2010.04.14 - Former FBI Agent claims Haleigh case is now a "Homicide" investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He says he has an eyewitness. Then he goes on to say he is not a detective, and isn't certain if Misty will be charged with anything, because she was there. Says Ronald is not involved to his knowledge. So, who does that leave? Tommy, Timmy and Cousin Joe. Wow, the ones I least suspected. His eyewitness is lying, in my opinion!

Nice post. I agree we should keep an open mind, and believe me, I would like to be able to "clear" him in my own mind - but I can't. In addition to the phone calls, what about stopping at the convenience store for beer, peanuts, and cigs before hurrying home to see why no one answered? A bit too convenient he was caught on the store tape.

How about Joe wasn't there when Misty and TN said he was? How about him telling Misty which ditch to find the gun in? Convenient, hinky? It is to me. There's a few more things that are too convenient, but these are some of the reasons "I" can't clear him.

Just my opinion, of course, and everybody has one.

ITA so many hinky things! We could do pages. I was thinking last night, if Ron was a jerk before Haleigh went missing than what makes us think he wouldn't act like a jerk after Haleigh went missing. I had posted this before very early on but I remembered it last night.

*I still think there are a lot more questions than answers and Ron is involved in a lot of them. Guess I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Hi Abrra, At this point all they have determined her death is homicide, the killing of another human being. After they find the body and do an autopsy they will most likely change that to murder which requires the intent to kill a person. xox

Sherriff Hardy has not stated this is a homicide investigation that I am aware of. He actually is quoted as saying it has not been determined yet. PI Brown says to the media it is. I'll go with Sherriff Hardy until further notice. Just sayin'..

IMO if they had told the family that a body was found yesterday you would not have seen Haleigh's family able to walk out of there and to their cars. No way! They would have been unable to stand and unable to stop crying.

Sheriff Hardy has not stated this is a homicide investigation that I am aware of. He actually is quoted as saying it has not been determined yet. PI Brown says to the media it is. I'll go with Sheriff Hardy until further notice. Just sayin'..

Exactly! I will also add my :twocents: on him claiming he solved the case. Not that I am bad mouthing him. JMO.
The case has not been solved! Haleigh is still missing and LE has not said who did what or when. I do believe that eventually it will be classified as a Homicide, but most already felt last year that this was not abduction or accident. But that was just an opinion/theory.

Until LE finds Haleigh and flat out says who is to blame, I really can't rejoice for closure for Haleigh. She is still missing...

Former FBI agent who is working for CS is the one who solved this case, and he states that it is because of him that they are at the site.
http://www.news4jax.com/video/23145771/index.html

No jury in the world would convict anyone on Misty's word. Nothing, and I mean nothing, points to anyone other than Ronald and Misty. I'm not sure what it would take to change my mind, but I'm thinking a confession, or a video of the kidnapping/murder could do it.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...heriff-status-haleigh-cummings-case-unchanged

It looks like LE is not working hand in hand with PI Brown and are distancing themselves from him in this statement:

The Sheriff's Office issued a statement that it wouldn't comment on a private investigator's statements on TV that he had solved the case.

"It would be irresponsible for the Sheriff’s Office to comment on speculative comments made by any independent source without having viable information to corroborate it," the Sheriff's Office said.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy said that "if and when any factual information is obtained in this case that will either explain what happened to Haleigh Cummings, or identify who is responsible for her disappearance, he will make a formal release to the public."

Just going off a hunch here. Remember the other night - before this all broke- there was rumor that this guy - Steve Brown's son was blogging about how his dad solved the case? Do any of you remember the kid's name? Don't want to say what I'm thinking yet until I get the kid's first name. Anybody remember?

Just going off a hunch here. Remember the other night - before this all broke- there was rumor that this guy - Steve Brown's son was blogging about how his dad solved the case? Do any of you remember the kid's name? Don't want to say what I'm thinking yet until I get the kid's first name. Anybody remember?

Indochine

Indochine
thankx but that was his "screen name" right? I need to find out his real first name. Anybody have a link to the property appraiser's office for up there - anyone check out the neighbors that live in the now 'blocked off' area? Could Steve Brown live in that area?

I say this because on the live Jax4 feed they were interviewing residents going in and out at the checkpoint. This one young male was interviewed and the name they put up was Nathan Brown. hhhhmmmmm............

& I was a little surprised @ his immature 'so take that' attitude. I'm a little leery of all of this.

Sherriff Hardy has not stated this is a homicide investigation that I am aware of. He actually is quoted as saying it has not been determined yet. PI Brown says to the media it is. I'll go with Sherriff Hardy until further notice. Just sayin'..
I agree. I don't believe it is official either.

What store did RC stop at that was beyond buffalo bluff, in the direction of the area being searched? What time was he seen there, on video?

Wouldn't that place him close to the area, and not at work. What time was that?

I so hope he doesn't get away this this...........moo

It appears to me that SB's greed for credit is causing him to lose some credibility, with me anyway.

What do we know about SB. Could we start a thread on him? tia

http://www.wsmv.com/news/23145916/detail.html

An Antioch man was questioned by investigators late Tuesday night about the disappearance of a young Florida girl.A recent tip has given investigators a new lead in their search for Haleigh Cummings, a 5-year-old girl who’s been missing for more than a year.That search apparenltty led them to Nashville and Joseph Overstreet.Overstreet and his attorney, Shawn Sirgo, arrived at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation around 11 p.m. Tuesday.According to his Sirgo, Overstreet was called in by Florida investigators for routine questioning about the night Haleigh disappeared.

If SB has been noseying around there for 10 months, someone must have got a clue. Sneaky evidence could have been placed there by anyone for make him look like a fool, and it's possible he is falling right into it, as well as LE.

Someone may very well think they are smarter than LE, retired or not.

I think someone's been punked,
That's my opinion at the moment.

moo

What store did RC stop at that was beyond buffalo bluff, in the direction of the area being searched? What time was he seen there, on video?

Wouldn't that place him close to the area, and not at work. What time was that?

I so hope he doesn't get away this this...........moo

It appears to me that SB's greed for credit is causing him to lose some credibility, with me anyway.

What do we know about SB. Could we start a thread on him? tia

Ron is reported to have stopped at the Kangaroo on Co Rd 309, south of Green Lane, going past his house about 2 miles. This Kangaroo is about 3 miles from this current search site.

Steve Brown stated he was working for Crystal S. but on AH site he states that Steve Brown was a PI for ToC atty. I am really confused by this.

It would explain him coming out and stating that he is not TC's attorney in the Haleigh Cummings case.
moo

Steve Brown stated he was working for Crystal S. but on AH site he states that Steve Brown was a PI for ToC atty. I am really confused by this.
This is the part that bugs me...could lead to speculation that Tommy was led. If this guy turns out to be not legit, oh boy, this case is in trouble. but, I do give BIG credit to Crystal for trying to get to the truth. Has it been reported if Ron had hired a PI?

What and who is he referring to in the interview with NEW4Jax claiming he has solved the Haleigh case and that it was determined as of yesterday it was now a homicide investigation.

"Steve Brown, former FBI agent, says investigation into Haleigh Cummings' disappearance is now a homicide case". That they have enough evidence even without the body to prosecute this case. When asked who the suspect is, he says "I think you know".

No transcript yet. Just video, but please take a listen and share in what it's telling you.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/23145771/index.html

Did Sheriff Hardy pass on, and Mr. Brown is now the new Sheriff of Putnam County? I missed that news.

Sheriff Hardy has said he is going to wait to make that determination.
To me this says, we need some evidence, like a body, but that's moo.

I have no clue as to why I don't like this guy.
When asked who the suspect is, he says, "I think you know." Well, if he knew, he wouldn't have asked, ok? grrr

IMO if they had told the family that a body was found yesterday you would not have seen Haleigh's family able to walk out of there and to their cars. No way! They would have been unable to stand and unable to stop crying.

When my daughter was killed the sheriffs dept would not release any information over the phone about her death. When I got to the emergency room, I know I went into shock and because of that shock I cried very little after I was told she had died. The floods of tears came later and month after month...even still to this day and it has been 15 years since she passed.
Some people grieve differently.
The police had to have told something about Haleigh to Teresa and the others Cummings Family to make them cry. There is no doubt in my mind that the police don't have good news about Haleigh. Theres a red light flashing to make the police feel that the information they may have couldn't be told to the Cummings over the phone. I am not being snarky here..but the circumstances surrounding the Cummings/Crystal/ even Ron coming from jail to meet with police make me suspicious that little Haleighs remains have been found but but the police do not want to make that information public while they continue to observe the Croslins to get enough info to charge them with Haleighs disappearance and death. Something in FLorida smells rotten and its coming from the Croslin Camp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back