2010.04.06 KC's jail house letters released

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can certainly charge her, it's getting the conviction. How many people are charged, convicted and executed for drunk driving deaths? None that I'm aware of. Drunk driving is a criminal act, so is smoking crack while driving, but juries tend to side with the defendant if the actual outcome wasn't their desired or intended outcome. [as to a 1st degree murder conviction. Still guilty of criminally negligent manslaughter]

Sure could be.

It could also be someone in a panic trying to make it look like a kidnapping gone bad.

I'm really not trying to defend her here, but if a mother was in the habit of tranquilizing her child to go out and party and then the child dies, it's not first-degree murder.

The thing is the defense doesn't have to prove she didn't have a guilty mind per mens re, (the act does not make a person guilty unless the mind be also guilty), the prosecution has to prove she did.

That she sedated the child in the past creates some level of reasonable doubt as to her intent to kill.

According to the laws in Florida it does constitute murder one and Casey is charge correctly in accordance with Florida law. Also keep in mind that Casey does have an underlying charge of Aggravated Child Abuse as well as the murder charge itself. I don't want to rehash this entire discussion as I feel it's kind of OT to this particular thread. However there has been plenty of debate on this topic with some very good links to information about Florida laws in regards to murder and it's varying degrees and definitions as well as felony murder and it's levels and definitions. I would suggest reading the following threads.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76250"]"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75687"]Procedure and legal questions - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86380"]Jury Instructions and Reasonable Doubt - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86507"]"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91668"]"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I see cindy saying the same ole thing......."Nothing to see here ,folks.Move along.Nothing incriminating in these letters. Those other jailbirds are probably lying to save their own skins,but not MY jailbird.Those other girls in jail are way worse than KC. ". CA had the audacity to take a very pregnant KC to a family wedding and claim she was not pregnant.She will also have the audacity to say there's nothing to these letters and the jail house snitches.She will continue to sit at the bus stop . Question : LE subpeoned the A's computer. Who's computer were they using to e-mail letters to JB to pass to KC ? Lee's? The Milstead's? Holly G? The Library?

They must have bought a new computer. You can afford alot of things when you don't have a mortgage to pay!

One of the things that really stands out in these letters is just how dull KC is, how boring and unimaginative and cliched and vain and dreary. She seems to view herself as an artist and an intellectual and a theologian, but she is just a mindless consumer and platitudinous parroter of pop culture sprinkled with hearts and biblical references.
Even if she wasn't charged with being a cold-blooded killer I would be repulsed by her.

I am still only on page 92 of 'em, I am in england so I had to tap out way before all of yall :) just getting caught up on the thread before heading back into them, I see you're the one who said what I've been thinking since page 1.

regardless of the charges or anything else, I would have never much liked her. she's boring, childish, dreary.

Pg 75 of 100 http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2010/0406/23069328.pdf

Casey is talking about a "stalky black chick with 4 or 5 stomachs" because she was almost always begging for food. She says she was targeted by this gal one day and she, the bad a$$ that she is, told this gal to "mind her business"...she says the gal got all "black" about it or "ghetto" whatever...

She will be SLAUGHTERED in general population once she IS convicted. With an attitude like hers? She is all big bad KC behind the shelter of protective custody...let's see if she runs that mouth like that when she is no longer BEING protected.

She goes on to say how being quiet, patient and overly polite is what is working for HER with the CO's...That is as good, to me, as admitting her behavior is just an "act" that is "working for her" and not her real self as she proclaims earlier in the letters...

Anyhow, she actually uses the term "home girl" here as well...

she is in for a world of pain when she is convicted...a whole new world of pain starring KC Anthony...

i wonder what mom of the year is gonna say about her molestation accusations now.

If I'm not mistaken, it's not considered hearsay because Robyn claims this is what Casey said to her. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Whether it's truthful or not is for a jury to decide.

i should have said 'its hearsay to me'.

i think casey is guilty as sin, but the last thing i want is an appeal based on some back door deal this person got to say the stuff bout the chloroform........

A few things I noted (with my unprofessional opinion)

These letters cement for me, that Casey is, without a doubt, a Sociopath.
I don't believe they are a plant from the defense.
I don't believe Biaz read them before releasing them, however, I don't think he could stop the judge from ordering them to be released to the public, as I think they will be admissible in court.

The abuse is possibly real. It is possible. It could garner some sympathy and could possibly come into play in the sentencing.

I would love to see a handwriting analysis of her letters!

your bold but I would have bolded it if you didnt -

interestingly I must say that so far (page 92) I think I have stopped considering her a sociopath at all but a rampant narcissist.

maybe I misunderstand sociopathy but there is a great deal of feeling in the letters which I would not have anticipated.

not an expert, only a hobbyist so I havent analysed and it's very hard to do well on digital copies of copies but slant indicates feeling...the farther to the right, the more feeling she is releasing and the more to the left, the more she is holding back. the part where she is talking about cindy's betrayal? she's slanted all over the place. now, knowing that, look at the parts where she does mention caylee...

everyone seems to see her writing as being wildly different but in fact it doesnt change much aside from the difference in slant from letter to letter. her emotions are either nowhere or else all over the place.

A few things I noted (with my unprofessional opinion)

These letters cement for me, that Casey is, without a doubt, a Sociopath.
I don't believe they are a plant from the defense.
I don't believe Biaz read them before releasing them, however, I don't think he could stop the judge from ordering them to be released to the public, as I think they will be admissible in court.

The abuse is possibly real. It is possible. It could garner some sympathy and could possibly come into play in the sentencing.

I would love to see a handwriting analysis of her letters!

well i knew she was a sociopath the day i found out it took 31 days to report her daughter missing.........and that was even long before i decided caylee was even dead.

All this talk about Baez smuggling in Suduku puzzles, letters that the family emails to him to give to Casey and letters they write to her, he smuggles in as well. I would really like to know where those letters are? Can't the jail do a cell inspection? I thought this behavior on Baez's part is unethical? Is it legal for him to smuggle items and letters to Casey?

Again, I really don't think Baez took the time to read these letters and that is why he did not stop them from being released. He is lazy IMO. I just don't understand how the Bar has not kicked him off this case or his practice. I don't get it...

your bold but I would have bolded it if you didnt -

interestingly I must say that so far (page 92) I think I have stopped considering her a sociopath at all but a rampant narcissist.

maybe I misunderstand sociopathy but there is a great deal of feeling in the letters which I would not have anticipated.

not an expert, only a hobbyist so I havent analysed and it's very hard to do well on digital copies of copies but slant indicates feeling...the farther to the right, the more feeling she is releasing and the more to the left, the more she is holding back. the part where she is talking about cindy's betrayal? she's slanted all over the place. now, knowing that, look at the parts where she does mention caylee...

everyone seems to see her writing as being wildly different but in fact it doesnt change much aside from the difference in slant from letter to letter. her emotions are either nowhere or else all over the place.

sociopaths have lots of feelings, for themselves

Well, she better pray for a jury from another planet, after disparaging Italians, Hispanics and saying one chick "got all Black about it", God help her if she ever gets put in general population, for her prejudice, but mainly for killing a baby I believe she would be brutally murdered in prison. I don't think she will ever be in GP, is that correct?

pg 80 of 100 KC refers to her situation (being locked up with a bunk and cinderblocks) as a "transitional period"...and how it will be over for her and her pen pal very soon...geesh! The more I read the more it seems she is trying for the insanity plea...lol

Well, she better pray for a jury from another planet, after disparaging Italians, Hispanics and saying one chick "got all Black about it", God help her if she ever gets put in general population, for her prejudice, but mainly for killing a baby I believe she would be brutally murdered in prison. I don't think she will ever be in GP, is that correct?

I think if she does get convicted with the dp - they are are death row which is separate from GP as well. But she better watch her back wherever she goes....remember Jeffrey Dahmer?

Mark Nejame was so right at Monday's hearing when he accused JB lazy and sloppy work. There is no way JB read these letters, and if he did it confirms the fact that he needs to go.

NOTE:

It's been a really long time since one of our threads has gone to over 1,000 posts. Should we break this into thread #2? I don't know how.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5025570#post5025570"]2010.04.06 Jail House Letters Released - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee