2010.04.14 Search scene now a CRIME scene-Misty to testify against perp in plea deal

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTEAs the search entered its third day, divers continue to come up empty and the search seemed to be concentrated around a dock on the river about five miles from Haleigh's house in Satsuma, Fla., 65 miles south of Jacksonville. It's a small area that reportedly has not been searched before.
Croslin was seen standing on the dock with investigators Wednesday, near what looks to be a table with items on it.

I took this quote from the Search thread.

I remember this in the photos of Misty on the dock. Has anyone sleuthed that or zoomed in?

I usually dont write on here but there is one thing that has bothered me from the very beginning. Is Nancy Grace secretly in love with Ronald? Oh my gosh, to hear her talk of him and his definite innocence is getting old. Was she there that night?

u know now looking at the new allegations of possible molestation or abuse wasnt ron supposedly going to get into trouble before haleigh disappeared because haleigh was missin a lot of school. children with bruises or signs of abuse are often kept home or take lots of days off of school. just a thought. jmo.

I looked at that table last night. It seems to be a "garage sale type" table and its set up in the water. If you look at a still picture of MC on the dock you can see a guy in the water past the table and the water is only up to his shins - so the bank there is pretty shallow. As for the table - it just seems its a table where they are putting equipment. It looks like a couple of life jackets or floatation jackets on the end. Just my :twocents: on the table thingy.

The gun - again. I brought up the "elusive" gun last night when I started this thread. So say LE knows (or has been told by more than one person) that the gun was thrown in the river there - how does THAT connect to Haleigh?

And, how does THAT connect to MC and this "testifying against the perp" plea deal? IF the "gun" is connected and we know of only 2 people who had connections to that "gun" - then its either JO or RC.

Back to MC's comment about hurting 2 people. One we "care" about and one "not so much" - JO and RC. hhhmmmm............

I am so hoping for something from LE today - just even a little tid bit or morsel we can chew on.

I am leaning towards Ron, Tommy and Misty were involved in something that led up to Haleigh's disappearance. LE has to figure out what they did before they can figure out who/what happened to Haleigh. I think they all know who/why it happened and they are not saying in order to save their own butts. So they blame Joe...which tells me Joe was not involved at all and knows nothing, or he would rat them out for what he knows....he is a safe fall guy.
I think LE is on to them. They really want Ron's gun..which I believe they will find exactly where they are looking.
Misty is cracking for a plea. "It's going to hurt 2 people"...One we care about and one we don't... Ron and Tommy?

I am simply trying to understand all of these posts about "Ron's gun". Is this conjecture, opinion, or fact about a gun being searched for? It's cool with me either way, I'm just trying to get a handle on what's being discussed.

If this is some type of reference to the gun mentioned in the possible RC/JO fight, that gun was reported by numerous media outlets and Misty's LVA as being found in the culvert at MC's brother's house.

I know that Ron had wounds on his hands and behind his head the day after HaLeigh went missing. Did Joe? Tommy? Misty?

I feel you are channeling Dr. Seuss. Green Eggs and Ham. Sorry, nothing funny about all this.

I still think they took her out there in order to scare someone else. Why would they need her out there? After "is this the river where it happened?" there isn't much else to ask.

No I totally agree. I feel this is a sting operation...

I want to know how long they been searching there...The family found out and were told they had to leave...Hoping they found something!

The gun discussion started as speculation but today this article was posted:

Misty Croslin’s cousin questioned
Updated: Thursday, 15 Apr 2010, 11:24 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 15 Apr 2010, 8:23 AM EDT

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35)

Investigators say Haleigh's dad Ronald Cummings and Overstreet got into a fight over a gun just days before Haleigh disappeared. That tip led investigators to search the Saint Johns River in Putnam County. Divers are back in the river today, for the 3rd day in a row.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/cummings_case/041510-Haleigh-Cummings

So now we have a FOX media outlet reporting about the gun and the search - although I will say that paragraph is vague - does it connect the gun to the search? Or is it simply two different sentences strung together?

I am leaning towards Ron, Tommy and Misty were involved in something that led up to Haleigh's disappearance. LE has to figure out what they did before they can figure out who/what happened to Haleigh. I think they all know who/why it happened and they are not saying in order to save their own butts. So they blame Joe...which tells me Joe was not involved at all and knows nothing, or he would rat them out for what he knows....he is a safe fall guy.
I think LE is on to them. They really want Ron's gun..which I believe they will find exactly where they are looking.
Misty is cracking for a plea. "It's going to hurt 2 people"...One we care about and one we don't... Ron and Tommy?

I personally do not think Joe had anything to do with this. I think the "tip" that Misty (and possibly her brother) provided that initiated the river search was bogus. IMO, Misty is only trying to divert the attention from herself and in her mind Joe is the easiest target.

Ron and Misty, What did you do to Haleigh and where is she?

A lot of things just don't add up. If this current search effort is an elaborate scheme cooked up as a means to get out of jail/get reduced sentences, why would LE declare the search site a "crime scene", and call the family together to appraise them of the situation? They didn't do this with other searches or when they searched the pond.

I don't think LE is easily duped into believing a phony story and acting on it as they've acted on this one.

I think LE has something, other than what they've been told by any of the players in this, that's behind the current search.

Actually LE hasn't declared that area a crime scene. That info came from one of those supposed "sources".

I don't think LE is easily duped, I think they have to check it out if that where certain players are pointing.

They might be hunting for or found her nebulizer/breathing machine. It would be heavy enough to maybe stay in the area and sink in the silt. It would have a serial number that could be traced.

Someone else speculated that it might be something Ron decided that if it was gone it would point to someone kidnapping her and most likely her mother and from the jail phone calls we know that is who TN and Ron's have been pointing at from the start.

And with that I am going to ask a question that I have always had, but been too afraid to show my ignorance of the drug culture. Are there any types of illegal drugs that could be self administered by using a machine like that? I have always wondered when people say that hers is missing whether someone had used it illicitly and forgotten what was in it and then accidentally let her use it with the wrong "meds"....

jmoo

I am beginning to wonder if maybe what ever LE is searching for was tied down under that short pier/bridge/dock? I agree, the focus is right there from what they are letting us see. Does anyone know if the other side of the river is being searched? They say this is less than 2 miles from where Haleigh went missing. Was there a dock behind the mobile home? Maybe someone should go back and check there? Did the dogs not lead to the water also the day Haleigh was reported Missing? All the docks along the river should be checked IMO, what if Misty is pointing out the location she thought it was, but was so doped up she forgot the exact location?

On NG yesterday, she mentioned an ice chest or something that looked like and ice chest in the water that divers had. What the heck was that all about? Was it something retrieved from the river? Is is related to Haleigh's case? Is it something searchers used to put something they found in?

I grew up on a lake in upstate NY. When I was a teenager, my dad's fishing boat overturned and sank. A couple weeks later, divers brought up the boat and items that were on the boat when it sank. They immediately put the outboard motor into a barrel and poured kerosene in the barrel to prevent working parts of the motor from seizing up due to prolonged submersion in water.

If a gun was found in the river, wouldn't it be like that motor and working parts seize up if not immediately put in a lubricant? Would that be why searchers would have an ice chest in the water?

I am simply trying to understand all of these posts about "Ron's gun". Is this conjecture, opinion, or fact about a gun being searched for? It's cool with me either way, I'm just trying to get a handle on what's being discussed.

If this is some type of reference to the gun mentioned in the possible RC/JO fight, that gun was reported by numerous media outlets and Misty's LVA as being found in the culvert at MC's brother's house.

Investigators say Haleigh's dad Ronald Cummings and Overstreet got into a fight over a gun just days before Haleigh disappeared. That tip led investigators to search the Saint Johns River in Putnam County. Divers are back in the river today, for the 3rd day in a row.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/cummings_case/041510-Haleigh-Cummings

And with that I am going to ask a question that I have always had, but been too afraid to show my ignorance of the drug culture. Are there any types of illegal drugs that could be self administered by using a machine like that? I have always wondered when people say that hers is missing whether someone had used it illicitly and forgotten what was in it and then accidentally let her use it with the wrong "meds"....

I do not know if it is possible that illegal drugs could be done with it. I do know that if you use Albuterol it will show up as a stimulate in a drug test. Also, now that you mentioned it. Albuterol has recently been taken off the market. Last fall sometime.

Leila, turns the cooler lookin thingy is a sifter contraption.

We haven't heard word one from the lawyers. I'm very curious about MC's lawyer. She was at the dock yesterday - alone. The posted article says she has a plea deal and is going to testify against the perp. Now, we hear that ToC was at the dock as well. That only leaves 2 other people - JO and RC - to be "the perp". If MC was taken to that dock without her attorney - he would have been screaming to high heavens - unless there is a deal on the table and he is onboard with it - KWIM?

I personally do not think Joe had anything to do with this. I think the "tip" that Misty (and possibly her brother) provided that initiated the river search was bogus. IMO, Misty is only trying to divert the attention from herself and in her mind Joe is the easiest target.

Ron and Misty, What did you do to Haleigh and where is she?

I agree, I'm just hoping that she was telling LE the right place, just with the wrong perps..

Leila, turns the cooler lookin thingy is a sifter contraption.

Thanks Suzy! I've been thinking about that "ice chest" since NG mentioned it and wondering why no one was talking about it. A sifter makes sense. What they may be looking for could be a small object.

QUOTEAs the search entered its third day, divers continue to come up empty and the search seemed to be concentrated around a dock on the river about five miles from Haleigh's house in Satsuma, Fla., 65 miles south of Jacksonville. It's a small area that reportedly has not been searched before.
Croslin was seen standing on the dock with investigators Wednesday, near what looks to be a table with items on it.

I took this quote from the Search thread.

I remember this in the photos of Misty on the dock. Has anyone sleuthed that or zoomed in?

I wonder if there were things in bags on that table that LE wanted Misty to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sloan3039