't really all that to be concerned about. She'd been saying that, and continued to say that, for another 3 weeks. So why is it such a big deal? I mean, I know it's a big deal NOW, but 'missing'? Could they have determined or deemed her 'missing' at that point? I go three weeks without seeing my neice, and I dont' think my sister killed her, so why would that even enter their minds at that point? They hadn't smelled the car yet.

Maybe we're reacting strongly to it because it's the first we've heard of this Fat Tuesdays in almost 2 years. Oh there must be so very very much more we don't know yet.

But I don't see how that, in and of itself, is anything suspect. We KNEW they KNEW she hadn't been seen since June 15 (or 16th, depending on whether you believe GA), so to have Casey say Caylee was with friends, at the end of June, isn't really all that to be concerned about. She'd been saying that, and continued to say that, for another 3 weeks. So why is it such a big deal? I mean, I know it's a big deal NOW, but 'missing'? Could they have determined or deemed her 'missing' at that point? I go three weeks without seeing my neice, and I dont' think my sister killed her, so why would that even enter their minds at that point? They hadn't smelled the car yet.

Maybe we're reacting strongly to it because it's the first we've heard of this Fat Tuesdays in almost 2 years. Oh there must be so very very much more we don't know yet.

With the benefit of hindsight we know its relevance, but I agree at that stage CA apparently thought she was still just getting the runaround, and if Casey was found in a bar by Lee it would be appropriate for Caylee to be 'at home' with a sitter...

Nope. Haven't heard nor read that information before.

Originally Posted by rhornsby
As for Rozzie's statements about Lee, she is referring to a statement Lee Anthony supposedly gave to law enforcement pursuant to a grant of use immunity that his lawyer negotiated. I do not believe this "statement" has been released yet.

Thats true, I mistakenly thought she said it was in LA's depo. So possibly a witness depo that was not released. Just think of the stuff we don't know about yet.

Did Lee's lawyer ask for use immunity, I believe, around the time he was deposed by the State?
Perhaps we haven't read everything from that depo

So you think this will be glossed over unless media pursues it, which they probably won't?

I have always candidly admitted that I do this for the obvious marketing advantages it provides (lawyer speak for "Free Publicity"). The big difference is that I do not play favorites, nor do I misstate information (at least I try not to), nor do I hide any agenda I may have.

If I understood her correctly, she was implying that Lee had confronted Casey a week after Caylee was last seen; thus the family had known for at least three weeks that Caylee was missing. Which would explain why Cindy told Casey "we have given you over a month" to find Caylee.

Thank You

Will the hearing this week will be closed?

Kathy, I haven't seen any of the local stations say they will carry it live YET.
The other hearings were open and televised so I expect this one to be also.

After all, they are going after public money.

I have always candidly admitted that I do this for the obvious marketing advantages it provides (lawyer speak for "Free Publicity"). The big difference is that I do not play favorites, nor do I misstate information (at least I try not to), nor do I hide any agenda I may have.

Can I just say, "I love you" :blowkiss:

You are the most upfront, honest, and unbiased legal eagle I have seen involved in this case. Not to be confused with the prosecutors. They have been just excellent! You really know your stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder