2010.04.15 Presser Video: Sheriff, Haleigh Likely Dead; POI Identified

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
honey, the seeker, you are not hated for giving your take on RC. I tend to see RC as being ultimately responsible for his daughter's care. I believe he wanted to cover up this crime along with others, for some reason, but maybe not. I just have a hard time understanding everyone's actions and stories. Haleigh deserves Justice and loving her we deserve answers.

My gut opinion, FWIW, is that RC is just as responsible for this as any mother we see on here bringing POSs into their kids lives, but that he himself did not do this. JMO, though, from a fairly uninformed position.

sheriff: three days ago the putnam county sherriffs office assisted by divers from surrounding areas conducted a diligent search on the waterway and wooded area around shell harbor boat ramp. the search is a result of information obtained during interviews in th haleigh cummings case. items have been recovered at the search site, but at this point, it is not known that these items are related to this investigation. all items located in this search will be forwarded to several independent labs for analysis. the putnam county sherriffs office has recieved numerous inquiries regarding the status of this investigation, specifically if this is a missing persons investigation or a homicide investigation. over the past few weeks information has been obtained from investigators that lead them to believe that haleigh cummings is most likely deceased. the specific details of this information, can not, and iadd, will not , be released at this time. there are rumors spreading that a suspect has been taken into custody, as a result of this investigation. this rumor is not true. however, the investigative team has identified persons of interest in this case.

My hope is whoever is responsible for this crime needs to take a seat on "Old Sparky" which is still legal in Florida. JMO

My worry is how to take anyone to trial in this case...almost seems like deals will have to be cut, with pleas of some degree of guilt by all...if LE cannot prove murder as cause of death, it would be ruled as undetermined and could be accidental...charges could be less than murder, I fear. And in a trial, how on earth to prove who did what? A jury won't buy that three stood by as one did the crime, for instance...that will look like finger-pointing. I don't see how they can have any hard evidence in the end, of who committed the crime and how Haleigh died, other than the words of whoever is talking. I hope I am wrong.

at all that night and that there was never a fight over a gun while also ranting about killing whoever did it and immediately moving out of the house where his daughter "got stole" from. So why was it that when MC was first trying to point to Joe and TN and everyone chimed in about how he's a bad guy and who knows what he's capable of, that he "messed with" Misty, that Ron never cared if it was Joe or not and pretty much said it couldn't be cause he wasn't ever there and never even jumped on the possibility that it was Joe like Misty said. He didn't believe Misty that it was Joe yet he marries Misty who he later decides is holding something back but he has already determined it could not be Joe because he wasn't there. Also, for all these months LE can't make a case against Joe even though Misty first pointed to him and why wouldn't she "tell all" about him before now. Does not compute.

why hasn't RC been screaming for justice for the past 14 months?
Why don't we hear from this guy, ever?
his daughter has been missing!

My worry is how to take anyone to trial in this case...almost seems like deals will have to be cut, with pleas of some degree of guilt by all...if LE cannot prove murder as cause of death, it would be ruled as undetermined and could be accidental...charges could be less than murder, I fear. And in a trial, how on earth to prove who did what? A jury won't buy that three stood by as one did the crime, for instance...that will look like finger-pointing. I don't see how they can have any hard evidence in the end, of who committed the crime and how Haleigh died, other than the words of whoever is talking. I hope I am wrong.

The "good" thing about this group of folks, though, is that there seems to be more than ample illegal activity all around for deal-cutting without even getting down to the child abduction/murder strata. After the whole story gets out, the DA could likely cut 75 years off them all, and still be left with 30.

I don't necessarily think they are going to have to offer anything to these people. They are their own worst enemies and right now are stewing in their own juices in jail. I think LE has been very extremely patient... they have tied the drug deals to them and now they are all safely behind bars. I think all the rest will neatly follow. FWIW, drugs, or activity surrounding it (even if it is just parental neglect) imhoo played a huge part in what happened to Haleigh. I hope not a single plea deal is passed out to any of them. And today Sheriff Hardy didn't seem to act like that was on the menu either.

The "good" thing about this group of folks, though, is that there seems to be more than ample illegal activity all around for deal-cutting without even getting down to the child abduction/murder strata. After the whole story gets out, the DA could likely cut 75 years off them all, and still be left with 30.
amen Ducky! ((())))

Just saying that trying a case on only verbal testimony and proof of death can be risky...IF cause of death cannot be proven and all the rest of the evidence is he said/she said.
Hopefully other charges would keep them all locked safely away no matter what else happens but would hate to not have anyone specifically pay for her death.

If we go back to the beginning RC should have been thrown in jail for sex with a minor. He brought MC into the lives of his children, so he bears some responsibility for what has happened to Haleigh. JMO
This should be the post of the day! You are 100% correct! Also what no one is saying is that LE bears responsibility also. You think they don't know what goes on in that small trailor community (not big enough to be a town)?

It just seems to be accepted that those back woods people can have an under-age girlfriend and no one bats an eye until it creates a problem like a high profile case and then everyone wants to show how "efficient" and sorry they are. This whole mess is inexcusable and unnecessary!

For me, and this Joe situation, my biggest question is why would Ron deny there was a fight with Joe, that Joe was even around? It's either/or here. Either Joe was there or he wasn't. Either Ron knows or he doesn't. With Joe getting a lawyer and being brought up again, I'm guessing that Ron knows, and Joe was there.

I completely agree with you, and I'll probably have to duck after typing this, but I never felt RC was involved, and could not understand WHY he would be selling drugs with her when his daughter was missing...so I started to wonder with all of his talk with TN and all from jail, that maybe LE was using him to catch Misty and co, in selling the drugs, by pretending to go along, and that is why he has been quiet...he's keeping his ears open in prison, and letting things unfold. He may have had a smirk on his face after the meeting the other day because he feels they "have them now". Just a thought...dont hate me.

Hmm... interesting. I got such bad vibes from his 911 call reactions. It just seemed staged to me. But I have to admit that this same idea has (ever so) briefly floated through my head. Misty looked totally blind-sided in the video of the drug bust. I don't recall seeing Ron's reaction.

He's such a 'hot head' and he doesn't come across as a very patient individual, IMO. He also appears to want to take matters into his own hands and mete out his own style of 'justice' rather than patiently wait for LE to do their job.

Wouldn't it be something if he came out the hero in all this? I'd have to be eating some big time crow (instead of NG). I'm not cooking that bird just yet, though. ;)

Hmm... interesting. I got such bad vibes from his 911 call reactions. It just seemed staged to me. But I have to admit that this same idea has (ever so) briefly floated through my head. Misty looked totally blind-sided in the video of the drug bust. I don't recall seeing Ron's reaction.

He's such a 'hot head' and he doesn't come across as a very patient individual, IMO. He also appears to want to take matters into his own hands and mete out his own style of 'justice' rather than patiently wait for LE to do their job.

Wouldn't it be something if he came out the hero in all this? I'd have to be eating some big time crow (instead of NG). I'm not cooking that bird just yet, though. ;)

Don't hawks normally enjoy crow? :waitasec:

ETA: Just lie to me and say they hate the taste of duck. :yow:

BBM Yeah, I would hang on to that bird ROTFL. The Sheriff says they are just starting to talk & cooperate. It would not surprise me to hear a number of other stories yet. We don't even know if they are the same stories.

LMAO - bring an extra fork suzi, cause I'll be eating crow with ya!

This should be the post of the day! You are 100% correct! Also what no one is saying is that LE bears responsibility also. You think they don't know what goes on in that small trailor community (not big enough to be a town)?

It just seems to be accepted that those back woods people can have an under-age girlfriend and no one bats an eye until it creates a problem like a high profile case and then everyone wants to show how "efficient" and sorry they are. This whole mess is inexcusable and unnecessary!

I don't know about anyone else, but I hear the theme from 'Deliverence' in my head whenever I read anything about these folks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back